SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dream for Dingle fans would have been Branch to come on as he did in the last 5 mins and score the winner in injury time..Thanks to Loon who came on the pitch to have a go at Robbie ..the games momentum died.before that could happen...

Edited by JC4LAB

Tugay,Gally,johansson underwhelmed the effort.We don't need a stronger defence but a re-shaped attack.The difference from 4 years ago was the 3 gems..Dunn,Duff and jansen.

FFS put Stead in before Gally or the little 16 yr old pretending to be 20.An absolutely worthless substitution.

Rovers fans brilliant...now 16,000 more buy tickets or me and thenodrug will get fed up again.

with my past history of cup games at Ewood im staying clear sad.gif

3 visits since Ive been in Brum

Celtic Man U and Liverpool

Rovers win 0

Rovers draw 0

Rovers stuffed and played of the field 3

oooo and the Sunderland 2-2 game - that was bloody awful too sad.gif

I suspect though that neutral observers watching on the Beeb must have been less than complimentary about the match...

...The match reinforced my view that we don't have sufficient attacking quality at the moment to be a top ten side in the Premiership...

...I thought Emerton was a frustrating bugger again today - running into blind alleys, falling over, giving the ball away, head down and not aware of his team-mates ahead of him...

...Defensively we are reasonably sound, with Nelsen again impressive.

Looks like we saw the same match sad.gif

Neutral observers on this side of the pond (on BigSoccer) were exactly as you predicted...less than complimetary. And the lack of creativity up front wasn't directly apparent on the tube (since the camera tends to follow the ball), but indirectly was, in that too often Rovers, having gotten past midfield, had to pull away from an attack and kick it around because there just wasn't anything in front to deliver to.

I join the chorus about Emerton's repeated tactic of running the ball directly into a cluster of defenders. He didn't demonstrate today either the speed or the footskills to pull that off. And I agree with many that the ref was very good.

As to Nelsen, I thought it would be a diversion from todays match to show him in action a couple of years ago against Blackburn...and, from that game, another reason to put Burnley and its supporters away on March 1st.

user posted image

user posted image

Like most others I'm very disappointed not to have dumoed the dingles out of the cup (especially as I will be sat opposite one of them at work tomorrow) but I have to say we got out of it what the majority of our players put in. Without pointing at finger at anyone, a lot of our players just did not perform today and we got caught on the ball too often, we passed badly, we fluffed our chances and at least one of our players chickended out of half a dozen 50/50 balls. Hats off to Robbie Savage, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Andy Todd and Ryan Nelsen who all gave good accounts of themselves.

Their pitch was a joke and they should be fined for it. However, I'm sure they will be fined for Shadrach Dingle's drunken romp on the pitch, but it was good of him to disrupt the only concerted spell of Dingle pressure for us. What a chimp!

One question though: how many fouls would Micah Hyde have to commit to get a yellow card? I can't help but feel that the referee, Mike "Runaround" Reid, was a tad too generous to our degenerate neighbours.

After the match I had a brief conversation with a Burnley supporting friend (well, I say friend...) and his verdict was "Well, it wah a load o' sh1te really, wontit. Ah reckon we're fooked at Ewood though". It's a rare day I agree with a Dingle but I think young Zacharias got it just right.

The Guardian's report of the match.

Incidentally I agree with the assessment that Mike Dean's handling of the game was excellent apart from the card for MGP for going down in the box. That was ridiculous as MGP used his falling momentum from the stumble to put in a cracking sliding tackle on the dingle right back who had collected the ball- not the usual action of a player feigning/appealing for a penalty!

The other interesting judgement was the foul on Dickov on the edge of the area. Referee Dean correctly gave it outside but in the TV replay from the reverse camera angle, the linesman (who was perfectly positioned with a near side unobstructed view of the whole incident) did not react to the first two or three pushes and trips but clearly flagged a penalty when Dickov got floored well inside the box!

Edited by philipl

Why do some idiots have to spoil things by smashing seats up after the game?

Saw one kid who thought he was being cool by taking part of a seat home.

We don't need so called Rovers fans like these

Jesus Christ it could have been worse we could have had some @#/? running on the pitch to front a burnley player only to bottle it and punch a WPC mad.gif

What a complete prick and coward he was, lets hope the coppers gave him a right good slap down the nick.

And that dingle bird in the centre - has the guy on her right stolen her left boob??

As it happens I know her family.

She had a mastectomy for breast cancer when aged only 19.

You could not have known that but please let it lie now.

Cheers, Tash.

Jesus Christ it could have been worse we could have had some @#/? running on the pitch to front a burnley player only to bottle it and punch a WPC mad.gif

What a complete prick and coward he was, lets hope the coppers gave him a right good slap down the nick.

could have been worse I guess - he could have been throwing coins.

Sorry to say it guys but you were quiet today - and I say that not to have a go but as a serious statement - I've heard a quarter the number of fans you had in today make 4 times the noise you managed.

Thought the result was fair but there can be little argument you had the better scoring chances - and by the way the pitch was the same for both teams

Sorry to say it guys but you were quiet today - and I say that not to have a go but as a serious statement - I've heard a quarter the number of fans you had in today make 4 times the noise you managed.

And you were the loudest group of fans I have ever heard.

All 323,000 of you, and the thousands outside.

just back after a few pints

cant say too much about the game, bumley were awful and dragged us down to their level btw the pitch was nothing better than a park game.

positives, bumley didnt have a shot on target

friedal didnt make a save of note

negatives

burnley crowd = poor

streaker = small dick (but what do you expect from abumey fan)

pitch invasion = poor effort - nothing but pure scum

gally's ineffective display

longsiders - where is your support ?

The pitch WAS the same for both teams but there is little doubt the superior surface at Ewood will favour ourselves.

Thought we were below par today, but still comfortably enough a better side than Burnley, to coast to a draw.

Another below par home performance would be enough to see us through.

If we play anything like, we'll murder 'em.

Were you at the game???

Seriously, were you at the game???

PLEASE LEAVE OUT THE PERSONAL INSULTS

Jesus Christ it could have been worse we could have had some @#/? running on the pitch to front a burnley player only to bottle it and punch a WPC  mad.gif

could have been worse I guess - he could have been throwing coins.

Thought the result was fair but there can be little argument you had the better scoring chances - and by the way the pitch was the same for both teams

**EDITED - THAT'S OUT OF ORDER, YOU KNOW THE RULES. NO PERSONAL INSULTS OR BAD LANGUAGE**

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.