BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

did you try and stop him - tell him to behave his pikey self? Or was Jordan just not in a listening mood? wink.gif

Although I didn't actually see him kicking the seat in, it did occur to me to confront him but then you see he did have an 18" piece of wood in his hand.

Think that could have been me trying to take a souveneir for the trip sad.gif

Wouldn't fit in my bag though so I thought i'd leave it for zak to refit in the morning.

Not usually my style to be brutally honest, but i thought it would be nice to have a piece of dingledome that i could use as a toilet seat for my dog or something.

By the way, did anyone see the banner that Burnley flew over the ground before the game, a shocking effort really, didn't even come close to the infamous 'staying down forever'

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been raised or not, but will Todd be banned for the replay?  He was on the verge of a ban and with today's yellow that makes it his fifth.  Will he miss the league match at the weekend or the cup replay?

Maybe he would but we don't actually have a match at the weekend.

Ah yes... you spotted my deliberate mistake... well done. Curse that League Cup screwing up my fixtures list!

What about Todd's ban though?

In fact why don`t you (Please don't use that word again) off and die you inbred neandertal ###### Burnley ###### piece.

wow with such a reasoned argument how could I not?

Yes I was at the game - were you - really were you? Did you think you made a lot of noise?

Let me list a few teams who have made more noise than you this season:

Leeds

Stoke

Preston

Aston Villa

You're noise was poor today. Your fans were throwing coins - and I'm not sure about the streaker as he seemed determined to sit in the Blackburn dugout, though it could just be he hasn't been to the Turf in 20 years and got confused.

Remember we also lost our right back (and captain) and leading centre half and you still failed to score. So we go to deadwood on the 1st of March as massive underdogs, fair enough. A replay wasn't something many of you were predicting - in fact most of the score predictions ranged from 2 -7 nil.

Still I am content, we gave a good account of ourselves (barring of course the complete ###### who went onto the pitch) and we still have a chance, however slim, of going into the next round.

By the way, did anyone see the banner that Burnley flew over the ground before the game, a shocking effort really, didn't even come close to the infamous 'staying down forever'

Think you may find we have Accrington Stanley to thank for that.

Of course you would need to be able to read to work that out.

Edited by longsiders1882

Funny that Longsider I've been speaking to Burnley mates who think Rovers were one of the most vocal teams at the Turd this season!....at least have the balls to be honest in you summary shag.

Here's an honest opinion;your HOME support is 'two-bob' at best...far too many day trippers laugh.gif

See you at Ewood you Burnley Sh1thouse.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I've just seen Cotterill's post-match interview, and I must say I was impressed with his analysis of the game and his sense of humour regarding the streaker who was not 'well-endowed'. laugh.gif (The interviewer seemed either not to get the joke or to brush over it in a moment of modesty...)

He seems a decent manager and, after his calamitous involvement with Sunderland and Howard Wilkinson, he's getting back on track it seems.

Was there not a Burnley banner pre match?

Think you may fond we have Accrington Stanley to thank for that.

The Accrington Stanley one was at half time.

The one before the game was the poor attempt by a dingle nightclub.

But, as you say, you'd have to be able to read........

Funny that Londgsider I've been speaking to Burnley mates who think Rovers were one of the most vocal teams at the Turd this season....at least have the balls to be honest in you summary.

Here's an honest opinion......your HOME support is 'two-bob' at best.

you know something sg you are one mouthy fecker -are you always this hard or just when you have the ether to protect you? Theres no chance of you seeing me at deadwood - you know you wouldn;t dare meet face to face

Your 'Burnley' mates were probably amongst the thousands there today who haven't been near in 20 years - unless you count the Man U game a couple of years ago.

I have been honest and i was honestly dissapointed with your support today - though I thought the few big timers at the front were quite amusing ,they seemed less than keen when invited into the longside.

Didn't see a plane pre the match to be honest - what time did it fly over?

Jesus Christ it could have been worse we could have had some @#/? running on the pitch to front a burnley player only to bottle it and punch a WPC  mad.gif

What a complete prick and coward he was, lets hope the coppers gave him a right good slap down the nick.

could have been worse I guess - he could have been throwing coins.

Sorry to say it guys but you were quiet today - and I say that not to have a go but as a serious statement - I've heard a quarter the number of fans you had in today make 4 times the noise you managed.

Thought the result was fair but there can be little argument you had the better scoring chances - and by the way the pitch was the same for both teams

In fact why don`t you (Please don't use that word again) off and die you inbred neandertal ###### Burnley ###### piece.

Put a couple of paracetamol and a glass of water by your bed now so that you don't have to bother fetching them in the morning.

Jesus Christ it could have been worse we could have had some @#/? running on the pitch to front a burnley player only to bottle it and punch a WPC  mad.gif

What a complete prick and coward he was, lets hope the coppers gave him a right good slap down the nick.

could have been worse I guess - he could have been throwing coins.

rolleyes.gif Somehow I doubt it.

well just got back from SJP after giving chelsea a lesson in football wink.gif

anyway gonn watch the rovers game now on video, hope its better that 5 live were saying or i could be asleep by 11pm thumbs-up.gif anyway good to see some good natured banter between the inbreads is that banjos i hear laugh.gif

heres hoping we get the easy draw tomorrow, i dont care which but rovers would be better cool.gif

astalavista baby cool.gif

Funny that Londgsider I've been speaking to Burnley mates who think Rovers were one of the most vocal teams at the Turd this season....at least have the balls to be honest in you summary.

Here's an honest opinion......your HOME support is 'two-bob' at best.

you know something sg you are one mouthy fecker -are you always this hard or just when you have the ether to protect you? Theres no chance of you seeing me at deadwood - you know you wouldn;t dare meet face to face

Your 'Burnley' mates were probably amongst the thousands there today who haven't been near in 20 years - unless you count the Man U game a couple of years ago.

I have been honest and i was honestly dissapointed with your support today - though I thought the few big timers at the front were quite amusing ,they seemed less than keen when invited into the longside.

Didn't see a plane pre the match to be honest - what time did it fly over?

Truth hurts eh.

''Your 'Burnley' mates were probably amongst the thousands there today who haven't been near in 20 years - unless you count the Man U game a couple of years ago.''

If nothing else I admire your honesty in backing up my point about your'two-bob' support...cheers kid.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

just got back from the 5 hour drive back from the dingle den

turned out that 'guest of Burnley FC' meant a ticket amongst the longsiders. I know there's been a bit of banter about the noise at the match but seriously who thinks "b*stards, b*stards, b*stards" is a clever chant?

inbred bunch of thugs. If that's what going to football was all about I would go to a lot more cricket.

I hope we slaughter them at ewood

Having made the Yorkshire -> Lancashire -> Yorkshire -> Lancashire -> Yorkshire journey and then re-watched it on TV I'm not going to spend any more time thinking about the football. It was dreadful, lets leave it at that.

As for coin chucking, something everyone missed was a missile (coin or lighter) being chucked from the Longside at the linesman that a steward then went and retrieved AND PASSED IT BACK TO THE FANS ! I was hoping the beeb had captured that, but sadly not.

As for the crowd, it was obvious the Longside was singing (from the body motions), but we often couldn't hear you because of our own noise. I'm guessing you were exactly the same. On the beeb coverge I've just watched I'd have said the number of audible songs per side was pretty even, but then, you did have three sides of the ground.

..... and just what did your little clone island army hope to achieve by refusing to leave at the end ? It was nice to keep us company and getting repeatedly slapped by the OB was quite funny, but honestly ? Why bother ?

jees we were joking about resetting our watches by 15 years and lo and behold the music pre game and half time lol....dexys,bon jovi ,queen ,.....WHERE WAS BROSS??

AND AS FOR THE KNOB IN THE FLASHER MAC....

banjos at the ready

Edited by ABBEY

The first plane I saw sported a banner reading

Up the Clarets - The Burnley Collective

Whatever that means blink.gif

Half time plane said - Accrington Stanley - Pride of Lancashire...

Nicce idea girls but about 20 years too late, but pRobably gave both teams the biggest laugh of the day. (other than maggot doing the nude breakdancing)

Half time plane said -  Accrington Stanley - Pride of Lancashire...

Nicce idea girls but about 20 years too late, but pRobably gave both teams the biggest laugh of the day.  (other than maggot doing the nude breakdancing)

The Major of Burnley will get re-elected thanks to his naked break dancing biggrin.gif

Try getting your facts right first inbred.

Will agree about the crowd I thought we were very quiet. Not as bad as Zak and the lads but still very poor.

Try getting your facts right first inbred.

Looks like you've been wronged again Dingle, i think you'd better start reading the bed time story from now on, because whilst you keep letting your sister do it, your eyes just arent going to improve...masturbation been bad for the eyes and all that.

Half time plane said -  Accrington Stanley - Pride of Lancashire...

Nicce idea girls but about 20 years too late, but pRobably gave both teams the biggest laugh of the day.   (other than maggot doing the nude breakdancing)

The Major of Burnley will get re-elected thanks to his naked break dancing biggrin.gif

haha excellent

The whole day was a bit of an anti-climax to be honest.

The atmosphere was nothing like as good as the last meeting at Turf Moor. Our support seemed as flat as pancakes for most of the game. Too many day-trippers this time around. There was even a large section of our support sat down for the whole match. But Longsider and his numpty mates can have no room to crow as Burnley's support was worse. They only ever reacted to our songs and hardly ever seemed to start their own chants, and when they did sing we could hardly hear them and easily drowned them out. Ewood will be better next week.

The match was completely lacking in quality. On a bog of a pitch neither side could pass the ball well enough to create chances and both teams cancelled each other out. We were marginally the better team in the first half, they were marginally the better team in the second. We did, however, have the only real clear-cut chance of the game, but Dickov missed it.

After saying that I was reluctantly impressed by Burnley. They tried to play football and reminded me of us - good in defence, neat in midfield, complete lack of cutting edge up front. They are a much better side than the team we met last time around.

We defended very well when we had to and restricted Burnley to nothing more than half chances. Nelsen in particular looked top quality again. I also thought Neill had a good game for once.

We lost the midfield battle at times against Burnley's extra man but held our own for the most part. Savage was immense again and was our man of the match. Tugay frequently disappeared and both wide men had good spells but flattered to deceive most of the time.

We were poor up front again. Gallagher was terrible and looked out of his depth, and Dickov worked hard but failed to hold the ball and link up play well enough. Why was Johnson the only attacking option on the bench? Where was Stead or Jansen?

We were poor today but we didn't lose and we're still in the cup. I've no doubt we'll play better in the replay on a proper pitch with our home crowd behind us. The question is can Burnley play better? I'm not sure they can but I guess time will tell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.