BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP Matt Sillitoe

8 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He did yeah and Lower Chapel Olympic prior to that 

I remember paying against him a few times over the years, including the 1987 Eddleston cup final on Ewood Park.

He will be beside himself, with what has happened.

I have two of my own around the same age.

Awful news.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lraC said:

I remember paying against him a few times over the years, including the 1987 Eddleston cup final on Ewood Park.

He will be beside himself, with what has happened.

I have two of my own around the same age.

Awful news.

I was in that Marsh House team but got very badly injured in a pre season friendly at Turton and missed the entire season. I spoke to Dave on Sunday, he’s bewildered at the minute.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I was in that Marsh House team but got very badly injured in a pre season friendly at Turton and missed the entire season. I spoke to Dave on Sunday, he’s bewildered at the minute.

I probably played against you, as I played for West End CYC for around 15 years. Sorry to hear about the injury, did it mean you missed the final on Ewood?

I don't know Dave personally, but certainly remember playing against him.

Pass on my condolences, when you next speak to him. 

2 hours ago, lraC said:

I probably played against you, as I played for West End CYC for around 15 years. Sorry to hear about the injury, did it mean you missed the final on Ewood?

I don't know Dave personally, but certainly remember playing against him.

Pass on my condolences, when you next speak to him. 

I will do mate. Yeah I broke my leg in the first minute of the first pre-season friendly that season and didn't play again until half way through the next season. I only played for Marsh House for a couple of seasons - Lower Chapel and Darwen Olympic before them were my Saturday teams and then latterly the Alex/Sunnyhurst. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I will do mate. Yeah I broke my leg in the first minute of the first pre-season friendly that season and didn't play again until half way through the next season. I only played for Marsh House for a couple of seasons - Lower Chapel and Darwen Olympic before them were my Saturday teams and then latterly the Alex/Sunnyhurst. 

Cheers for that.

Sounds nasty that. I had to leg breaks in my time and luckily managed to get over both and carry on playing.

I am pretty sure I will have played against you for West End, against both Lower Chapel and Marsh House.

I can't remember playing Darwen Olympic, but definitely played against the other two sides you played for.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BRFCS.com said:

Blackburn Rovers Community Trust fundraiser in memory of Matt Sillitoe.

All donations will help fund 'Remember the Rovers' for Blackburn Rovers Community Trust because this was a project close to Matt’s heart.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Lynsey-Talbot3

I was scrolling through the donations and noticed John Buckley had donated £200.

Class. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Same thing happened to me in a pre-season friendly. It was arranged that I’d come on at halftime. Whoever played best was in the team for the first league fixture that weekend. We were losing 2-0 and my “ rival “ hadn’t done much. So  I’d come on as a sub at half time. We kicked off and the lads passed the ball back to me in the old right half position. The pass was under played and as I got to the ball and tried to beat the on rushing opponents striker he caught my trailing leg. You could hear the crack like a pistol shot. The lad I subbed had to get out of the shower and come back on !

I was never the same player after that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Same thing happened to me in a pre-season friendly. It was arranged that I’d come on at halftime. Whoever played best was in the team for the first league fixture that weekend. We were losing 2-0 and my “ rival “ hadn’t done much. So  I’d come on as a sub at half time. We kicked off and the lads passed the ball back to me in the old right half position. The pass was under played and as I got to the ball and tried to beat the on rushing opponents striker he caught my trailing leg. You could hear the crack like a pistol shot. The lad I subbed had to get out of the shower and come back on !

I was never the same player after that.

Mine was a weird one Tyrone. It was literally seconds into the game. They kicked off, passed it back to their centre half, and I closed him down. Inexplicably, instead of clearing it, he turned and passed it back to their keeper but there had been a downpour just before the game and the ball slowed up so I nipped in and knocked it past the onrushing goalie and scored, but his momentum took him feet first right into me and snapped my shinbone (I had pads on too!).

Shortest season ever for me, it only lasted about 15 seconds, but I did score a goal I suppose!