BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

Nice post Paul, I am really glad you had such a pleasant time. Hopefully we have more of the same after Tuesday, I just have a strong feeling it's going to be naughty. Sad isn't it. 45 years ago we went through a similar thing. Draw at Turf repaly at Ewood. The crowds were over 50,000 at each venue, Rovers and Burnley fans mixed and mingled at each ground, without segregation. NO trouble, wouldn't that be nice.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice a bottle thrown on the pitch in the second half, I was towards the James Hargreaves stand, but it looked like a coca cola bottle  towards the Bob Lord Stand.

was thrown by a guy near me. the bottle didnt half fly onto the pitch. i think it was aimed at the keeper

Anyone else notice a bottle thrown on the pitch in the second half, I was towards the James Hargreaves stand, but it looked like a coca cola bottle  towards the Bob Lord Stand.

was thrown by a guy near me. the bottle didnt half fly onto the pitch. i think it was aimed at the keeper

That bottle did land on the pitch.

I know that because from where I was, there was an incident in the game, a ball went through for MGP he didn't get the ball and MGP kicked the ball off the pitch as he was still running.

it's just the odd 3 or 4 that as a claret , you can feel the pure hatred!

Abbey 1

Abbey 2

Abbey 3

Abbey 4

Thats the 4

i will have 2 ,3 4 gav but your numero uno matey laugh.gif

Crikey, I'd better step it up a bit, I don't even get a honourable mention.

If I may be allowed to refer back to page 33 of this thread. It was very refreshing and even 'hope inspiring' to see so much common sense being spoken by various posters who all emphasised the need to keep a sense of proportion in our relationship with supporters of other clubs and with Burnley fans in particular. It is after all only a game, not WW3, and whilst there is nothing at all wrong in having friendly exchanges of banter between two very old football rivals, it is absolutely wrong and unacceptable to have real hatred thrown back and forth between rival fans either on this board or at the match (before, during or after).

I have been watching matches between Rovers and Burnley since 1949 and I have to say that during the 50's & 60's the atmosphere and banter was much more friendly. Then in the 70's it became very bad; poisonous even, although there was to me no apparent reason other than the change in peoples attitudes to each other in general. Since the 90's however there has been a noticeable improvement at Ewood in attitudes to supporters of other teams, but sadly IMHO still not back to the old standards. Still I live in hope.

Did anyone see the sniffy Dingle letter on the back page of yesterday's Observer? I'll copy it out when I get home, it really is an absolute cracker.

I saw it Rovermatt ... you could almost taste the bitterness. laugh.gif If you get a link to it get one for the letter directly above it from the Blackburn fan.

In yesterday's Observer Bob Nicholson from Frodsham, Cheshire wrote:

To understand the antipathy between Clarets and Rovers fans, imagine a  working-class family that wins the Lottery. They take their children out of state school; they join a better golf club; they eat out during the week; they buy wine instead of Thwaites. Understandable, if despicable. But worse, they start behaving like thay have earned the money, rather than won it. They behave like they belong, when the flat still hangs behind the door and they'll always tuck their shirts in their underpants. Burnley, however, will earn our way into the Premiership in due course.

Now that last bit is absolute comedic gold. biggrin.gif

Better though was the fantastic letter above this:

The rivalry between Blackburn and Burnley (Paul Wilson, last week) may go back much farther than 125 years. It could date back to the War of the Roses when-it has been alleged-the good people of Burnley fought on, or at least supported, the Yorkist side.
biggrin.gif

David Ainslie, Blackburn.

Edited by Rovermatt

2006/7- why?

thats how long I think it will take our manager to get the squad together and ready

I could be wrong of course - maybe we will do it next season

Burnley will never ever ever get promoted.

To get promoted you need a good team.

You don't have a good team.

To get a good team you need money.

You have no money.

And don't respond with info of your latest sales as we both know your financially in the sh*t.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.