SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it a rest Longsider, you're becoming pathetic. Why are you showing us this pointless thread on a crap forum full of idiots.

What is fact is that the improved, and excellent, stewarding at Ewood has resulted in far less violent and controversial incidents in recent years, as GAV has previously stated, something which doesn't seem to be achieved at Burnley judging by the three incursions onto the pitch on Sunday.

History will always remember the actions of Burnley supporters and one guy throwing a poxy coin pales in comparison.

Both clubs have idiots in their fan base, lets accept that and move on. What one Rovers fan on a pants forum like that one proves is beyond me.

I know, I'll search the internet for any Burnley fans that don't like Rovers and post every one of them on this thread to show Burnley fans responses.

Edited by tcj_jones

On sunday there were only 2 pubs open in Accy Centre..

There was an organised group of Burnley fans looking for Rovers in the outlying pubs.

Talk is they smashed the Swan up near the old police station and they ended up being sent on their way home by the police after being photographed.

Longsider, you're making a fool of yourself and after some decent posts its a shame.

I have no idea what you're trying to achieve but please lay it on the line because i'm sure we can avoid some drawn out bull and put this to bed asap tongue.gif

Tell us whats on yer mind....

Hear Hear, I tried to say that last week.

Longsider, you're making a fool of yourself and after some decent posts its a shame.

I have no idea what you're trying to achieve but please lay it on the line because i'm sure we can avoid some drawn out bull and put this to bed asap  tongue.gif

Tell us whats on yer mind....

really gav? In that case its lucky for me your opinion of me doesn't reallyconcern me

Nothing on my mind but its a bit rich when we have rovers on our board complaining about a few posts that are reception class compared to comments from you, USABlue, ossie, ABBEY need I go on.

Consequently I view it as my duty to defend the vast majority of decent Clarets from the nonesense you and your cohorts post by pointing out the dual standards you are employing.

Anyway, as you say we aint got all night so I guess we wait now until Wednesday week

Please, if you are going to throw my name around here could you remind me of what you are referring to. Exactly, not sort of or supposed. Perhaps I can insult your wife, is that more manly for you.

Please, don't you have a game tomorrow and another on Saturday, both of which are bigger than beating us. Should you not be on the clarrot board discussing footy rather than on our board playing handbags and your dads bigger than my dad, he said she said and who did what rubbish.

You are obsessing a bit now LS.

Facts are facts and as Gav said over the last 15 years Rovers fans have a decent reputation, you simply can not say that about the clarrots. Over 10% of your total attendance to Ewood on Demollition Derby day "mobbed up" after the game. At what point does the small minority as you put it become a sizable force, over 10% thats a lot of your crowd looking for trouble. Agree?

Edited by USABlue

I, for one, am not in touch with the local "lads" and what they may be planning for next week, I am worried as I do not want to see my club assocciated with violent headlines. The match timing could make this almost inevitable.

I've enjoyed reading the friendly banter in this thread and been concerned by the image some have presented to visitors to the site. It is worth divorcing oneself from the game occassionally and trying to read through another set of eyes. Burnley fans visiting this site as guests are almost being invited to prove their reputation next week. Think about ALL the consequences for Blackburn Rovers if that happens.

I've posted this twice and say it again. On Sunday we parked beside the bus station, walked to the ground with Burnley fans, sat amongst Burnley fans, talked to Burnley fans. It was no different to being at Ewood. With my accent I stand out in Blackburn let alone Burnley, I spent the match texting updates to Australia and photographing the Rovers. Fans around us showed nothing but consideration for my son, the local Burnley radio commentators simply got up and moved, leaving all the equipment behind, when told they had our seats. The banter between police and fans was the same as Ewood. Walking past the Rovers coaches before and after there was not a single incident or bad word aimed at us, meaning us as Rovers.

I saw nothing, other than the idiots we all saw, to suggest the vast majority of Burnley fans are anything other than football fans. Just like you and me.

On here at least one member, a Rovers fan, has admitted criminal damage. I would ban him/her from the site forever. I was ashamed when I saw the linesman picking up objects, I hope those fans are identified and given a life ban from Ewood. Fortunatley something that could have been highlighted by the media was overshadowed by three individuals invading the pitch.

It really is time people grew up - in Burnley and Blackburn.

....and there was something strangely refreshing about being in an old football ground

Thank you, Paul, for some common sense.

Most of those who sing the Hate Burnley songs are just indulging in banter. 99 per cent of us are decent fans who just enjoy football. Just because a few (of either side) are prone to stupidity doesn't mean we all need to assume that everyone is that way inclined.

Football is a good way of bringing communities together - people of all ages - and it's a pity if anyone is discouraged from attending or becomign involved by the actions of a few.

Those who carry out acts of violence and disruption are simply tarnishing the reputation of their own clubs - what's the point?

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday and hope Rovers win, but if we do I'm not going to strut about on Burnley boards beating my chest (ouch at the thought thumbs-up.gif ) and berating their fans. If we don't win the less said the better and on to the next Premier League match wink.gif !

Thanks for that Paul, I have posted negatively about the Burnley fans behaviour on this MB before but then I was sat in with the Longsiders.

If the behaviour the other side of the ground was better then fine and to hear stories of vandalism and coin throwing from our side is depressing.

The problem lies with the minority on both sides but but we have to keep speaking up about it or it won't go away. There is such a difference between banter and hatred - there was far too much of the latter and not enough of the former at the last game even if there wasn't much violence.

On here at least one member, a Rovers fan, has admitted criminal damage. I would ban him/her from the site forever. I was ashamed when I saw the linesman picking up objects, I hope those fans are identified and given a life ban from Ewood. Fortunatley something that could have been highlighted by the media was overshadowed by three individuals invading the pitch.

It really is time people grew up - in Burnley and Blackburn.

Get on with it then Paul. I too share your disgust. Maybe a life ban from the site is excessive but it is only a mb after all.

Still think some people are being a bit naive here and not really reading what Lonsider is saying.

This will not be as controlled as last time, and with it being a evening game all the worse.

Regardless of the reputationional behaviour of us Rovers fans, next Tuesday is likely to throw up situations due to the above.

I can understand the vitriol of some of Abbeys' etc responses as he has experience of these games from years back as myself others do on the MB without the police/security controls - works both ways

Maybe no trouble at the ground but either people have forgotten or simply don't know the before and after with Nob End/Notlob/Celtic/ManU/Liverpool /Leeds over the last decade.

Longsider - despite some good posts there is no point linking us to a MB obviously full of wasters with a Rovers supporter who has probably just started Secondary school and has never been on Ewood - unless you want to drop to the realms of their chav non intelligence levels.

Not saying anything will happen, but all it takes is one incident to snowball - and considering the rivalry this could explode regardless of previous good behaviour as the security measures in situ will certainly not be in as 'much' force as those in Burnley.

I agree with you Paul. I think most football fans are decent people, but there's some that have a lot of growing up to do.

There's something childishly indulgent about causing trouble at the football. It's behaviour that wouldn't be tolerated elsewhere, but the rivalry seems to be a justification for acting like little hard men.

Not saying anything will happen, but all it takes is one incident to snowball - and considering the rivalry this could explode regardless of previous good behaviour as the security measures in situ will certainly not be in as 'much' force as those in Burnley.

I think given the complexities an evening kick off give to this fixture, the security will be at an increased level to that at t' Turf.

Much more difficult to police this time. Not possible to shut M65/A666 at teatime on a Tuesday. Also less time to get visitors in early and keep them back afterwards. On Sunday departing Ewood and returning took 6.5 hours. The police haven't got that luxury on Tuesday and it will of course be dark.

Not saying anything will happen,  but all it takes is one incident to snowball - and considering the rivalry this could explode regardless of previous good behaviour as the security measures in situ will certainly not be in as 'much' force as those in Burnley.

I think given the complexities an evening kick off give to this fixture, the security will be at an increased level to that at t' Turf.

That I doubt TDI

Much of the Burnley fans I know are making their own way there.

What I can see happening is those on the train are not allowed off at the Town centre but herded from Mill Hill etc

Alot will be leaving work at different times and doubt they will take days off when a game is only a couple of miles down the raod unless they intend going 'for a drink' dry.gif - and after their charabanc experiences of last time many will probably not take up the offer or hassle of the £3 transport.

This IMO will be far from easier to Police/Steward except at the ground where the gates can be closed/car park directly behind etc

Bravo to paul on a fantastic post , I must point out that the MAJORITY of this messageboard are decent posters with good wit and banter, it's just the odd 3 or 4 that as a claret , you can feel the pure hatred!

There is enough hatred between the 2 clubs(from both sides) without it being carried on via messageboards and that includes the burnley ones!

Toilets were smashed , seats were removed , coins were thrown and other damage was caused in the away end on sunday, it only takes a few village idiots but by far the massive majority of rovers fans are great people as are the majority of burnley fans , ive read much about the 3 looneys on the pitch, the flag carrier I did'nt see and the streaker was just light hearted fun and the guy had no intention to harm anyone but the last bloke was a total muppet that shamed our club , we are aware of this without needing reminders from other clubs !

I hope the replay is a great game with a great atmosphere and banter with football winning the day!

1-0 to the dingles!!!!

When the coins were thrown at Valouis and there was a stoppage in play whilst the ref was running to give the coins to the linesman, at that time I felt embarrased in a way to be a Rovers fan.

Our club has a good name, most Rovers fans are good supporters who go to matches to support the team.

I don't agree with football violence what so ever, I don't agree with violence full stop.

But you're never going to get rid of it unfortunaely. The fans who threw coins should be caught, dealt with accordingly.

Our club was a racist one at one point with the incidents over Yorke with a few fans, exactly the same with the coins, a few fans.

Anyone else notice a bottle thrown on the pitch in the second half, I was towards the James Hargreaves stand, but it looked like a coca cola bottle towards the Bob Lord Stand.

If people want to go and fight at matches, they're not going to stop, it's part of football, why don't they go and become a boxer?

For gods sake Abbey, can you not be more articulate and enjoy a friendly banter instead sounding like such a neandathol? You're just giving these guys that visit the site, Birmingham, Burnley supporters and others, ammunition. It's not just Burnley fans, you're utterly intolerant of any fans on the board that support other clubs.

OH SO WHEN MY NAME IS HIGHLIGHTED I SHOULD SIT AND BE QUIET?

I WILL HAVE CRACK WITH ANYONE ASK CC IF IVE EVER GIVEN HER ###### ,STICK YES CRACK YES .

AS FOR THAT PRICK IZZISNOT,ENOUGH SAID,HE PREACHED BULL FROM START UNTIL HE FINISHED...........

ITS A ROVERS BOARD AND I WILL STICK UP FOR ROVERS ON HERE.

AND AS FOR CALLING ME NEAOWHATEVER ,YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME.

For gods sake Abbey, can you not be more articulate and enjoy a friendly banter instead sounding like such a neandathol? You're just giving these guys that visit the site, Birmingham, Burnley supporters and others, ammunition.  It's not just Burnley fans, you're utterly intolerant of any fans on the board that support other clubs.

I WILL HAVE CRACK WITH ANYONE ASK CC IF IVE EVER GIVEN HER ###### ,STICK YES CRACK YES .

AS FOR THAT PRICK IZZISNOT,ENOUGH SAID,HE PREACHED BULL FROM START UNTIL HE FINISHED...........

Come on now Abbey, is this really necessary? And a PM as well? I'm not having a "pop," at you as you claim in your PM, it's pretty immature to assume that I am and I didn't call you a neanderthal, just that you were talking like one. Me get a life? Perhaps you should learn to not be so easily offeded when you are so utterly intolerant of those that visit our site; you were insulting izzitnot as soon as he came on the board, before we realised he was a bit of a waste of space. Everyone appreciates a friendly banter but not all of us enjoy reading a site filled with foul language and out right abuse.

For gods sake Abbey, can you not be more articulate and enjoy a friendly banter instead sounding like such a neandathol? You're just giving these guys that visit the site, Birmingham, Burnley supporters and others, ammunition.  It's not just Burnley fans, you're utterly intolerant of any fans on the board that support other clubs.

Throw them toys out of the pram.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.