SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand why people are so down about yesterday, I thought it was great. The atmosphere was fantastic and I'm sure both seta of fans were singing so much they drowned the other lot out. I thought Burnley were quiet at the game but they sounded loud on TV.

The match may have been a non-event but so what, how often do we get the chance to vent our feelings at each other? In many ways the game itself was a side show to the main event.

mentioning dopes - just look at how the ingles and trolls clapped their "heros" display as they were frog marched out of the ground.

the "heroes" being NOT the muppets on the pitch (players) but the simpletons who decided to show just what it means to follow bumley fc.

dont get me wrong there are good supporters in the bumley crowd but to see them clap the idiots off said it all.

Any true supporter would have simply turned their backs on them NOT laud them dry.gif

I was at the game yesterday and i for one didn't clap or cheer the idiots that ran on the pitch. If anything what might have sounded like cheering was in fact jeering. This guy cant call himself a football fan, he is just a mindless thug that has managed to give us more bad press. 5 month ain't long enough in my opinion. taking into account this isn't his first offence for similar related incidents he should have got 5 years.

Anyway we all have our idiots & we all know they ain't proper fans of the game.

Wish i could say i am looking forward to our replay, but to be honest i think we have missed the only chance we really had, and that was to win on home ground.

MGP was terrific against Burnley, our onley goal treat in the game sorry for him that Roche saved a clear header from MGP!

Dickov is annoying me... his miss against Burnley was another bloody miss!

Ok he plays good and scores but he misses alot to.

I think we was stronger when Reid come on. May he get a chance against Burnley at home instead of Tugay and give Stead, Bothroyd or Matty a chance instead of Gally!

Hope we can win! We got a great tie against Leicester in the FA CUP Quarter final if we beat the dingles!

Cheers

In all the papers today, when it shows that prat on the pitch, you can see all the inbreds in the back ground all with inane grins on there faces. Thats what Bumley is all about.

Tonight's LET has some particularly fine pictures, especially that of Wayne & Waynetta Slob on page 3. This bewilderingly stupid pair thought it would be a good thing to take their 2 week (yes, WEEK!) old baby to Sunday's game, and held up poor Frogmella for the public to see as they grinned with their cheddar-coloured teeth.

I was eating my lunch at the time and I was put off my roast swan and truffles as I felt quite bilious.

The first thing that struck me about the the front page of the LET which carried the story of the man who has been jailed was that he had already been banned from all football grounds.

The second thing that struck me from the photo was-"he's wearing bloody Evisu jeans". And I aplogise for the language!

Tonight's LET has some particularly fine pictures, especially that of Wayne & Waynetta Slob on page 3. This bewilderingly stupid pair thought it would be a good thing to take their 2 week (yes, WEEK!) old baby to Sunday's game, and held up poor Frogmella for the public to see as they grinned with their cheddar-coloured teeth.

laugh.gif

Be fair CS, I know they were a bit lax not taking the poor little mite 8 days earlier but then they weren't at home!

I wasn't fortunate enough to attend on 17/12/2000 and after all the nervous energy expended in looking forward to the occasion I thought the whole thing was a bit of an anticlimax.

The coach thing was terrifically well organised but was it really necessary to be sat on them for one hour 15 minutes before moving off?

I found the game itself a shade depressing due to the lack of any marked difference in quality between the two sides. Whilst we just about shaded it on possession and chances, what the game did highlight was our appalling lack of quality up front.

I have had a recurring nightmare ever since the fifth round draw was made of two goaless draws and going out to the Clampetts at Ewood on pens. After yesterday that scenario moved significantly closer and I just pray we can find a goal or two from somewhere a week on Tuesday. Still think that horrendous miss by Dickov may come back to haunt us.

Elsewhere, conditions in the concourse like the black hole of Calcutta, wooden seats, a crap pitch resembling a beach, crap football on it, moronic pitch invasions and a streaker. Welcome back to the 70's. Is this what we want more of in future? Is it hellers like.

It was always going to be downhill after putting seven goals without reply past them in 2000/2001 and unfortunately from our point of view, for them, after the draw it is very much pride restored. That's why in my view it would have been best never to have played them again and left the 5-0 drubbing as the final footnote in East Lancs Derby history.

All that said my spirits were significantly restored by today's wonderful draw. Does anyone believe in that old tosh about your name being on the cup? Eeerily reminiscent of the Worthy Cup win when we got a particularly straight forward path to the final. It's ripe for a typical Rovers style cock up but the team MUST NOT let us down in ensuring a semi final day out in Cardiff at least.

With the amount of bile, petty bickering and biterness shown on this thread - its quite obvious that no supporters - Rovers or Burnley can take the moral high ground - Weve got arseholes on both sides. Anyone remember the prick who ran onto Ewood against Celtic? I would love the replay to be a fun open, fast flowing game of football, with Rovers stuffing you of course. But the best team to win, fair and square - with "goodnatured" "friendly" rivalry between the fans. Aint going to happen but hey we can hope.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.