BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers' last 7 managers ranked

On 31/10/2023 at 22:31, Andy said:

Yep, we were flying high under Hodgson until Sherwood, Sutton and company decided that 2 x training sessions per day wasn't going to fly.

Things went downhill from there.

Shame, he was ahead of his time in many ways, when he landed here.

1997/98 is a season I'm really quite fond of. It felt at the time like we'd found our 'new Kenny' with how we started that season. The 7-2 win over Sheffield Wednesday is iconic. The way it panned out for Roy at Rovers really saddens me when you look at the career he went onto have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

1997/98 is a season I'm really quite fond of. It felt at the time like we'd found our 'new Kenny' with how we started that season. The 7-2 win over Sheffield Wednesday is iconic. The way it panned out for Roy at Rovers really saddens me when you look at the career he went onto have.

5-1 up inside 24 minutes. I remember thinking we were going to score 10 the way we were playing.

Playing with proper wingers and two strikers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Unfortunately he inherited a lot of problems that came with that great squad.

Lots of Billy Big Bollocks that didn't like being told what to do.

I still reckon if we'd have had him back after Hughes left, we'd have been a solid top six side every year.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I don't think Roy achieved much , where the expectations were high ...Rovers at the time we're top 6 , Liverpool don't ask !! Far better at managing where the expectations were much lower....Think he disappeared abroad after Rovers for a couple of years ...