BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] i phone 6

• Moderation Lead

Keep us posted on what its like Khod, my contract is up in a couple of months. Might go that route myself.

I'm just going to hope they're not taking the mick re upfront/monthly costs in the shops. I'm with 'EE', so will go to that shop first, then Carphone Warehouse to see what they're saying.

Then ultimately, if it's still a bit daft, a lad I went to school with manages the Carphone Warehouse by the Ice Rink, so hopefully he may be able to do me a deal! :tu:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My work iPhone 5 is suffering these days. Battery is rubbish. I'm thinking I might get a Moto, my lad has one and it seems very good.

Can't see anything I can do on an iPhone that doesn't work on Android - apart from Outlook syncing.

Never thought I'd day that!!

• Backroom

My work iPhone 5 is suffering these days. Battery is rubbish. I'm thinking I might get a Moto, my lad has one and it seems very good.

Can't see anything I can do on an iPhone that doesn't work on Android - apart from Outlook syncing.

Be sure to convert!

Also, free music simply by downloading youtube vids via mp3 clip converter (I don't like Spotify)

And more and more apps are free on Android (and I've found some to actually be better quality and glitch-free if we're talking games).

• Moderation Lead

My only gripe with Android is the betting apps don't seem to be as good, i.e. with Coral I've had to open that in the browser before, but I haven't had a flutter in a bit so it may now be improved!

Flexibility and that is all bang on. I don't really do games so much, got a ps4 for that!

I've forgotten what your issue with outlook syncing was. What was it again?

• Backroom

I'm on a 5s which is up for renewal, it's the safe option so will go for it.

Within a day though it will just be another iPhone, still they are great for what they are when you think about it

I'm on a 5s which is up for renewal, it's the safe option so will go for it.

Within a day though it will just be another iPhone, still they are great for what they are when you think about it

it's just what you are used to I suppose, if you've worked your way through the Samsungs you wouldn't envisage owning anything else. I've had them all over the years and got my first iPhone (5) in 2012, never looked back.

I like the feel, the build quality, the free updates, so easy to use and despite just an 8meg camera the best photos I've ever seen.

Recently bought a lady friend of mine a Samsung A5, lovely bit of kit (not the usually plasticky chassis) and she was thrilled to bits, not for me though. ;)

I've forgotten what your issue with outlook syncing was. What was it again?

I use a standalone version of Outlook, that is we do not have a server. Some Outlook features appear to only work via MS Server - out of office reply being one and I think sync with Android another.

With iPhone, via iTunes, I can sync perfectly my phone with Outlook for Contacts, Calendar and Notes. With iPhone only one entry per item is made in Outlook and on the iPhone - this is important to note.

This is my experience so it could be operator error. I last tried about 12 months ago using a Nexus 7, 2nd generation.

There are various ways to "sync" Outlook with Android, that is Google Cakendar and Contacts, but the result is very different from above as at least duplicate and sometimes multiple entries occur. Syncing with Android isn't a true sync as, IME, Android creates a second calendar in Outlook and on the iPhone (nothing wrong with that). This can result in double entries, especially if the event times don't match exactly. In iPhone Calendar event times are in 5 minute blocks and Outlook its 15. So an event at say, 19.20, doesn't quite sync. Android would make to events but iPhone somehow copes with it.

Best way to visualise it is imagine two plastic sheets with events written on them. Android lays one on top of the other so two sheets look like one. With iPhone there is only one sheet with everything on it.

I can't remember exactly but there was an issue with syncing contacts as well.

• Moderation Lead

EE are taking the proverbial with their pricing, £249.99 up front cost then £41.99 a month :blink:.

Feck that. (I currently pay £37 pm)
I got a bit more sense out of Carphone Warehouse, offering me the same £41.99 a month but with Vodafone, taking my phone as trade in, negating the need for an up front cost.

Might go to see my mate who runs the Blackburn one on Monday, to strike a deal. :tu:

EE are taking the proverbial with their pricing, £249.99 up front cost then £41.99 a month :blink:.

Feck that. (I currently pay £37 pm)

I got a bit more sense out of Carphone Warehouse, offering me the same £41.99 a month but with Vodafone, taking my phone as trade in, negating the need for an up front cost.

Might go to see my mate who runs the Blackburn one on Monday, to strike a deal. :tu:

I'm with EE and you're right, they do take the mick !

• Moderation Lead

With carphone warehouse they were offering £30 up front cost on 02, then £41.99 a month. Probably as good as it will get!

I'll ask EE if they'll match that, if not, I'll go with 02.

• Moderation Lead

EE went one better, £9.99 up front cost, added to my first bill! Amazing what happens when you ring up and open the call with 'What do I need to do to cancel?' :D

Arriving next Friday, just before I go away for the weekend. (Before this Barclays will be getting a phone call with my new imei number!!)

EE are notorious for not coming to the negotiation table until the very last minute.

They will eventually match whatever you get offered elsewhere once you ask for PAC codes, but its a commercial risk that they don't want to get into a bidding war and drive the price even lower.

I use an iPhone 5S and read the mobile version of the MB and have just "upgraded" to IOS9.

On the top bar which says BRFC Forums in the middle there is a button top right with four white squares and a button to the left which says various things, for example, Football, Home or Chat Forums depending on where one is in the site. Since the upgrade this left hand button doesn't work.

Once in a sub forum, Football, ICBINF, etc. we see a Next button top right. This no longer works neither within the sub forum to move to the next page of topics nor inside a topic to move to the next page of posts.

Once inside a topic the Previous button works once to move back one page but only once!!

It seems to be intermittent and functions correctly occasionally for a very short period and then fails again after 2/3 successful clicks

Anyone else got the.same problem?

Archived