BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP Matt Sillitoe

Absolutely awful news that Matt is no longer with us. He’s the voice of match day for many Rovers fans that are new supporters and if anyone had the chance to meet him he was a true gent.

This has really knocked me for six. Matt’s dad was a teammate of mine for years and a fantastic bloke (and no mean footballer either). Matt was the same age as my youngest son as well. No parent should ever have to bury their child. Thoughts are with Dave and all the Sillitoe family today. RIP Matthew.

• Like 1

Had the pleasure of knowing Matt for much of the last 5 years. A witty, smart, dedicated, hardworking and loyal person who's time on this earth has concluded far too soon. I hope he has found peace. Condolences to all who also knew him, especially his family. RIP Matt! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doctorryan said:

He used to be on here in his teen years if I remember correctly, but I'll let someone else identify his username.  I used to call him the "purple ocean".  MAJOR BUMMER.

I remember him too.

Edited by den

On 27/08/2023 at 09:53, tomphil said:

Didn't know him but he really was the voice of Ewood and the best at it.

RIP

And me, too. RIP.

I wasn't in Watford yesterday but believe they mentioned Matt.

Which was particularly good of them when they were remembering - and paying tribute to - one of the best 'keepers in their history who passed away recently.

• Like 2

On 27/08/2023 at 10:47, oldjamfan1 said:

This has really knocked me for six. Matt’s dad was a teammate of mine for years and a fantastic bloke (and no mean footballer either). Matt was the same age as my youngest son as well. No parent should ever have to bury their child. Thoughts are with Dave and all the Sillitoe family today. RIP Matthew.

I think I know who Matt's Dad is. Did he play for Marsh House in Blackburn combination in the late 80's early 90's?

• Like 1