BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

Perhaps after playing virtually an entire season in Norway he is simply tired, and cannot keep up with the faster league he finds himself in now and just needs a break and time to adjust?

Shock horror, a piece of logical reasoning.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Hughes isn't playing MGP because we never intend to pay those appearance fees.

Finally we have the answer. How naive we've all been!

I agree with every single word that Ricky and Rad have said.

Appearance fee,ludicrous.Im sure there is a fee,but that cant be the reason.The clubs well-being on the pitch is more important!Why name him on the bench?Just name Jansen then.

Its weird,he drops Jansen from the squad for MGP presumably,but then the guy hasnt had a minute of play since scoring against Bournemouth.

Ok, I've cooled down and having mentioned the 'MGP issue' to a friend, they came up with a rare moment of insight by suggesting that Hughes may be trying to avoid some kind of appearance fee that would be owed to Tromso if Pedersen plays a certain amount of games.

It still seems a bit strange because if the club were that desperate to avoid an extra payment, they wouldn't have Pedersen named as a sub. However, perhaps the clause expires by January or something ridiculous.

Yes, it's 'contrived but it seems more likely than any other reason.

More utter garbage. Pedersen hasn't been good enough - that's why he doesn't start.

It's almost impossible to respond to one of your posts without making a personal attack as they're all so pathetically stupid. You simply haven't a clue and continually post "controversial" rubbish to gain attention. And I guess I've just fallen for it. Well done.

Ok, I've cooled down and having mentioned the 'MGP issue' to a friend, they came up with a rare moment of insight by suggesting that Hughes may be trying to avoid some kind of appearance fee that would be owed to Tromso if Pedersen plays a certain amount of games.

It still seems a bit strange because if the club were that desperate to avoid an extra payment, they wouldn't have Pedersen named as a sub. However, perhaps the clause expires by January or something ridiculous.

More utter garbage. Pedersen hasn't been good enough - that's why he doesn't start.

It's almost impossible to respond to one of your posts without making a personal attack as they're all so pathetically stupid. You simply haven't a clue and continually post "controversial" rubbish to gain attention. And I guess I've just fallen for it. Well done.

I dissagree, I think rover6 just states his opinion and his opinion happens to be full of facts. Gamst-Pedersen must be played. He is a left-midfielder who is highly rated, the likes of Ferguson, Matteo, Neill have plenty of consistently bad performances yet still get in the side, so we might as well balance the side and play MGP and give him a proper chance at least.

You haven't been on the board long enough to realise that sometimes Rover6 makes some very good points, but more often than not he posts some complete garbage like a conspiracy theory for why somebody hasn't been played, as above.

Edited by tcj_jones

I dissagree, I think rover6 just states his opinion and his opinion happens to be full of facts. Gamst-Pedersen must be played. He is a left-midfielder who is highly rated, the likes of Ferguson, Matteo, Neill have plenty of consistently bad performances yet still get in the side, so we might as well balance the side and play MGP and give him a proper chance at least.

What the hell, Ferguson consistently bad? No wonder your jumping to the defense of other moronic posts.

Matteo has been garbage. Neill has been garbage. Stead has mostly been garbage. Emerton has been garbage on the left wing. Flitcroft and Tugay have been worse than garbage. Amoruso.... get the point?

These guys are still getting games. There is a peculiar reason why MGP isn't playing - and I don't think the fans know the truth behind it. That's my opinion - if you don't like it, go and cry into your keyboard. I'm not saying you have to agree.

Edited by rover6

There is a peculiar reason why MGP isn't playing - and I don't think the fans know the truth behind it.

The club is financially up the creek without a paddle and cannot afford to put his name on his shirt.

The truth was out there but I just enticed it in with a bit of tuna on saucer.

What the hell, Ferguson consistently bad? No wonder your jumping to the defense of other moronic posts.

So you are saying Ferguson has set Ewood alight with his midfield dominance? The guy has majorly under-performed and only shown a few glimmers now and again in the odd-match. Although I do still rate him and believe if Sparky can sort the side out he could be a vital cog.

First of all I want to thank rover6 for some good posts today on this thread. There haven't been many of them. Let's try and keep to the subject and not come with personal atacks on others.

As a Norwegian I am a big fan of Pedersen, but I am also a rovers fan. Have been for 10 years. My subjectiv view as an Norwegian and rovers fan is that Pedersen decerves a chance to show what he is good for. He had a great game for Norway last week so his form must have improved. He is maybe not good enough for the starting line-up, but he should have gotten 15-20 min today. I can't see that the others have shown much more to deserve to play every game. If Hughes doesn't think he is good enough for the team as a sub than let him play in the reserves til he has proven that he should be in the first team. At the moment he doesn't play at all.

I'm sorry, but to bring him on at 4-0 down when we're getting a panning would do nothing for him.

Personally I'd put de Pedro on the bench and Pedersen in the reserves for a few games. De Pedro seems to be coming to in the second string while Pedersen needs games to prove whether he's good bad or indifferent and IMO these games should be in the reserves.

There's so much rubbish on here (now there's a change;) ) , but IMO people are right to ask Hughes some questions.

Some of the reasons why I amongst other are getting annoyed are:

* MGP has been very, very good in training over the last two weeks and he is working really hard to impress. He has several times been told by Mark Bowen that he is "very close" to making an apperance, but he keeps being neglected. He would understand Hughes not playing MGP if he'd done poorly in training, but the guy has been on fire!

* We play Brett, one out of three players that has shown some consistent quality this season, on the left and the donkey Reid on the right. Emerton has been poor after this change was made.

* We keep losing, conceding, not creating chances, and generally playing ###### poorly. Still, we put on a defender after 70 minutes when we're 3 down. The only reason why we would do that would be to have a look at the useless swede (hughes should know by now that he is swedish = useless biggrin.gif )

We have players like MGP and Gally who would give anything for a run in the team. I would be overjoyed to see Gally and MGP getting a chance soon, and I'd put a 25%+ fit Andy Todd next to Craig Short. I would play Douglas (yes, he's completely skill-less, but he can defend) alongside Barry, and put Reid back on the bench. Alternatively, if Gray keeps peforming like he's done this season I would even be tempted to give Gresko another go!

Hughes, changes need to be made for the LFC game!

Thank you, Bjarte. Ive been trying to say the same thing for two months now. Also rover6 has some good points, especially when people complain that Morten hasn't been good, and that "he's had his chance". Neill, Matteo, Amoruso, Tugay, Flitcroft, Djorkaeff, Dickov, Gray and Stead still get their chances, dont they?

The thing is, we are in the relegation zone, and everybody thinks the problems are 100% at the back. Sure, maybe something like 60-70% of the problems are there, but realisticly speaking, do you see us banging in all those goals when we tighten up our defence? I mean, yes, we did play one of the worlds best and wealthiest clubs last match, but in 90 minutes you would have to think Reid could dribble at least one man, or at least get one cross in? I wont blame Emerton for this, because he's actally been brilliant fown the RIGHT wing, and playing Brett out of position is just plain stupid.

Morten has been amazing in some trainings (at least my sources tell me), and also Bjarte's sources. Morten has been amazing in Norway trainings, scoring 6-7 goals in some sessions as a winger, and outplaying players like Riise and Lundekvam, norwegian papers said he made them look like little school girls. Last intl match he also scored one, set up one, worked hard and played good.

WHY DOES HE NOT GET THE CHANCE?

I dissagree, I think rover6 just states his opinion and his opinion happens to be full of facts.

Full of facts!!! What facts are they then?

It's purely his/her opinion and it's always crap.

Now that is the most factual post I`ve read this year.

Scotty, I salute you.

Before we play him Tony Diamond, he needs to adjust to the pace of the English game. Then the ' next Beckham ' speech by Souness might be more realistic. Though I hope he isn't the new Beckham for many reasons.............

I'm starting to move to the "the rest of the team is crap, he can't hurt" school of thought. Wouldn't hurt to give him a full match against Liverpool. Look at our other options on the left. I'd rather see Emerton back on the right, where he should be.

Then again, for those who say he's lighting up our practices, he is going against a first division defense!!