SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is that Birmingham stuck Savage in the reserves at the beginning of the transfer window, not the end and Blackburn clearly had the finances to make a substantial bid for Savage whereas Murray at Rangers does not appear willing to flash his cash.

Personally, I would offer Ferguson to Rangers for 4.5million with no negotiation, if they cannot raise the funds, then we play him. It's not what I would like to see - if he does not want to play for the club, I would rather have a player in his position that does. Thankfully we are very strong in midfield.

Well according to the bbc he's not even in the squad

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Enckelman, Todd, Johansson, Emerton, Thompson, Stead, Neill, Matteo, Savage, Pedersen, Gallagher, Nelsen, Johnson, Amoruso, Mokoena, Douglas, McEveley, Bothroyd, Gray.

The fa premier league site still have him out with a groin injury.

rover.gif souness overpiad for fergie-fact

sparky will have a price in mind for him-fact

rangers will have too match it -fact

we paid the ungratefull git for 6 months when he was injured- fact

let him rot if rangers cannot meet sparky's price-?????? tinykit.gif

So now you acknowledge that the numbers you mentioned earlier do in fact lose Rovers a significant amount of money?

You appeared to state it didnt earlier.  Repeatedly, and with some attitude.

I've just gone back and read Dado_Prso's posts and he did not say Rangers would pay the same amount of money as Rovers did in the first place. All he said was that Rangers should pay £4.4m for him of which £2.1m was the outstanding debt. He never implied we would not be making a loss.

When he mentioned a 'similar deal' to the one Rovers arranged to buy Ferguson he was talking about putting in extra clauses for Rangers qualifying for the champions league such as 0.5m for every appearance.

It's not often we get well reasoned away fans on the board, especially ones that stick around. Sometimes I understand why.

sad.gif

rover.gif souness overpiad for fergie-fact

sparky will have a price in mind for him-fact

rangers will have too match it -fact

we paid the ungratefull git for 6 months when he was injured- fact

let him rot if rangers cannot meet sparky's price-?????? tinykit.gif

Letting him rot doesn't benefit us though as we'll still have to pay him for no return. No club can afford to do this with the salaries players earn these days, especially not us. If we were to do that we might as well sell for what we can get to clear the wage bill even if its only the £3m. Rangers would know this and would just hold on until we eventually offloaded.

However playing him in the first team, whether he's booed or not, shows that he is going to be utilised whilst we're paying his wages and if Rangers want him they have to cough up Hughes' value.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather he didn't play for us but if it pockets us and extra £1m play him. The only problem with this logic would be that any widepread booing would probably lead to Hughes' hand being forced into not picking him.

Edited by Hasta

So now you acknowledge that the numbers you mentioned earlier do in fact lose Rovers a significant amount of money?

I've just gone back and read Dado_Prso's posts and he did not say Rangers would pay the same amount of money as Rovers did in the first place. All he said was that Rangers should pay £4.4m for him of which £2.1m was the outstanding debt. He never implied we would not be making a loss.

When he mentioned a 'similar deal' to the one Rovers arranged to buy Ferguson he was talking about putting in extra clauses for Rangers qualifying for the champions league such as 0.5m for every appearance.

It's not often we get well reasoned away fans on the board, especially ones that stick around. Sometimes I understand why.

sad.gif

a number of posters, including myself, thought that he did.

And comments like "how difficult is this" dont help to make a point.

I like it when sensible and reasoned other fans come on here.

Others dont.

Letting him rot doesn't benefit us though as we'll still have to pay him for no return. No club can afford to do this with the salaries players earn these days, especially not us. If we were to do that we might as well sell for what we can get to clear the wage bill even if its only the £3m. Rangers would know this and would just hold on until we eventually offloaded.

However playing him in the first team, whether he's booed or not, shows that he is going to be utilised whilst we're paying his wages and if Rangers want him they have to cough up Hughes' value.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather he didn't play for us but if it pockets us and extra £1m play him. The only problem with this logic would be that any widepread booing would probably lead to Hughes' hand being forced into not picking him.

rover.gif if fergie comes out to play for us again without retracting his transfer request he will be BOOED.

i am not one bit bothered about the price we get for him,he is a souness buy,we have let many off them go for next to nothing,this situation is not our fault/hughes fault.

remenber all that bullshit he came out with saying his family were being abused in scotland.

it may not be ideal but fergie's career will suffer more than the club,if we sling him in the reserves.

he is after all the captian off jockland tinykit.gif

sad.gif

Hasta, cheers mate, appreciated.

Off topic for a second, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to Stuwilky if he found any comments made by myself offensive. Trust me when I say that none of them were meant aggressively or with any attitude. Hope this can be the end of this matter? Although, I'd like to ask the person who used references to Haggis/Tunnocks, etc to drop the stereotypical nonsense. Honestly, it's embarrassing, and I don't mean for myself. So, let's stick to football chat and have less of the stereotypes.

Anyway Hasta, I think a deal with payments further down the line could be easily implemented by Rangers. Sadly, I can't see it happening. It'll be interesting to see if Barry plays tomorrow, although is he still not out with the groin strain suffered in the game against Cardiff in the FA Cup?

Off topic for a second, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to Stuwilky if he found any comments made by myself offensive.

It wasnt offensive in the slightest, just a tad repetitive.

It appears I got the wrong end of the stick (and that never happens tongue.gif )

rover.gif if fergie comes out to play for us again without retracting his transfer request he will be BOOED.

i am not one bit bothered about the price we get for him,he is a souness buy,we have let many off them go for next to nothing,this situation is not our fault/hughes fault.

remenber all that bullshit he came out with saying his family were being abused in scotland.

it may not be ideal but fergie's career will suffer more than the club,if we sling him in the reserves.

he is after all the captian off jockland tinykit.gif

But surely if hughes decides to play him you should accept the Managers decision and support Ferguson as a Rovers player personal feelings aside - I think we should play ferguson and get as much "value" for money out of him as possible, If he isnt up to it/ want to do it/chosen by the manger then so be it.

Waggy, he can be sold to other teams in summer... so it's better he plays to hopefully attract more buyers.

While it's true that Blackburn can accept any offer from another team, they cannot make Ferguson talk to them or even sign for them. Barry has come out and told Hughes that he "only wants to play for Rangers". So, at the end of the day, he's made this extremely difficult on both himself and the Club.

Some of you may or may not have read this, if not then see here:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...hannel=Scotland

Personally, I cannot wait for the Transfer Window to close.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Ha! You're not the only one.

The Savage thing was bad enough, but this is a complete pain. It's worse than teh Savage transfer saga. And I can still barely believe that he wants to go back to Rangers. Where's his ambition?

I'm not going to get involved in the old "ambition" nonsense again. If you care to go back to page 38 and read my posts from then on, you'll find a couple of posts explaining why Ferguson wants to come back. I'm not going to cut and paste the same information again and flood the thread.

Cheers.

Hey dado prso, just noticed you make 16.9 posts per day. You have too much spare time. hehe. Hughes is meeting the player monday isnt he, mabye some sense can be talked into Fergy. I hope so.

Edited by benhben

Hey dado prso, just noticed you make 16.9 posts per day. You have too much spare time. hehe. Hughes is meeting the player monday isnt he, mabye some sense can be talked into Fergy. I hope so.

Spare time is the one advantage I have from working 8:30am till 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. The joys of working for a Bank. biggrin.gif

Don't worry, you'll be rid of me during the week when the reality of "work" beckons. laugh.gif

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Dado Prso, that is actually an extremely short abstract from what Hughes said presumably edited for the benefit of the Scottish audience.

He went on in the same interview to say:

"It is very difficult for myself and the board to really understand which way this is going to go.

"Rangers have not come in with anything like a realistic bid and it is very difficult to say which way we can go with it.

"We will be speaking to Barry and his representatives on Monday and maybe then we will have a clearer picture."

Ferguson has also handed in a transfer request but Hughes denied it was exactly the same situation as had existed with Savage. He said: "The difference is the level we wanted Robbie at. We made Birmingham a significant increase on their investment and Rangers have not on ours and unless they do he will remain our player."

Edited by philipl

Dado Prso, that is actually an extremely short abstract from what Hughes said presumably edited for the benefit of the Scottish audience.

He went on in the same interview to say:

"It is very difficult for myself and the board to really understand which way this is going to go.

"Rangers have not come in with anything like a realistic bid and it is very difficult to say which way we can go with it.

"We will be speaking to Barry and his representatives on Monday and maybe then we will have a clearer picture."

Ferguson has also handed in a transfer request but Hughes denied it was exactly the same situation as had existed with Savage. He said: "The difference is the level we wanted Robbie at. We made Birmingham a significant increase on their investment and Rangers have not on ours and unless they do he will remain our player."

Firstly, Planet Football, which is now owned by Sky Sports, is extremely pro-Premiership. Anyway, I didn't post the link for any other reason than information. If you feel I'm trying to force pro-Scottish views, then so be it. In all honesty, I felt the need to back up my claim with the story. I am not one to use quotes without evidence.

And as for everything else you posted, I have read this, in depth during the last few days. As I said before, I follow the Premiership and world football in general, with a fine tooth comb. I appreciate your information regardless.

Cheers.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

In that case you will have seen the quotes appear twice on page 38- once on Soccernet and once on Teamtalk.

I am not saying you are forcing any views but look at the end of your link. "(c )hannel=Scotland" is the give away of what version you are looking at!

In that case you will have seen the quotes appear twice on page 38- once on Soccernet and once on Teamtalk.

I am not saying you are forcing any views but look at the end of your link. "(c )hannel=Scotland" is the give away of what version you are looking at!

Sorry, but I can find the exact same story, when clicking on Premiership, then the Blackburn Rovers club crest to go to their stories:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...l=Football_Home

I got the previous link by going to Scotland, and clicking on the Rangers club crest. The site is run in England, by both old Planet Football workers and new Sky workers, and features columns from people such as Guillem Balague, Andy Gray, Martin Tyler, Rodney Marsh, and Chris Kamara. In other words, most of Sky Sports regulars.

And yes, I have seen "other quotes" from other stories. And, just like this one may or may not have been edited to suit a Scottish point of view (extremely unlikely from Planet Football ... trust me), the same can be said for the other links, containing stories catering (or not) for an English point of view. If anything it may be lazy reporting, but as I said earlier, I've read every quote going on this story. Trust me.

While it's true that Blackburn can accept any offer from another team, they cannot make Ferguson talk to them or even sign for them. Barry has come out and told Hughes that he "only wants to play for Rangers". So, at the end of the day, he's made this extremely difficult on both himself and the Club.

At this time, he said that!

But if any other big club came after him, he could like that possibility.

Btw, Dado, maybe the reall Dado could come as part of the deal rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.