BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4,000 Holes: Issue 108 is out now (don't mention the play-offs)

7 hours ago, 4,000 Holes said:

Good news! 4,000 Holes will return for the Stoke home match in a couple of weeks. Previous subscribers are still due the forthcoming Issue 105 and this should arrive before 27th August (unless postal strikes cause havoc).

To subscribe or renew this season, please visit:

https://roversfanzine.bigcartel.com/product/4-000-holes-subscriptions-2022-23

Further details are available on site in this article:

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/4000-holes-is-back!/24

Can I pay without using PayPal please?

• 2 weeks later...

Issue 105 of 4,000 Holes is out now. This can be purchased for £1.50 on Kidder Street before the forthcoming home matches or ONLINE VIA THIS LINK. Plenty of great stuff in this, including an extensive interview with Chris Sutton. There are subscription options here.

113 copies were packed and posted to subscribers yesterday, with another 60-odd going out today - hopefully the postal strike doesn't cause too much of a delay.

Issue 105 - Sept 2022.jpg

Edited by 4,000 Holes

• 1 month later...

Issue 106 of 4,000 Holes is out now - Derby Countdown! This can be purchased for £1.50 on Kidder Street before the forthcoming home matches or ONLINE VIA THIS LINK. Plenty of great stuff in this, including a deep look into Rovers videotapes from the 1990s, one man's quest to avoid hearing Rovers results (as per the Likely Lads), the next part of Ian Herbert's Rovers kit series (this time moving onto the 1970s) and a 'Cheyenne' Dougan tribute from Fred Cumpstey. Much much more of course! There are subscription options here.

Over 100 copies have already been posted to subscribers - please be patient as there will be a backlog due to Royal Mail strike action.

Issue 106 - Nov 2022.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The absence of any Saturday 3pm games means that the next issue of 4,000 Holes won't be out until late January. 'Normal kick-offs' are the optimum time for selling copies at Ewood rather than lunchtimes and night matches.

Subscriptions and back issues are still available here: https://roversfanzine.bigcartel.com/

The special edition Issue 103 – an alternative review of 2010-2020 – proved to be very popular earlier this year and sold out very quickly. Good news! They are now back in stock after an extra print run so if you missed out, please order a copy. Thanks!

• 4,000 Holes changed the title to 4,000 Holes: 2000-2010 Special Edition Out Now

Issue 107 is now on sale! Special edition reviewing the 2000-10 era in Rovers history. Unmissable if you loved that decade – loads of niche stories! Over 140 copies have already been posted out so subscribers should be receiving them soon. On sale before the match on Saturday at Ewood too.

ORDER HERE: https://roversfanzine.bigcartel.com/product/4-000-holes-issue-107-special-edition

(CLICK HERE FOR EBAY)

"A brilliant publication. I laughed - and cried!"

"Such a bargain. Trying to swot up on my trivia to answer all those random questions from Rovers"

UPLOAD PROMO.jpg

• Like 2

Read through it at the weekend. Fantastic issue!

Was a really great period to be a Rovers fan (especially as I was 6 years old in 1995), this to me was by far the best time I've had watching Rovers.

One thing (unless I missed it - which is entirely possible) but there was a section on the Andy Todd elbow smash FA Cup semi final but not the "OMG how did you miss that MGP" FA cup semi final? A high point of the decade for me in glorious failure.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Read through it at the weekend. Fantastic issue!

Was a really great period to be a Rovers fan (especially as I was 6 years old in 1995), this to me was by far the best time I've had watching Rovers.

One thing (unless I missed it - which is entirely possible) but there was a section on the Andy Todd elbow smash FA Cup semi final but not the "OMG how did you miss that MGP" FA cup semi final? A high point of the decade for me in glorious failure.

Andy Todd's Bishop Brennan was one of my favourite ever pieces to write...

Thanks for all the positive feedback - it's really appreciated!  Reminder that Issue 107 will be available on Kidder Street for £2 before the match today.

Alternatively order online by clicking here. More details on site here:

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/4000-holes-fanzine-noughties-special-edition/367

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Final shout for Issue 107 as we need to focus efforts on a 'Wembley Special' soon!😆 A few handfuls will be on sale before the match today and it's still online here🔽 Thanks to everyone who's got a copy so far... 

https://roversfanzine.bigcartel.com/product/4-000-holes-issue-107-special-edition

• 4,000 Holes changed the title to 4,000 Holes: Issue 108 is out now (don't mention the play-offs)
Issue 108 of 4,000 Holes is now on sale for just £2.00 and it can be purchased ONLINE HERE as well as on EBAY HERE

Highlights include 'Firing The Apprentices', another part of the Rovers kits through the decades series (1980s), tales from the famous Isle of Man pub 'The Rovers Return', a tribute to Eyal Berkovic, 'The Search for an Equaliser', Top 10 Rovers Wingers, and a focus on the lottery of the play-offs and penalties. Lots of other great stuff and all the regular features.

It will also be available to buy on Kidder Street before the forthcoming home matches in April. There's still chance to buy a postal subscription here.

Issue 108 - Apr 2023.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4,000 Holes said:
Issue 108 of 4,000 Holes is now on sale for just £2.00 and it can be purchased ONLINE HERE as well as on EBAY HERE

Highlights include 'Firing The Apprentices', another part of the Rovers kits through the decades series (1980s), tales from the famous Isle of Man pub 'The Rovers Return', a tribute to Eyal Berkovic, 'The Search for an Equaliser', Top 10 Rovers Wingers, and a focus on the lottery of the play-offs and penalties. Lots of other great stuff and all the regular features.

It will also be available to buy on Kidder Street before the forthcoming home matches in April. There's still chance to buy a postal subscription here.

Issue 108 - Apr 2023.jpg

Glenn Entwistle’s piece is inspired…👌

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who has bought Issue 108 over the Easter weekend - subscribers should also have received their issues in the post, despite the bank holidays.  More copies will be available before the Hull match on Saturday and they're still online below.  Hopefully this front cover won't have expired by then!!  Thanks for supporting the fanzine this season - it's really appreciated by all of the contributors.

https://roversfanzine.bigcartel.com/product/4-000-holes-issue-108

• Like 2