BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

2006/7- why?

thats how long I think it will take our manager to get the squad together and ready

I could be wrong of course - maybe we will do it next season

But Cotterill won't be your manager then. Face it, he'll be off to a bigger club with cash to spend as soon as the chance comes. For what it's worth, I think Cotterill has done a great job at Burnley (although from our point of view we much preferred it when Ternent, Waddle, St John Bond the Blessed et al were in charge of your pantomime) and his good work with a squad of journeymen and on budget of the contents of Kilby's coppers jar and what he has managed to get from down the back of the settee won't have gone unnoticed. I suspect the board at Sunderland are feeling a bit sheepish, to be honest.

Cotterill will be off within 12 months and you'll be back to appointing untried hopefuls, or seasoned old pros who are past their prime. Cotterill has no real connection with Burnley so why would he stay? No cash, poor stadium, poor image of town, tiny squad (most of whom have seen much better days), cold climate and you can forget all that "sleeping giant" and "best supported team outside the Premiership" claptrap. The fact is (and you'd have to be daft not to realise it) there are a lot of more tempting jobs in football than that of King Dingle.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2006/7- why?

thats how long I think it will take our manager to get the squad together and ready

Which are the promising youngsters coming through from your academy or reserves who will be ready by 2007?

Given you've just flushed £600k down the loo on panicbiyi (who is scarcely good enough for the division you are in), how large will your transfer budget be this summer and next?

Obviously Chaplow and Blake were good enough to go straight onto the substitutes bench of injury-hit lowly Prem sides, do you have any other players as good as their standard?

Any plans to increase the first team squad beyong 16 players? (Most Premiership clubs struggle if they have less than 25 Premiership-quality players.)

2006/7- why?

Burnley will never ever ever get promoted.

To get promoted you need a good team.

You don't have a good team.

To get a good team you need money.

You have no money.

And don't respond with info of your latest sales as we both know your financially in the sh*t.

you obviously no more about our debt than I do - whats yours at the moment 26million and running at aroun 5 million per annum loss, after the trust money.

Now sure I hear about 14 million is moving from debt to capitlisation by the trust ,eaving around 12 million of debt - and 5 million per annum losses

We are in the ######, tis true.

Still I think we have a decent chance with our current manager

2006/7- why?

Which are the promising youngsters coming through from your academy or reserves who will be ready by 2007?

Given you've just flushed £600k down the loo on panicbiyi (who is scarcely good enough for the division you are in), how large will your transfer budget be this summer and next?

Obviously Chaplow and Blake were good enough to go straight onto the substitutes bench of injury-hit lowly Prem sides, do you have any other players as good as their standard?

Any plans to increase the first team squad beyong 16 players? (Most Premiership clubs struggle if they have less than 25 Premiership-quality players.)

Strange then philpl that Jose is looking for a fighting squad of 22 outfield players aint it?

I would agree there is a lot of work to be done but your academy is hardly prolific and you will be on the way back down soon enough yourselves.

As for Cotterill being on his way soon - maybe he will.

If so then so be it - though I'm not sure what I would think of a man who dedicated a job to his mother who left only half way through it.

There are 92 jobs in the English League. In the grand scheme of things I'd have thought around 30 would be more attractive than we are today, around 30 less attractive and the rest are all about as appealing as each other - which is very when you consider the paucity of supply.

How many managers apply for every job when they become available?

That's correct, 22 outfield players.

Unlike dingles supporters, (and Man U and Arsenal), Jose doesn't forget that he needs three of the best keepers in the world to complete his squad of 25.

Don't worry, I'm not going to humiliate you.

You haven't answered my other questions.

Unlike dingles supporters, (and Man U and Arsenal), Jose doesn't forget that he needs three of the best keepers in the world to complete his squad of 25.

you dont have the brain power to humiliate me fool.

Which question would you like answering?

You haven't been on here long have you?

Are you on our website because nobody in Burnley can read?

Are you on our website because nobody in Burnley can read?

nope I'm on because we have numerous b*stards on our boards.

imagine a  working-class family that wins the Lottery.

Absolutely. A working class family. A man that worked his socks off, made a fortune and indulged in a passion and a well-earned dream.

An honourable man whom any club would be fortunate to have been sponsored by.

But wait. I have read several football books/biographies of footballers pre Jack and they all say the same thing- for example: "We always looked forward to going to Blackburn Rovers, there would be a warm welcome and a table groaning with sandwiches after the match"

Twist that how you will, Blackburn Rovers has always been a club to be proud of. And what's wrong with being a "working-class family that wins the lottery"?

Uncle Jack never forgot his roots. Neither will Blackburn Rovers supporters.

And do you know what? I'm (word I'm not allowed to use) proud of that.

nope I'm on because we have numerous b*stards on our boards.

Thats stating the obvious isn't it ?

Of course they are all B*******, as you cant marry your sister.

Do you have to try really hard to come up with them or is it just natural wit?

Either way if you're planning to make a career of humour you should probably take the waist in on your trousers - you're going to be very very hungry

Absolutely. A working class family. A man that worked his socks off, made a fortune and indulged in a passion and a well-earned dream.

But wait. I have read several football books/biographies of footballers pre Jack and they all say the same thing- for example: "We always looked forward to going to Blackburn Rovers, there would be a warm welcome and a table groaning with sandwiches after the match"

Twist that how you will, Blackburn Rovers has always been a club to be proud of. And what's wrong with being a "working-class family that wins the lottery"?

THIS IS THE BEST REPLY EVER.........IF YOU WANT MY BABIES tongue.gif

THIS IS THE BEST REPLY EVER.........IF YOU WANT MY BABIES tongue.gif

Unlike some I am not one to have a major go at Jack Walker.

The boys done very very good - and made enough money to do pretty much what they wanted.

However the idea that he didn;t forget his roots is a little hard to swallow bearing in mind he spent the last years of his life living abroad as a tax exile.

However the idea that he didn;t forget his roots is a little hard to swallow bearing in mind he spent the last years of his life living abroad as a tax exile.

The two are not mutually excluse by any means.

Hope you have a nightmare tommorrow

• Backroom

How can you say that it's hard to swallow??? the man was here for every home game !

Dingle muppett !! mad.gif

2006/7- why?

What manager? Cotterill? He's be off first decent offer comes along.

The two are not mutually excluse by any means.

Hope you have a nightmare tommorrow

And for many nights after, reliving a defeat, recurring over and over and over.

he spent the last years of his life living abroad as a tax exile.

Aren`t the channel islands part of the British Isles?

Yes but Jersey is a tax haven, I believe it may be true that there even is no tax? Could be wrong there, certainly though he's right about that one, not that I'd blame anyone who does such a thing though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.