BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage Retires

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing that struck me is Tosh still sends `Telegrams`. He really must have his finger on the pulse of the modern hi-tec lifestyle of the 21st century international football coach.

"Hey Tosh, Savage broke his leg last night, shall we text him some grief?"

"Nah"

"Oh go on boss, lets email him a bit of banter-remember all the jip he gave you on that Radio Wrexham podcast?"

"Nah"

"At least lets ring him up, tell him he'll never be the same again?"

"Nah. Get me one of them there new fangled Telegrams, like what the Queen sends you when you're a hundred. That'll capture the zeitgeist and I'll stun him with my famous stories about me and Keegan, and how me and Leighton James got Swansea up and down the entire football league 4 divisions in 10 months."

HA ROBBIE YOU BROKE YER LEG YOU DID....STOP....YOU WONT PLAY MUCH AGAIN...STOP...HA HA...STOP..ha ha...stop..etc...etc...etc...STOP

"That'll show him"

"Boss, you've lost it again haven't you?"

"yes."

"Pass me another cake and chips Leighton."

Anybody know where that link is to the superb Sav v Leighton James radio interview? James totally lost it it was hilarious and really should be permanently linked on here somewhere.

Found it.................. Hilarious! This really should be kept on Mboard Gold.

http://replay.gmgradio.com/player.gmg?id=67

btw Leighton James is up before the beak on Thursday for drink driving! I bet Sav wont be offering him a lift home! ^_^

Edited by thenodrog

Sav: How can a modern day manager, in this day and age, not have a mobile phone?

James: Why should he?

And even better..

"So now we know why you let him on the radio, to have a pop at me so you all could join in. Well, carry on guys. Go on then, have a pop at me!"

He just loses the plot completely doesn't he? :lol:

Messageboard Gold material, easily!

"So now we know why you let him on the radio, to have a pop at me so you all could join in. Well, carry on guys. Go on then, have a pop at me!"

He just loses the plot completely doesn't he? :lol:

Messageboard Gold material, easily!

Just a pity that the original phone link with Sav got allegedly 'cut off' for 10 mins <_< just after the above quote and just as James was about to explode big time. He'd composed himself somewhat by the time the link was 'restored'.

I dont think 'Macca' could recognise a good player if his very life depended on it.

Why are you putting 'Macca'? Do you have a probablem with me shortening names? If I put Derbs or Dunny would you have a go at me then? :angry::angry::angry:

Tosh should learn to be a proper manager and pick the best players! :angry: That goes for Macca as well! :angry:

Why are you putting 'Macca'? Do you have a probablem with me shortening names? If I put Derbs or Dunny would you have a go at me then? :angry::angry::angry:

Eh? What are you on about?

btw 5 angry smileys in two short posts?!? I think you may need to consider counselling.

• 3 months later...

Savage's timing hasn't been the best in this case. He's chosen to launch his latest attack on John Toshack on the eve of a game in which Wales have recorded their biggest away victory for 11 years.

Toshack says that he's delighted with the performance of his Welsh players in Wednesday night's 5-2 win over Slovakia, with Craig Bellamy coming in for particular praise - Toshack describing him as "scintillating". Bellamy scored two on the night and was denied a hat-trick towards the end when he hit the post.

Given that Slovakia are 35 places ahead of Wales in the FIFA rankings, it was an impressive result for the Welsh tonight. Perhaps Savage should just concentrate on playing well for Rovers and not worrying about continuing his feud with Toshack in the press.

sixteen.gif

Bellamy was incredible tonight, his pace frightened the ###### out of the Slovakian defense and they had no answer to him.

Eastwood and Bellamy looks a well good strike pairing for the future of welsh football.

wales were out played tonight and just took their chances, the majority of the welsh fans don't like tosh and he will walk out sooner rather than later imo.

also it was nice to see the ex rover Gresko again, he always gave 110% for blackburn imo.

I watched Slovakia beat France in a friendly recently and they were a tidy outfit. Remarkable result for Wales- didn't Slovakia win 5-0 in Cardiff recently?

Yeah 5-1 last october.

It was wales worst defeat since 1908 and will be remembered because paul jones was making his 50th cap in goal and had the number 50 shaved on his head and played an absolute nightmare between the sticks that day.

Edited by Presty On Tour

• 3 weeks later...
I have a mate from Tredegar who hates any success in Welsh football whatsoever because in his opinion it detracts emphasis away from their national sport. There are many like him in that neck of the woods too.

In the light of the Fiji result, which "national sport" is that then?

Making sheep feel extremely nervous?

:wub:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.