SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, we have been recognised at the highest level as the greatest SPORTING team (not just cricket but all sports) in the world

344738[/snapback]

Idiotic.

Recognised by whom ? Not anyone in this country, who generally regard Australians as boors.

And what is the highest level ? Government ? The bloke upstairs ?

The greatest team in all sports ? Odd then that you're crap at football, THE world game.

You are good at two things though: whingeing and losing badly. Masters of the art in fact.

The greatest team in all sports ? Odd then that you're crap at football, THE world game. 

344858[/snapback]

I think he means compared to other sports as well, as in the best team in the world for any sport.

Am I right neekoy?

Idiotic.

Recognised by whom ? Not anyone in this country, who generally regard Australians as boors.

You are good at two things though: whingeing and losing badly. Masters of the art in fact.

344858[/snapback]

Don't let the oaf worry you Neekoy.

In fact it's best to ignore him because soon enough matron will give him some valium.

Remember this is the chap who thinks this is the worst Australian touring team ever.

What he fails to acknowledge is that this is a vastly improved England team.What he also fails to acknowledge is that the ECB turned to the leading Test nation a few years ago and hired Rodney Marsh.

Saddened by the state of English cricket and at a time when there were calls to reduce the number of games in a series vs England,Marsh took up the challenge.

Marsh helped set up and ran the national academy and until recently was a Test selector.

But what does the ECB know?It's not the highest level of cricket after all.

The highest level is some crony old hack and his ilk who, when England start losing a few Tests,will stick the knife in and deride the players and management.

Anyway here endeth the lesson.Roll on Thursday and the last game in an enthralling series.

Edited by SouthAussieRover

344858[/snapback]

Of course we're good at whinging....

...you guys taught us everything we need to know tongue.gif

Idiotic.

344858[/snapback]

Well as a matter of fact the Australian Cricket Team was voted Team of the Year by Laureus in 2002 (otherwise known as the oscars of world sport)

And as far as your comment about no one from England recognising this fact maybe you should see the list of the voting members of Laureus under the letter B for Botham

I am good at two things though: Getting my facts right and putting little old men back in their box

Of course we're good at whinging....

...you guys taught us everything we need to know  tongue.gif

344924[/snapback]

You do appear to have taken it to another level though don't you?

It's not fair, those nasty Englishmen have a substitute fielder on and he is actually good at fielding. We would never do a thing like that. Unless we were at home. With a wealth of talent to choose from. Or one of our batsmen has a bad back.

Ponting sounds pathetic, as does McGrath. It is quite sad really as I had a lot of respect for Glen McGrath before this tour, now he just sounds like a whinging moaning rock-breaker trying desperately to explain away the fact that his side are getting beaten by a very good English team that has already beaten all comers and is now going to add the world champions to its list of vanquished foes.

It wouldn't actuallly kill them to admit that we are better than they are. Your rugby players managed it, although obviously your prime minister was less than impressed with the fact.

Still, with your breeding, what can we expect?

Edited by Cheshireblue

It's not fair, those nasty Englishmen have a substitute fielder on and he is actually good at fielding. We would never do a thing like that. Unless we were at  home. With a wealth of talent to choose from. Or one of our batsmen has a bad back.

344962[/snapback]

What was wrong with Chris Tremlett?

Being the twelth man surely he should have been the substitute fielder.

Expect the loophole being expoited by England to be closed by the ICC.

Sky Sports news are reporting that Simon Jones is out of hte 5th test and he his on his way home after failing a fitness test this morning. If true thats a blow, i say stick Collingwood in strenghten the batting and he's a more than useful bowler and great fielder.

Edited by Rovers_4_life

You do appear to have taken it to another level though don't you?

It's not fair, those nasty Englishmen have a substitute fielder on and he is actually good at fielding. We would never do a thing like that. Unless we were at  home. With a wealth of talent to choose from. Or one of our batsmen has a bad back.

Ponting sounds pathetic, as does McGrath. It is quite sad really as I had a lot of respect for Glen McGrath before this tour, now he just sounds like a whinging moaning rock-breaker trying desperately to explain away the fact that his side are getting beaten by a very good English team that has already beaten all comers and is now going to add the world champions to its list of vanquished foes.

It wouldn't actuallly kill them to admit that we are better than they are. Your rugby players managed it, although obviously your prime minister was less than impressed with the fact.

Still, with your breeding, what can we expect?

344962[/snapback]

Now your whinging that we are whinging

Keep your crown Princes of the Pertinacious

What was wrong with Chris Tremlett?

Being the twelth man surely he should have been the substitute fielder.

Expect the loophole being expoited by England to be closed by the ICC.

344982[/snapback]

Because it is better for Tremlett to play for his county than sit on his arse. He is not on tour. Check the records and you will find we have used about 15-20 subs this tour. It would be unfair to deprive the counties of players for too long and not beneficial to the players either. If we were truly cheating we would have had Collingwood as sub all summer. Face it if you were winning Ponting would not have said a word. Just a poor loser.

Because it is better for Tremlett to play for his county than sit on his arse.  He is not on tour.  Check the records and you will find we have used about 15-20 subs this tour.  It would be unfair to deprive the counties of players for too long and not beneficial to the players either.  If we were truly cheating we would have had Collingwood as sub all summer.  Face it if you were winning Ponting would not have said a word.  Just a poor loser.

345010[/snapback]

Would the aussies still be moaning if collingwood was on as 12th man and he is the best fielder apart from clarke out of both teames

And did those feet in ancient time

Walk upon England's mountains green?

And was the holy Lamb of God

On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the countenance divine

Shine forth upon our clouded hills?

And was Jerusalem builded here

Among those dark satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!

Bring me my arrows of desire!

Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!

Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,

Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,

Till we have built Jerusalem

In England's green and pleasant land.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.