BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The BRFCS Player of the Season supported by We Are The Rovers

In what was perhaps a foregone conclusion, from quite a few weeks ago, it is no surprise to confirm that the BRFCS Player Of The Season for 2023/24 is Sammie Szmodics.

Our congratulations & of course gratitude goes to Sammie for his sterling efforts, in what has been a troubled season. His effort, application and output has kept Rovers in the Championship.

Congratulations Sam from all of us here at BRFCS.com.

• Like 6

The final scores on the doors from all the votes collected across the season look like this...

A fabulous first season impact from Sondre Tronstad and in his cameo since January, Kyle McFadzean has proved to be a valuable contributor to the cause. 

Best of the loanees was James Hill - remember him? - and much-maligned keeper, Aynsley Pears finished in the top ten. 

BRFCS POTM 23-24 20240507.pdf

Slide1.png

• Like 3

No, I do not remember James Hill 🙂

What score do people consider the "baseline" ie, you don't pull up any trees, but don't do anything wrong? When I vote i always go for the 5, it's interesting that no-one scores lower than that but perhaps given our season it suggests other people have a higher score that they give for "just doing your job" as a baseline?

• Backroom

Interesting that Adam is only 5th.

Surprised Gallagher is so high. Altho I suppose he did have a couple MOTM performances that drags the average up.

Telalovic stands out a mile. I had such high hopes. 

Poor old John Fleck. Seems rough he even appears there. What a shambles. 

20 hours ago, J*B said:

I’ve always assumed the baseline was 6!

I'd always gone on the fact it's out of 10, so the average is 5, therefore an average performance gi8ves you a 5/10. I'm not sure there a right answer, the baseline score is whatever the person voting thinks it is 🙂

Overall I think those scores represent a team that has been at best bang average all season, I'm surprised by Gallagher's score too but that's why we created the poll, so that everyone gets to have their say.

I'm not going to lie, I did give Pears a joke 10/10 after the Wednesday game. That might have skewed the results a bit.

Obviously it was always going to be Sammie Szmodics at number one. I can't remember a season where we literally only had one player doing anything of substance for us.

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I wonder why we did'nt recall him, when we were in free fall heading for the relegation zone.

You can’t recall outside of the window to stop people ripping other peoples squad apart and them not being able to replace.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 09/05/2024 at 05:44, Upside Down said:

I'm not going to lie, I did give Pears a joke 10/10 after the Wednesday game. That might have skewed the results a bit.

Obviously it was always going to be Sammie Szmodics at number one. I can't remember a season where we literally only had one player doing anything of substance for us.

Pears has pulled off one or two world class saves last season, we can forgive him for the sheff wednesday clanger.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

On 07/05/2024 at 15:00, Silas said:

Interesting that Adam is only 5th.

Surprised Gallagher is so high. Altho I suppose he did have a couple MOTM performances that drags the average up.

Telalovic stands out a mile. I had such high hopes. 

Poor old John Fleck. Seems rough he even appears there. What a shambles. 

He gives 100% workrate wise, but he does'nt do his job putting the ball in the net on a regular basis, which was the reason we were dragged into a relegation battle.