BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

I have only set foot in the town of t'bas****s very rarely: yesterday, 2000 and 1977 being the last 3 occasions.

The striking image as you travel thru the area is that it is "the town that time left behind". I've been to a few dumps and desolate areas over the years but this place is the dumps being on a par with the worst such as Gaza Strip, Lagos and more recently Banda Aceh.

As for the residents of said town a whole range of adjectives come to mind: simple; inbreds; animal like ;moronic etc etc.

The most apt description is sub-human. we must look to build a border wall aroud the hovel, with Israeli style passport control. ph34r.gif

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole day was a bit of an anti-climax to be honest.

The atmosphere was nothing like as good as the last meeting at Turf Moor. Our support seemed as flat as pancakes for most of the game. Too many day-trippers this time around. There was even a large section of our support sat down for the whole match. But Longsider and his numpty mates can have no room to crow as Burnley's support was worse. They only ever reacted to our songs and hardly ever seemed to start their own chants, and when they did sing we could hardly hear them and easily drowned them out. Ewood will be better next week.

I'm normally a big advoate of people taking what enjoyment from football they choose too, even if they want to sit down, make no noise other than to moan, complain when people pass the to go to the bar and then leave 10 minutes early. If thats what they want then so be it. The way I see it is we can't fill Ewood even with them, so at least make them feel welcome so we can keep taking their £20 every game.

However, I feel than Dec 2000 went of too well in some ways, many of the Bovril Brigade who were scared away last time, turned up this time and diluted the normal away support ("It's just like being at home"). Hence the somewhat flat atmosphere.

That said, for every bovril drinking, tartan rug wearing fan we seemed to find balance by taking a 16 year old, drunken arsehole chav. Ripping down the bar sign ? Nice move lads, well classy. Ripping up seats ? good move. Launching stuff onto the field ? you are bright aren't you ? Thankfully these little f'wits turn up away as regulary as the bovril brigade do.

But whats the answer ? There isn't one. The days of us taking 3000 "hardcore" fans away have long since gone and as I said at the top, I'd rather be sat next to the bovril brigade rather than an empty seat.

... and for those that think Ewood will be better, your having a laugh aren't you ? Our home crowd has become so diltuted that even the BBE has massive silent sections now, let alone the JW and WS stands. It's mid-week, we can't fill it normally and I'd imagine half of those that got last minute tickets to boro to ensure a ticket for the turf will suddenly feel they have earn't enough "bragging rights" by being at the turf to miss this one.

Sorry to be negative, but thats the way I see it.

I have only set foot in the town of t'bas****s very rarely: yesterday, 2000 and 1977 being the last 3 occasions.

The striking image as you travel thru the area is that it is "the town that time left behind".  I've been to a few dumps and desolate areas over the years but this place is the dumps being on a par with the worst such as Gaza Strip, Lagos and more recently Banda Aceh.

As for the residents of said town a whole range of adjectives come to mind:  simple; inbreds; animal like ;moronic etc etc.

The most apt description is sub-human.  we must look to build a border wall aroud the hovel, with Israeli style passport control. ph34r.gif

And Preston, Blackburn and the rest of East Lancs are oases (sp?) of charm and splendour?

Get a grip man, comment on the football, the crowd but don't pretend the whole of East lancs is anything other than it is: industrialised and very often derelict awaiting investment from the government's 'regeneration schemes'.

I also take great exception to your classification of the inhabitants. care to go head to head in an iq test? mad.gif

I have no problem with humour as those who know me will testify but you are not in the least bit funny.

Edited by Cool Claret

IQ test anyday.

The point I was making is that as part of my job I visit a number of disaster zones and "trouble" areas, and that Burnley is on a par with many of these. I am sorry if you find me comments distateful but they obviously hit a sore point.

ps. Will the game be on Ararbic TV in Dubai next week...i'll have to watch it beachside. mad.gif

IQ test anyday.

The point I was making is that as part of my job I visit a number of disaster zones and "trouble" areas, and that Burnley is on a par with many of these.  I am sorry if you find me comments distateful but they obviously hit a sore point.

ps.  Will the game be on Ararbic TV in Dubai next week...i'll have to watch it beachside. mad.gif

Distasteful? No.

Pathetic? Ridiculous? A bitter diatribe. Those fit much better actually.

If you seriously compare Burnley with Beirut, the Gaza Strip, Baghdad or Lagos then I feel sorry for your employers cos you are obviously living on another planet.

I feel like having just got home back to civilization that I have spent my Sunday afternoon about 100 Years in the past !!!! Somewhere along the M65 the Flux Capacitor on the Delorean Coach I was on must have kicked in when we hit 88 mph and sent us back to the land that time forgot !!

I don't normally post about things like this but feel the need to explain the goings on at the Dingle Dome for those not fortunate enough to have gotten a ticket.

I mean what an absolute disgrace Burnley fans are, they think they are a sleeping giant and today was there chance to show the nation how magnificent they are, but for gods sake after what I've seen today there is absolutely no hope for them whatsoever. don't get me wrong on the playing side we were crap today but as supporters we can hold our heads up high !!! we showed the Dingles who the pride of Lancashire are today, totally outsung on there own patch magnificent, and make no mistake any honest Burnley fan should feel ashamed of their antics today.

Three separate Inbreds make it onto the playing field one who tries to have a go at Robbie Savage (did you see him cower when Ryan Nelson confronted him) where the hell were the stewards ??? these knuckle draggers are obviously not used to the big occasion and it all got too much for them to the point where some Neanderthal had to strip naked and body pop on the halfway line ? Ridiculous I know but possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen at a football match. And then the Chav at half-time !! what was he all about, and why the Hell was he at a football match in his boots ?

Then the fiasco after the game in the corner of the longside where a group of about a hundred 14 year olds felt the need to stay in the ground bait the 4000 Rovers fans and have handbags with the Stewards and Police !!

After leaving the Dome I was amazed to see that the whole of Bunley had nothing better to do than watch a Convoy of 78 Coaches travel through their god forsaken town. do they not have TV's in their Caves ?? or was it some sort of treat to see vehicles that aren't drawn by horses ???

Well that’s enough now I've said my piece just hope I never again in my life have to go back to that hovel. How did everyone else enjoy the experience ??

Tell you what, why not try and fill this thread up with comments about the pitch, excuses why your fans are crap, the pitch invader halfwits and then run through your full repetoire of dingle/inbred/land that time forgot 'gags'...

Then you can ignore the fact you were plainly no better than us on the pitch.

Well I thought it was a decent performance. OK, there wasn’t much up front, the ideas seemed to run out far too quickly and 1 or 2 of the balls were pathetic to say the least. But the actual break dancing itself was very good. Getting his feet tangled in his boxer shorts and falling flat on his face in the Rovers technical area was a touch of genius too. Shame the football never reached those standards.

Tell you what, why not try and fill this thread up with comments about the pitch, excuses why your fans are crap, the pitch invader halfwits and then run through your full repetoire of dingle/inbred/land that time forgot 'gags'...

rover.gif too true sam,i thought bumley gave us more problems yesterday than the 2 previous games,i thought you played well but the pitch invaders just add too justify what many rovers followers think off your town.

coin throwers from our section,well if fans have any spare cash they can just pass it on to me,after yesterdays results the cheltnham kitty is very low.

junior is made up as he was on tv,told him making a replica off the cup would do the trick tinykit.gif

no argument - both teams were useless yesterday and neither of us commited much going forward. As we are the premiership team then the credit has to go to the Burnley players.

I also think it's worth mentioning that the game was played in a good spirit - noone was flying in with leg-breakers (Like Arsenal on saturday).

But it was impossible to come away from that match with anything other than the impression that Burnley fans are a bunch of thugs. From were I was sat there were a couple of blokes with their 10 or 11 yr old kids who were encouraging them to make 'come and get it' gestures at the rovers fans - WTF??

Added to that the cheering of the bloke who punched a WPC and the fact that half the fans weren't even watching the match and Burnley FC has nothing to be proud of.

Any club has a few idiots amongst the support, Rovers aparently have a couple of coin throwers and at least 3 monkey-chanters but the general atmosphere amongst Rovers fans is always good natured and the chanting is always about banter rather than the pure hatred and aggression I was sat amongst yesterday.

IQ test anyday.

The point I was making is that as part of my job I visit a number of disaster zones and "trouble" areas, and that Burnley is on a par with many of these.  I am sorry if you find me comments distateful but they obviously hit a sore point.

ps.  Will the game be on Ararbic TV in Dubai next week...i'll have to watch it beachside. mad.gif

Distasteful? No.

Pathetic? Ridiculous? A bitter diatribe. Those fit much better actually.

If you seriously compare Burnley with Beirut, the Gaza Strip, Baghdad or Lagos then I feel sorry for your employers cos you are obviously living on another planet.

actually I was in Beirut last month and its a wonderful place. Beautiful beaches, great food, gorgeous girls and fantastic nightlife.

Beats just about everywhere in the UK never mind Burnley.

By the way - did anyone notice the advertising hoarding for "John Smith & Smiths" ? - what awas that about inbreeding?

to be fair, and as a rovers fan who lives in pendle, the area is like a lot of towns it has its very bad parts amd some very good parts, but most of the towns are like every where else average.

as for the match well the less said about that the better roll on tuesday and why not have £10 a ticket them the place would be full very full indeed thumbs-up.gif

Edited by des

Can we just mention excessive quoting makes the MB very difficult to read and wastes a lot of space.

The point of quoting is to refer to a post and comment, it isn't necessary to quote the post immediatley above a reply.

cheers smile.gif

Sat in the Bob Lord stand we were clearly Rovers fans. There was no hassle and we chatted briefly with the Burnley fans around us. No problem at all. Equally I could see a lot of the other stuff that was going on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.