• Emerton
    • MGP
    • Short
    • Thompson
    • Grooby
    • None it should be a communal effort
    • Jan

This poll is closed to new votes

I would go with Friedel, at least he is going to play every match, nobody else's form is that secure.

That was partly my thinking about the situation - somebody who is likely to keep a place in the side, at present maybe brad or todd or even possibly dickov.

We are in the dark a little about our 2 new arrivals leadership abilities (we have all seen that savage can be a captain, but i dont think that he can command the respect for the position immediately), best to give them all time to settle and if they show enough qualities for the role then i think hughes would make a change ready for next season.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd give it to Todd. I've noticed a big difference in Todd since Hughes became manager. Todd, still has the aggression in him that we all love but, to me, now it's controlled agression. At Portsmouth on Saturday, a year ago Lua Lua may have done what he did, Todd may have flattened him.

Agreed

I did wonder if todd really was the man? I was amazed at his dummy spitting session last season, but maybe it does have something to do with who is now and who was incharge at the time

I feel that with his performances this season he has proved himself committed to the club this season and his attitude may have changed with the managerial change.

My first choice would be Brad. I respect this man alot. He's done alot for Rovers and has earned it IMO. He's responsible and has good leadership abilities, it's someone who we can definitely count on.

Although as mentioned, an outfield player is usually the better choice for a captain. So I wouldn't mind it if it was given to Todd.

As for Savage, although I think he could be a good captain too, I'd rather have someone who's been in the team longer and has proven himself to deserve the lead Rovers.

Edited by Blue and White

friedel is rovers through and through but you cant have goalie as a keeper. Savage/Moekana and Nelsron are coming straight into our side and cant be considered yet. Personally i would vote for Todd or giving back to flitty (if he gets in the team - was a great captain)

Why not make Brad captain? It doesn't mean the outfield players aren't allowed to be leaders as well. Brad deserves it for his contribution to the club. Flitters isnot a regular anymore and whilst Todd has been excellent in the last few weeks, who knows when he's going to go off on one again?

Brad for captain..

our best player is Todd, i'd like to see him captain

Is that a reason or another comment? Because he is, arguably, our best player, shouldnt make him captain if its your reasoning. Tim Sherwood was certainly not our best player in 94/95, even if you didnt count Shearer, but he was always our captain.

i always think its a CM or CB that should be the captain, plus is quality so will always be in the team for a long while, leads by example at last, its a bit like the Beackham situation, he was a bad boy and has turned things around.

many other reasons, hes 30 yrs old is a good age, he's mature and experienced but also has a good three/four years in him.

Plus I don't see any better options

Never been THIS influential in a poll before!!

19:48 - Shouldn't we have a poll asks Colin?

21:40 - Poll up and running says Flopsy.

Never been THIS influencial in starting a poll before. Must be those polaroids of Flopsy & the goat that I received in the post rolleyes.gif

thats no way to speak about your mum wink.gif

Thommo for me, as he is the perfect player to lead by example. Running up and down for 90mins, scores gets back and can get into a challange to fire a team up. Spiky player as souey used to call him, and i think is a captain in the mould of flitty only of course a lot younger. I also think that thommo would raise him gave with the extra resonsabilty. I have reservations about todd cos of that business last yr, but we will have to wait and see.

I'm slowly losing the will to live.

Todd for captain  mad.gif a guy who refused to pull on the shirt last season  mad.gif

DISGRACEFUL.

Well at least theres 2 of us who think this way GAV.

3 people chaps

And Jan at the time at least 80% agreed with Souness

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.