SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dizzy doesnt turn his form around in this test he should be dropped. I dont know why Kaspa isnt playing instead of Diz anyway. A tough decision for the selectors for sure, but they need to get some balls and stop flogging this dead horse.

If Dizzy doesnt turn his form around in this test he should be dropped. I dont know why Kaspa isnt playing instead of Diz anyway.  A tough decision for the selectors for sure, but they need to get some balls and stop flogging this dead horse.

338196[/snapback]

The Aussies are getting nervous - love it!

I think Bell has played very well - 45 minutes without a score - but never panicked played lad.

What should we be looking at 500-600? Its a lot slower than edgebaston but if we're still in by this time tomorrow.......

but if we're still in by this time tomorrow.......

338234[/snapback]

I thought the idea of going on the second day was it gave a chance of seeing both sides bat? Right I'm off to buy the picnic, sun cream and pack the cool box. smile.gif Can't wait.

Hoggard did his job OK. At least Freddie didn't have to come out tonight and Old Trafford will be packed before the players emerge in the morning.

What price a Freddie first ball duck?

Excellent day for England today- we're on for either a good total or a massive total tomorrow.

Thought Bell did great to be honest and will hopefully push on from this. Hoggard did a job and stopped Freddie coming in so no complaints for me. Shame about Pietersen but it's his style I suppose. Vaughan was just fantastic. Best bit of the day was Gilchrist tipping Vaughan for four only for McGrath to go one better and uproot his middle stump off a no ball. Can't wait for tomorrow.

The other thing today did was allow Harmison and Flintoff an extra day's rest after their efforts at Edgbaston. Could prove invaluable when they eventually bowl tomorrow.

Day one to England - what will tomorrow bring? I'll settle for a cheeky ton from Freddie followed by Harmi ripping the heart out of the Aussie batting order. thumbs-up.gif

I thought it telling the confusion over whether to take the new ball. Ponting didn't seem to know what to do and it seemed just to waste time and squander opportunities to get a few wickets. Ponting and the Aussies do seem somewhat rattled and are making uncharacteristic mistakes.

saw Gary Neville and Roy Keane at OT today

They could be useful if Freddie gets going....why you may ask?

because if Freddie starts hitting 6's and breaking windows than Neville and Keane can get in touch with the Glaziers!

Just back and had a few pints of the golden stuff smile.gif

great days entertainment for English fans, not so good if your a watching Aussie fan. The chances they put down were amazing and England rode their luck on the crest of a wave.

Pointers of today for me:

Vaughans 166

bells fighting spirit after being dropped and bullied by the Ausie bowlers

trescothicks fine shots

The spirit of the Australians is amazing. To watch and listen to them is a cricketing lesson. They fight so hard, they play hard and that is why they have been the undisputable number 1 team in the cricket world.

To top my day off I spoke to the legend that is the walking tash - Merv Hughes.

there is no doubt he is a very proud Australian but he and the other Aussies have one thing in common, they fully respect the way that the English cricketing Board have turned this current crop of players into potential world beaters. He says the spirit and camadare within the English camp is amazing. The only downside of big Merv was that he couldnt have a drink with anymember of our party due to his committments after the game.

A right royal pleasure tinykit.gif

Enjoy paul - wear your rovers shirt - ill be looking for you

338245[/snapback]

Now there's a thought, probably the one with Hendry on the back. We are in E3, row 9.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.