BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Board Meetup for Celtic Match - bhoys in ?town

northernsoul

The police in blackburn always overreact to things such as this.  It is true they have delivered letters to every landlord in the area, telling them to ensure their cctv is working and they have new tapes in.

Like Glasgow, you are not supposed to drink on the streets.  What you need to do is to get a few take outs from Morrisons and join the "bouley boys" on the bus station

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The filth have been telling the pubs not to open or they won't be available in the event of trouble.

My uncle wasn't happy at all after his visit from the filth,especially when he asked if they would pay his wages if he couldn't serve and they told him to fook orf.

At the risk of bringing you down to earth, and invoking my immediate ban from this site, ten yellow cards a messenger from every mod- I will not levy a personal insult at you.

However, less of this 'filth' business. I have friends and relatives who work at Northgate and find it offensive.

If your uncle is a publican and your relationship with the licencing authorities consists of language like that, I would venture it is a down market establishment.

So some of your friends and relatives maybe the 'sun hill' clones then.

PS i find scousers offensive so that makes us even.

Oh dear, you're not a happy bunny are you?

You should learn to take it easy.

Blues Bar is open - However Alcohol will not be served in the concourse bars - ie the ones in the stands

Have we decided what establishment we are going to? Will i be crucified if i suggest the Blues Bar as a fail safe one to go to?

I don't think the pubs are generally closed though I've read some have decided to close.

For the Lancashire police info go here and here

You'll need Acrobat or similar to read the second link. From what I gather locally the LET have been using the story of a few closures to create a headline......but don't take it as gospel 'cos I can't remember the last time I used a towncentre pub. :)

Looks as though they're trying to keep everyone in one place and keep an eye on them. If coaches are travelling down full of supporters with no tickets, and all coaches are to be parked at the Darwen End, this means all the ticketless fans will have to make their way to the ground for the end of the match. Does this mean all the pubs round Ewood that are open will be full of Celtic fans watching the game? I really do not understand people travelling without tickets. All the touting will have been done already in Glasgow.

Looks as though they're trying to keep everyone in one place and keep an eye on them. If coaches are travelling down full of supporters with no tickets, and all coaches are to be parked at the Darwen End, this means all the ticketless fans will have to make their way to the ground for the end of the match. Does this mean all the pubs round Ewood that are open will be full of Celtic fans watching the game? I really do not understand people travelling without tickets. All the touting will have been done already in Glasgow.

With you being a Blackburn Rovers supporter I’m sure that has something to do with you not understanding why people travel without tickets. It’s not something we ever have a problem with, I only wish we did.

7500 Celtic fans are coming to Blackburn and most will arrive by 11am if reports are to be believed. Ticketless fans with a PASSION for football and the club will just come and enjoy a day on the ale with fellow supporters, sing a few songs and have a real party despite not having a ticket. If the roles were reversed I’d certainly travel in the opposite direction to just enjoy seeing my supporters take over a town or city for the day even if I had no ticket.

Wouldn't you?

The coaches referred to in the Lancs Police leaflet are the 150 coaches carrying the majority of fans with official away tickets - these particular coaches will not be carrying ticketless Celtic fans.

Goodness knows where the unofficial coaches / fans will end up ...

Beat me to it Gav.

I would definately have been in Glasgow even if I had not got a ticket.  Having been to Sofia I reckon I would go somewhere similar without a ticket also - the game was just one small part of a fantastic 3 or 4 days.

The Celtic fans are going to have a great day tomorrow - and best of luck to them.  Let's make their visit an enjoyable one - and hopefully they will go back to Scotland raving about Rovers' hospitality and the atmosphere than we can generate on a ground half the size of theirs.

I for one would have no objections to Celtic fans adopting us as their team south of the border and every now and then a coachload turn out at Ewood - one way of filling the empty seats!!

See you tomorrow - some where, some time.

PS  Hope Tris has calmed down after his "Rubbish, Rubbish, Rubbish" post - I have to spend 8-10 hours in a car with him!!

So does anybody know if/what pubs are going to be closed?

Are us ROVERS fans going to have to drink out of town while the Celtic Fans receive all the hospitality and get their own Marquee/Pubs etc?

There where no problems in Glasgow so why all the fuss - in fact quite enjoyed drinking with the Celtic Fans

Beat me to it Gav.

I would definately have been in Glasgow even if I had not got a ticket.  Having been to Sofia I reckon I would go somewhere similar without a ticket also - the game was just one small part of a fantastic 3 or 4 days.

The Celtic fans are going to have a great day tomorrow - and best of luck to them.  Let's make their visit an enjoyable one - and hopefully they will go back to Scotland raving about Rovers' hospitality and the atmosphere than we can generate on a ground half the size of theirs.

I for one would have no objections to Celtic fans adopting us as their team south of the border and every now and then a coachload turn out at Ewood - one way of filling the empty seats!!

See you tomorrow - some where, some time.

PS  Hope Tris has calmed down after his "Rubbish, Rubbish, Rubbish" post - I have to spend 8-10 hours in a car with him!!

There were 1400 liverpool fans with tickets at Basle, I can imagine that there were more than twice that actually there. - Its because the European occasion is something that we dont experience that often. - I would do the sofia / lyon experience again irregardless of if I had a ticket or not, but would hope that somehow I would manage to pick one up whilst over there.

CK - Unfortunately our local plod don't seem to have the same resources or knowledge of how to handle a large scale occasion such as this as the celtic fans, and take the easy way out.

Guest grahamhowarth

It's called lack of imagination and also an authoritarion mentality.It's like word association with the police-people drink alcohol-people who have drunk alcohol are sometimes arrested --therefore people who drink alcohol always cause trouble-football fans drink alcohol.Answer close the pubs and corral the people somewhere they can't drink.That is the mentality of these people,that is why they are also against pubs opening 24 hours a day,i feel ashamed when abroad when people ask about our licensing laws and lack of tolerance and personal freedom.There is nothing you can say in defence.

Edited by Paul 18.31

Would you like some vinegar to go with those chips on your shoulder.

I might be in the minority, but i have never had any problems with the police even when ive been steaming at football matches - however a lot of trouble at football matches can be linked to alcohol - although the nobs that start it dont need encouragement just other people get sucked in.

Would you like some vinegar to go with those chips on your shoulder.

I might be in the minority, but i have never had any problems with the police even when ive been steaming at football matches - however a lot of trouble at football matches can be linked to alcohol - although the nobs that start it dont need encouragement just other people get sucked in.

My thoughts exactly my little flopsicle.

Plod, busy's or whatever, acceptable I suppose. But 'filth' ?

That one is usually from someone who has been arrested previously, for being in posession of an offensive attitude.

You've met the kind haven't you ? Always the little git who has to shout louder than everyone else to get noticed.

Don't know about the pubs but I do know The Precinct is being closed at 5.00pm - not much new there :D . I think the area is being closed off.

Perhaps we should invite the Celtic fans to demolish the precinct - it could only end up being an improvement!

As for the cops ; well it's a pity they can't put as much effort into an imaginative method of policing fellow adults other than closing half the pubs down. After all they can be very ingenious when it comes to  chasing motorists !

As someone implied earlier - and was the case back in the 70's - ; if you treat people like animals , they'll act accordingly.

Let's hope the rumours are wrong and the Scot fans are welcomed as guests by all.

meeting all you guys sounds like a good plan...unfortunately i have peter kay tickets for the same night...and i've had them since july, so i ain't giving them up...if only the first leg was at home...darn those people at uefa!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.