BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Relegation - the Cost.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Which is why I hold out a distant hope that the intervention of the Indian authorities and Courts may ultimately be a blessing in the long run. 

In the short term not - the stripping back of the last 12 months or so shows that - but ultimately there's now the involvement of a third party infinitely more powerful than Venkys. Up to this point they've been free to do as they please with nobody able to do a damn thing about it. Get the authorities and Courts involved and things get interesting. 

It took Court action to bring the Oystons down and get them out of Blackpool, and it might take the same to get rid of the poison here.

As long as the investigations and restrictions continue I'll hold out hope that it is leading towards findings or an end point. The worry is that the investigation goes nowhere and the restrictions are released, then we are back to square one. 

Personally I hope they are found guilty of some very serious stuff, and it ultimately brings their entire empire crashing down.

The question is where the club will be and how irreversible the damage is at that point.

7 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I don't think it will be as catastrophic financially as last time we got relegated. We've banked £22m from Wharton and have around £4m coming from Raya. We had zero assets to sell last time we went down but we have Szmodics and Carter we can sell for decent money this time around too so we'll be OK financially. Plus there's a new TV deal which means lge 1 clubs will get 25% more than they do now and the players will have clauses to slash their wages.

What is does mean is that player sales will cover any losses very easily, but how do we then replace the small amount of quality players we do have whilst also adding quality in other areas of the squad that desperately need replenishing.

Looking at the clubs in league 1, it's a very poor league that we'd do well in. The likes of Garret, Leonard, Gilsenan would do very well in lge 1. But a club like ours should not be anywhere near that league. Thank you Venkys.

League 1 is full of Garretts, Leonards etc league 1 clubs do have their own young players you know.

If you think what's left of this squad will do well i'd suggest you need a rethink our wallflowers will get kicked from pillar to post.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I don't think it will be as catastrophic financially as last time we got relegated. We've banked £22m from Wharton and have around £4m coming from Raya. We had zero assets to sell last time we went down but we have Szmodics and Carter we can sell for decent money this time around too so we'll be OK financially. Plus there's a new TV deal which means lge 1 clubs will get 25% more than they do now and the players will have clauses to slash their wages.

What is does mean is that player sales will cover any losses very easily, but how do we then replace the small amount of quality players we do have whilst also adding quality in other areas of the squad that desperately need replenishing.

Looking at the clubs in league 1, it's a very poor league that we'd do well in. The likes of Garret, Leonard, Gilsenan would do very well in lge 1. But a club like ours should not be anywhere near that league. Thank you Venkys.

If we go down, we will not finish in the top half. 

I think is a lot more likely that we will end up in the fourth tier than bouncing back and we will still have a lunatic fringe defending the owners. Where would we be without them? 

• Like 1

On 11/03/2024 at 03:02, lraC said:

I think is a lot more likely that we will end up in the fourth tier than bouncing back and we will still have a lunatic fringe defending the owners. Where would we be without them? 

I'm not sure League 1 is that strong tbh. Unless a promoted side has money to invest they seem to find it hard to step up - Rotherham, Plymouth, Peterborough as recent examples. Difference last time we went down is we probably had a squad better equipped for that level than the current squad (the likes of Graham, Bennett, etc and added Dack who was proven at that level).

What concerns me is, as you suggest I think, that the situation with the owners is different now. Last time they funded the club to make that quick return. This time feels like cost-cutting will be the only path and, as the squad is already weak, a quick return seems unlikely.

On 11/03/2024 at 03:02, lraC said:

if relegation happens then we`de better some men to play in league 1,go into it with our current regime of signing young lads and tiny players,we`ll get bullied off the park from day 1  and likely end up in the basement,it`s very possible to me that without a coherent plan,we`ll go down quicker than a cheap prossie