BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

roll on tuesday and why not have £10 a ticket them the place would be full very full indeed thumbs-up.gif

Going on the attendance of every game featuring reduced ticket prices I doubt that very much indeed.

This should be a category A game so why cheapen it?

And if you were in charge at Ewood with a remit to stay in the black just how would you expect to make any money?

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall a poor match where we did just about what we had to do (or most of the players did) but nothing more and was nothing different to what I expected.

Atmosphere not as great as last time or previous but was better than any so far this season although Citeh and Norwich where ok- but come on Burnley we know you can make more noise than that ( Or is it that Mr Windowman puts you off with his jibbering - wtf!!) - or is it the same as everywhere else re home support where apathy due to seating and overhype of football has disinterested people?

Thought Burnley played better than what most give em credit for and Valois (sp) and Mcgreal certainly stood out for them, as Scotty says it will be interesting to see if they can up their tempo at Ewood as the Turd Moor (literally) was certainly a leveller. Certainly on top up until the numpty ran on the pitch and broke up their momentum.

I don't care what people say, Emerton was absolute RUBBISH - bar the first 10 mins when he looked like he had been bollocked into taking people on he went back to his 'international quality' laugh.gif the sooner we get rid the better totally ineffective (as nobody still not noticed the pansy when he tries to challenge for a header)

Gallagher - awful - don't know what has happened with him.

Friedal - nothing to do but keep warm

Johannson to me didn't look comfortable on the ball but he made some great blocks and won a lot of headers.

Dickov - should have scored - and although tried to work hard did his usual of trying to dribble all the time and subsequently getting tackled/ losing the ball straight away losing us momentum in attack.

Pedersen -tried and was probably our most dangerous player had little support from the rest though - and yet again Hughes - WTF do we change the wingers over for - totally useless waste of time yet again?

Johnson I thought did as well as he could under the circumstances when he came on, and if he had had the confidence to hit it with his left peg when he did the run late on we could have been seeing just us in the hat.

Todd/Nelsen - has already been mentioned

Savage was just a normal game for him but did put a bit of a late foot in at times.

Referee - Thought he had a good game

As for the plane beforehand - looked to me like it said 'Come on you Clarets - The Chronicle' huh.gif

And good un to the Rovers fan outside the pub in Brierfield pint in hand thumbs-up.gif

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

did you try and stop him - tell him to behave his pikey self? Or was Jordan just not in a listening mood? wink.gif

Although I didn't actually see him kicking the seat in, it did occur to me to confront him but then you see he did have an 18" piece of wood in his hand.

Think that could have been me trying to take a souveneir for the trip sad.gif

Wouldn't fit in my bag though so I thought i'd leave it for zak to refit in the morning.

I hope that you are joking! dry.gif But if you are serious then you are pathetic and a complete disgrace to our club. In fact you are no better than the dollopers to the left of us yesterday. Think about it! You take the rip out of the intelligence and behaviour of the average Burnley fans and then set out to emulate them by ripping seats up and chucking coins at their players. You really are no different are you?

Worst of all think of the possible repercussions. What measures do you think would have been taken against BRFC and yourself if you had caused a serious eye injury to the player? withstupid.gif

btw If I was part of admin that would have been your last post. mad.gif

Does anyone know if the replay is to be on TV

No it isn't.

Tuesday 01 March the Sheffield United-Arsenal replay at Bramall Lane will be shown on BBC2.

Wednesday March 2nd Sky Sports will screen Tottenham's visit to Nottingham Forest.

So the only place to see this is Ewood Park.

But whats the answer ? There isn't one. The days of us taking 3000 "hardcore" fans away have long since gone and as I said at the top, I'd rather be sat next to the bovril brigade rather than an empty seat.

... and for those that think Ewood will be better, your having a laugh aren't you ? ........... and I'd imagine half of those that got last minute tickets to boro to ensure a ticket for the turf will suddenly feel they have earn't enough "bragging rights" by being at the turf to miss this one.

Sorry to be negative, but thats the way I see it.

Spot on Glenn. If the crowd was as flat as has been suggested I hope everyone who bought tickets for a part-time mate realises the impact it has. I had a good day yesterday but I'm still really irritated by the ST holders who bought tickets for fans who, under the club "rules", were not entitled to them and prevented the regular support from getting tickets.

I hope every one of those fans now buys their mate a ticket for the replay and we fill Ewood to the roof.......somehow I very much doubt it though. I hope to be surprised next Tuesday.

In response to your comment directly above Paul, wink.gif either the bloke behind baz and myself liked the sound of his own voice, his partner was suffering from alzimers (spellcheck) or she had never seen a rovers game in her life before.

From the constant drivel from him about players and club history it was quite evident that she had no idea what was going on or was just to polite to tell him to shut up.

Ive no objections to gaining new fans but situations of this type of jolly must cheese off the die hard fan unable to get tickets.

I have only set foot in the town of t'bas****s very rarely: yesterday, 2000 and 1977 being the last 3 occasions.

The striking image as you travel thru the area is that it is "the town that time left behind".  I've been to a few dumps and desolate areas over the years but this place is the dumps being on a par with the worst such as Gaza Strip, Lagos and more recently Banda Aceh.

As for the residents of said town a whole range of adjectives come to mind:  simple; inbreds; animal like ;moronic etc etc.

The most apt description is sub-human.  we must look to build a border wall aroud the hovel, with Israeli style passport control. ph34r.gif

And Preston, Blackburn and the rest of East Lancs are oases (sp?) of charm and splendour?

Get a grip man, comment on the football, the crowd but don't pretend the whole of East lancs is anything other than it is: industrialised and very often derelict awaiting investment from the government's 'regeneration schemes'.

I also take great exception to your classification of the inhabitants. care to go head to head in an iq test? mad.gif

I have no problem with humour as those who know me will testify but you are not in the least bit funny.

Here's a true story for you, make of it what you will.

My Wife is a Geordie. I met her when she was studying at Preston Uni (University Of Central Lancashire is its full title). I lived in the North East after her studies for around 5 years and moved back to Burnley for various family reasons.

Today we had to go to the Hospital in Blackburn with my 3 year old son as he needs to have his tonsils removed. We went to the Royal Infirmary and were dealt with by wonderful staff. I had to park just off the hospital on Ivy Street so I dropped my wife and son at the hospital then went to park.

After the pre op assesment we walked back to the car and my wife said - and I swear this is the absolute truth - 'its like being in a time warp isn't it'

Now i would suggest that Burnley and Blackburn (the towns) are very very similar. Both have some run down area's, both have suffered from the decline of the industry on which they were built, both are trying admirably to build a future for themselves.

familiarity breeds contempt

Hell both towns have problems - it just seems Burnley has more than Blackburn does

I live in Birmingham - we have fantastic parts - Sutton Coldfield - Edgebaston and horrible parts - Nechells - Handsworth - Spark Brook to name a few

You find that in all places

I wasn't there, so was one of those armchair viewers, but I thought our first 20 minutes were probably our best. I'd echo the statements made by those who thought that Savage, Nelsen, Pedersen and Todd were our best players and I just feel a bit let down. I had the opportunity to watch the game in peace - both kids went down for their afternoon nap just as the match started - and I was so keyed up I actually felt kind of let down at the final whistle. I guess that's because I'd worked myself up into such a state for this game. When Burnley brought Branch on in injury time, I thought we'd lose 1-0 (my nightmare) in the dieing seconds. I really did think that quite a few of our players didn't look like they were up for it (Neill, Tugay and Emerton in particular - he's such a headless chicken). I was really disappointed in Gallacher, who seemed to spend an awful lot of time hoofing the ball or swearing about the injustice of a decision given against him. Anyway, it's a pity Pedersen's free kick didn't go in because that was a hell of a shot and would have been a hell of a goal - I think he's a great player. Respect to Jensen (or "the beast) for playing so well.

I thought Burnley were well organised and I found myself surprised - I hadn't done much research into what had gone on there since the departure of Ternent but I must say, Cotterill has them well organised and has brought in some players who certainly know how to spoil the game (ie. stop us playing- had we been playing that is...!). I thought Valois was there best player by a mile and Moore worked his socks off but I was terrified they'd nick a goal from somewhere.

As for the rest of the comments about the state of Burnley as a town - it is much of a muchness really isn't it. You can drive through bits of Lancaster, bits of Kendal, even bits of Windermere and see depression and neglect too. Even worse if you head over to West Cumbria - Workington, Whitehaven etc. - time warp or whatever, there is poverty and unemployment, poor diet and social inequality wherever you go.

I know they're traditionally our rivals, and I'm as happy to have a go about them eating bananas with their feet, or neanderthals dragging their knuckles along the ground etc., but it does get a bit daft saying one town's worse than the other when we can have reasonably good natured banter.

Save the passionate hatred for singing your hearts out at the replay in 11 days time (or however many it is) - which I think we'll win, by the way.

Edited by rosie

Probably not.

(ENT in burnley I mean).

The way the Health Service is set up around here the hospitals tend to have certain departments only.

So it must be Blackburn for the ENT stuff and, for example, burnley for dermatology.

If you're ill and live in the right town you're OK, otherwise it's a trip along the M65 to be seen/treated by the relevant section.

And the Ivy Street entrance to BRI does look a bit like it's from 'Carry On Doctor'. Hattie Jaques would set it off nicely !

( New hospital at Queens Park looks super swish though )

Now i would suggest that Burnley and Blackburn (the towns) are very very similar. Both have some run down area's, both have suffered from the decline of the industry on which they were built, both are trying admirably to build a future for themselves.

Amen to that.

Lancashire in general has suffered terribly since the war through changing economic circumstances and the disinterest of successive London-centric governments.

Let's celebrate the fact that the county's football teams are in relative good health.

In the early 1960s, Rovers, Burnley, Bolton, Preston and Blackpool were in the old first division and I'd love to see them all back there (the top flight that is !).

Edited by jim mk2

Jesus Christ it could have been worse we could have had some @#/? running on the pitch to front a burnley player only to bottle it and punch a WPC  mad.gif

What a complete prick and coward he was, lets hope the coppers gave him a right good slap down the nick.

could have been worse I guess - he could have been throwing coins.

Sorry to say it guys but you were quiet today - and I say that not to have a go but as a serious statement - I've heard a quarter the number of fans you had in today make 4 times the noise you managed.

Thought the result was fair but there can be little argument you had the better scoring chances - and by the way the pitch was the same for both teams

In fact why don`t you (Please don't use that word again) off and die you inbred neandertal ###### Burnley ###### piece.

Put a couple of paracetamol and a glass of water by your bed now so that you don't have to bother fetching them in the morning.

Agreed. Apologise for my foul temper last night, i was out of order. Sorry Mr Longsider and anyone else I offended.

sad.gif

Amen to that.

Lancashire in general has suffered terribly since the war through changing economic circumstances and the disinterest of successive London-centric governments.

Let's celebrate the fact that the county's football teams are in relative good health.

In the early 1960s, Rovers, Burnley, Bolton, Preston and Blackpool were in the old first division and I'd love to see them all back there (the top flight that is !).

With Wigan now in an automatic promotion slot and PNE looking good for a play-off place, there could be a lot of Lancashire interest (true Lancashire- not post 1974 nonsense) in the Prem next year.

Just heard on BBC News that the FA have asked Burnley and Everton to answer for incidents at their grounds at the week-end.

I wasn't too impressed with the game, a poor, dull and scrappy game.

Burnley played very well and I was impressed them.

The pitch didn't help, but that's not an excuse to use, it was the same for both teams and Burnley played better than we did on it.

The first half I thought we played better than they did, towards the end of the half Burnley got better and that showed till the last twenty minutes or so when we got on top, slightly.

Pedersen, Savage and the central defence stood out for me, most of the situations they were in all dealt with them fairly well.

Pedersen came close with a well struck free kick and a header, if that had been a lighter touch it would have gone in.

Tugay was really poor and that was the key, I couldn't understand why he was picked, especially for this game, his passing game wasn't suited to the type of game and the pitch.

I said earlier in the thread that Reid, if he started, would be more influential for us rather than Tugay, I did as well get his autograph.

Neither team played well, we had the better chances in the game and failed to take any. Dickov had the best chance, hitting it wide.

Possible penalty shouts as well, but overall a replay was probably the best option.

As for our support, great to sell out, but noise wise I was dissapointed I thought we would have been louder, but we weren't. The Burnley fans on the Longside had a great range and variety in their chants, No Nay Never, We hate b******* and No Nay Never.....

The idiots who went on to the pitch, well done, it's a £1000 fine, I think.

The guy who went to 'attack' Savage, what was the point? You came ran around like an idiot and then went for a Police Officer.

Let's not forget the idiots who threw coins at Valois, I think in the first half and a bottle when MGP was booked for simulation.

Great post match entertainment, seeing Burnley's youths giving us the second part of The Football Factory.

Mindless idiots, who have nothing better to do, yet when they were offering fights, they were nowhere to be seen after the game, interesting.

Burnley 0-0 Blackburn

Fan confronts footballer on pitch

Police and FA to schedule talks

The guy who went to 'attack' Savage, what was the point? You came ran around like an idiot and then went for a Police Officer.

It would appear that the guy who confronted Savage and co is a known 42 year old hooligan from Nelson. He is already banned from every ground in the country.

So one of the largest security operations in Lancashire not only let a known hoolie into the ground, but on to the pitch as well!

ohmy.gif

Edited by Simon Says

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.