BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

We should play De Pedro on the left, MGP as his understudy. In the new FM Gold demo this works a treat. De P is a god in it. Hughes knows nothing. I should be in charge.

Are you forgetting that 'FM' is F-I-C-T-I-O-N-A-L?? wink.gif

Whoooooooooooooosh

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that we should be playing Pedersen but is this last season all over again? Souness was absolutely blasted for playing an unbalanced team and players out of position and it played a large role in our dismal season. We need to play somebody better suited to the left and keep one of our star players so far this season in his prefered position.

WHY DOES HUGHES PUT MGP ON THE BENCH IF HE REFUSES TO PLAY HIM?

Someone please explain this to me because it is pissing me off.

You're right, we should put out 11 players in the squad every week, subsitutes really are a stupid idea. In fact, I'll get onto the contracters to have the bench removed from the dugout.

You're right, we should put out 11 players in the squad every week, subsitutes really are a stupid idea. In fact, I'll get onto the contracters to have the bench removed from the dugout.

The way we're playing right now, we cut put the whole damn squad out there (with 3 keepers) and we'd still get our rear ends handed to us.

Because Emerton is doing an excellent job on the left, and Reid is a world beater on the right.

The amount of crosses from our wingers today was fantastic!

cuidado, you're an idiot. Please go away.

You obviously can give no reason for Hughes' blanking Pedersen, so you come out with rubbish.

The current situation is totally baffling. Although in recent games the left winger who started the game, Jansen and Emerton, have not had good games, Hughes has still refused to bring on MGP.

Now if MGP was horrifically bad in training, he wouldn't be on the bench.

Which is why I come back to my original question. I suppose only Hughes can answer it - that's if there is a rational answer.

The Pro MGP posse (ie every Norwegian who visits the site) are starting to do my head in now. Mark Hughes is spending 5-6 days a week with the lad, if he doesn't think he's ready I'll take his wod for it rather than a few biased fans who watch him on the TV. Yes he's Norwegian, and I understand your loyalty but don't slate Hughes, he looked completely out of his depth when he did play.

GROW UP rover6! Have you thought that perhaps he isn't "blanking," him or victimising him, MAYBE Pedersen is in the same position as the rest opf the team and has shown no reason why he deserves a starting place.

Johansson played a game for us this season and we have a poor defense but hasn't started since...

VICTIMISATION!!! Hughes is a disgrace!

What these magical sub performances are supposed to do to our victim, I do not know.

Edited by tcj_jones

MAYBE Pedersen is in the same position as the rest opf the team and has shown no reason why he deserves a starting place.

Then at least give him sub appearances so that he can prove his worth to the club. Jon Stead has been poor this season, that hasn't stopped Hughes from using him regularly.

I just think it's unfair to a young lad who's moved from a different country and is eager to impress the fans after a couple of dubious displays, yet he is being denied that chance.

And why? Is Emerton playing well as a left winger?

I wasn't argueing about whether Emerton was playing well, and truth be told I havent seen a rovers match in a few weeks, but what I was argueing was your immature accusation that Hughes was "blanking," MGP.

Perhaps Emerton has shown more to Hughes than MGP as to why he should play in that position, but in any case, that's not what I am argueing.

In answer to the piece you have quoted, MGP has shown nothing to say he is warranting of a first team place. Although I understand your frustration at a young player not getting the chance to play, I just do not think we can accomodate him.

Before I say anything more I just want to reiterate that it's my opinion that either Djorkaeff, De Pdero or Jansen should play on the left as Pedersen looks too light weight for the division as it stands, though he is a very promising player.

Finally, I agree Emerton on the left is a real mistake, upsetting the balance of the team and immediatly limits one of our best players, one of two or three that can actually make a difference at the moment.

Edited by tcj_jones

cuidado, you're an idiot. Please go away.

You obviously can give no reason for Hughes' blanking Pedersen, so you come out with rubbish.

The current situation is totally baffling. Although in recent games the left winger who started the game, Jansen and Emerton, have not had good games, Hughes has still refused to bring on MGP.

Now if MGP was horrifically bad in training, he wouldn't be on the bench.

Which is why I come back to my original question. I suppose only Hughes can answer it - that's if there is a rational answer.

Pots and kettles you little tosser, you've talked nothing but rubbish since you signed up for this site.

If Pedersen was being 'blanked' he wouldn't be on the bench in the first place. So he hasn't come on as a sub in the last few games. So what? What the hell difference could he have possibly made today? If Emerton and Reid are doing better than Pedersen in training and Hughes thinks they can play in the same team as each other (whether or not they can is a different question) then why the hell should he pick Morten?

cuidado has not made a sinlge post not regarding MGP since he joined the site. He is not a Blackburn fan, he is a Pedersen fan. If I hear a non-Rovers fan insulting my team's manager (calling him a "disgrace" in fact) because he hasn't been picking his favourite player then I'm going to retaliate. The other Norwegain members drawn here by MGP, and the Ozzies and Americans drawn here by players from their national team contribute to other discussions, they learn about the club - they become fans. cuidado has done none of this.

Your constant whinings about why the manager (Souness or Hughes) isn't picking the exact team you want (and your subsequent 'explanations' as to why you apparently know much more about tactics) are both irritating and very, very immature.

[end rant]

Edited by Radagast

Your constant whinings about why the manager (Souness or Hughes) isn't picking the exact team you want (and your subsequent 'explanations' as to why you apparently know much more about tactics) are both irritating and very, very immature.

And your sitting on the fence and contriving ridiculous explanations for perplexing managerial decisions is very, very stupid. You may have the notion that Hughes is beyond criticism and questioning - but some may not.

If you really have no good explanation for Hughes not playing MGP, please just don't comment when we who think he should play debate it.

This is a forum for debate. (If you hadn't noticed). We are debating why Hughes is not playing a new, expensive signing who is an international and plays in a position that we are not blessed in. If that annoys you, maybe you shouldn't be reading this thread.

Edited by rover6

Oh dear, handbags at ten paces anyone? To MGP or not to MGP, that is the question. I would sooner see Jemal in there to be honest, he seems to be doing the stuff for the reserves. Maybe I should found a useless society to lobby for his inclusion in the team.

Sitting on the fence my arse (Freudian slip or something?), neither Pedersen or Reid have done anything to impress me as a Ropvers player. I'm willing to let Mark Hughes, with the benefit of 20 years experience in the game and the benefit of seeing both of them in traing every week pick between the two without complaining.

As usual, you've glossed over any criticism made of your views by throwing across some pointless "the manager isn't above criticism you sheep blah blah :zzz:" comments.

"Blanking" indeed.

Last season we were crying out for a left footed midfielder, now we have two De Pedro and Pedersen yet we still go down the same route as last season. Totally baffles me !!!

If these two arent up to the job they never will be. The only way for them to get Premier league (english experience) is to play one of them with Emerton on the right. Things surely couldnt be any worse than they are now.

First of all I want to thank rover6 for some good posts today on this thread. There haven't been many of them. Let's try and keep to the subject and not come with personal atacks on others.

As a Norwegian I am a big fan of Pedersen, but I am also a rovers fan. Have been for 10 years. My subjectiv view as an Norwegian and rovers fan is that Pedersen decerves a chance to show what he is good for. He had a great game for Norway last week so his form must have improved. He is maybe not good enough for the starting line-up, but he should have gotten 15-20 min today. I can't see that the others have shown much more to deserve to play every game. If Hughes doesn't think he is good enough for the team as a sub than let him play in the reserves til he has proven that he should be in the first team. At the moment he doesn't play at all.

I am Norwegian, but I wouldn't say that I was a member of the group you refer to, Ricky.. However, I find it odd that when 4-0 down, we put on NISSA for Michael Gray, instead of Gamst, who as most of you have said the last weeks, need more time and obviously a few matches!

All I want is to see Rovers do well, even though Emerton and Reid wasn't the main problem today, I don't see why he doesn't just give Gamst a few minutes, just to let him get used to it some more. He doesn't play for the Reserves either, so Hughes obviously thinks he's one of those who are fighting to get in our XI at the moment.

There is a Reserves match coming up on Wednesday against Manchester United Reserves. As they usually field a strong team this will be a good chance for players like Pedersen to have a game against a decent opposition.

Ok, I've cooled down and having mentioned the 'MGP issue' to a friend, they came up with a rare moment of insight by suggesting that Hughes may be trying to avoid some kind of appearance fee that would be owed to Tromso if Pedersen plays a certain amount of games.

It still seems a bit strange because if the club were that desperate to avoid an extra payment, they wouldn't have Pedersen named as a sub. However, perhaps the clause expires by January or something ridiculous.

Yes, it's 'contrived but it seems more likely than any other reason.