BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Major Incident In London

Guest Kamy100

Left York races last weekend and spotted a drunk stereotypical "lad" leaning into the open car door of two scared looking asain youths, as we passed he said "don't worry, I was just 'avin' a word 'bout the bom'in's ) and walked off. 6 of one and all that.

There will be no riots any time soon, nobody riots in bad weather ! (and you think I'm joking, look at the stats).

335735[/snapback]

In my line of work, you get to see the warning signs...

I agree 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, but it doesn't take much to set them off in Oldham and Burnley.

I know you aren't joking about the weather, but some weather reports are suggesting better weather next month...

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know when the death penalty was removed in the UK, it did remain for treason and arson in the queens naval yard, which dates back to when our fleet was made of wood.

I would imagine you are right though that these two charges would now not be dealt with by execution.

335705[/snapback]

Quite recently those anacrohnisms were amended (actually think they were for acts of High Treason and relating to Piracy on the high seas which would also relate to the naval yards ashore) and there is now no offence that carries the death penalty in the UK.

There will be no riots any time soon, nobody riots in bad weather ! (and you think I'm joking, look at the stats).

335735[/snapback]

One of the festival 'riots' in our very own city was in the rain.

To see so many police officers on the streets of London and at suburban railway stations has been very reassuring. Up to 5,000 offficers, many armed, at any one time with only 150 reportedly drafted in from home counties forces. Clearly vast amounts of paperwork and form-filling have been put to one side to facillitate this show of strength. Isn't it time that police paperwork was permanently reduced to put more bobbies on the street?

A large part of Liverpool was evacuated today as an 'unusual' item in a parked car was reported to the authorities. Police later confirmed it was a tax disc.

cool.gif

Here , here .... thumbs-up.gif

336486[/snapback]

In regards to Scousers comments biggrin.gif

In regard to Bens and Phils, absolutely, if you dont like the Uk, theres the exit, mind the door doesnt hit your arse on the way out.

They shud all be Deported and shot.

336483[/snapback]

I've got to say I've got a bit of a problem with that solution. It doesn't quite stand up to any sort of analysis

If they dont like britain then dont fukin live here.

Whereas that is clear, concise, and hits the nail on the head.

In regards to Scousers comments biggrin.gif

In regard to Bens and Phils, absolutely, if you dont like the Uk, theres the exit, mind the door doesnt hit your arse on the way out.

336526[/snapback]

The thing is they ain't gonna go whilst the law allows them to stay here. Laws which looked after genuine refugees following WW2 are now clearly being exploited by extremists. Time for some action from the government and lets have some decent border controls put in place while we're at it.

"The 'rules of the game are changing' in the wake of the London bomb attacks. The Home Secretary will have greater freedom to exclude and deport foreigners preaching hate and violence. And ministers were also looking at strengthening powers to deal with home-grown fanatics, Mr Blair announced.

If necessary MPs will be recalled from their lengthy summer break and the UK could renounce parts of the European Convention on Human Rights, the Prime Minister pledged. Coming to Britain is not a right and even when people have come here staying here carries with it a duty," he said.

"That duty is to share and support the values that sustain the British way of life. Those that break that duty and try and incite or engage in violence against our country or our people have no place here.

At a pre-holiday press conference in Downing Street, Mr Blair outlined wide-ranging action in 12 areas. The key was dealing with the foreign extremists who provide the "ideological drive" for British fanatics such as the London suicide bombers, he said. Clerics coming in to preach at British mosques will have to be vetted to ensure they do not pose a threat while those already here will be deported, the Prime Minister said.

British courts have previously refused to return anyone who faces the threat of torture or death in their home country. The Government is now working on agreements with 10 such countries so they can be sent back.

The Government will repeatedly test the new arrangements in the courts, but if problems remained then Britain's interpretation of the convention could be changed, he pledged.

"

Tony Blair 05/08/05

"The other dangerous delusion from which those who are wilfully or otherwise blind to realities suffer, is summed up in the word "integration". To be integrated into a population means to become for all practical purposes indistinguishable from its other members. Now, at all times, where there are marked physical differences, especially of colour, integration is difficult though, over a period, not impossible. There are among the Commonwealth immigrants who have come to live here in the last fifteen years or so, many thousands whose wish and purpose is to be integrated and whose every thought and endeavour is bent in that direction. But to imagine that such a thing enters the heads of a great and growing majority of immigrants and their descendants is a ludicrous misconception, and a dangerous one.

We are on the verge here of a change. Hitherto it has been force of circumstance and of background which has rendered the very idea of integration inaccessible to the greater part of the immigrant population - that they never conceived or intended such a thing, and that their numbers and physical concentration meant the pressures towards integration which normally bear upon any small minority did not operate.

Now we are seeing the growth of positive forces acting against integration, of vested interests in the preservation and sharpening of racial and religious differences, with a view to the exercise of actual domination, first over fellow-immigrants and then over the rest of the population."

Enoch Powell 20/04/68

Hmmm blink.gif

Edited by thenodrog

The 'rules of the game are changing' in the wake of the London bomb attacks.  The Home Secretary will have greater freedom to exclude and deport foreigners preaching hate and violence. And ministers were also looking at strengthening powers to deal with home-grown fanatics, Mr Blair announced.

If necessary MPs will be recalled from their lengthy summer break and the UK could renounce parts of the European Convention on Human Rights, the Prime Minister pledged.  Coming to Britain is not a right and even when people have come here staying here carries with it a duty," he said. 

"The Government will repeatedly test the new arrangements in the courts, but if problems remained then Britain's interpretation of the convention could be changed, he pledged."

Tony Blair 05/08/05

Hmmm  blink.gif

336974[/snapback]

Tony Bliar hates our freedom... unsure.gif

Hopefully he's just saying this to get favourable headlines in the Sun/Mail/Express & has no real intention of repealing the HRA 1998... However, going on this government's civil liberties record (ID cards, house arrest, indefinite detention in HMP Belmarsh, banning protests within 1 km of Parliament), I fear the worst. sad.gif

On 7th July, he said "We will not allow violence to change our society and values..."

Looks like another lie from our beloved Prime Minister.

There's also this interesting comment I found on a blog

... people will now be able to be deported for "fostering hatred, advocating violence to further a person's beliefs or justifying or validating such violence". All very well and good. But considering the government's line over the last few weeks has been "if you say Iraq is a reason for why London was attacked, you're giving excuses for and justifying the attacks" it's a tad worrying. What, exactly, counts as "justifying" these days?

if you say Iraq is a reason for why London was attacked, you're giving excuses for and justifying the attacks" it's a tad worrying. What, exactly, counts as "justifying" these days?

That could have come straight from the pages of the daily mail.

"The 'rules of the game are changing' in the wake of the London bomb attacks.  The Home Secretary will have greater freedom to exclude and deport foreigners preaching hate and violence. And ministers were also looking at strengthening powers to deal with home-grown fanatics, Mr Blair announced.

If necessary MPs will be recalled from their lengthy summer break and the UK could renounce parts of the European Convention on Human Rights, the Prime Minister pledged.  Coming to Britain is not a right and even when people have come here staying here carries with it a duty," he said. 

"That duty is to share and support the values that sustain the British way of life. Those that break that duty and try and incite or engage in violence against our country or our people have no place here.

At a pre-holiday press conference in Downing Street, Mr Blair outlined wide-ranging action in 12 areas. The key was dealing with the foreign extremists who provide the "ideological drive" for British fanatics such as the London suicide bombers, he said.  Clerics coming in to preach at British mosques will have to be vetted to ensure they do not pose a threat while those already here will be deported, the Prime Minister said.

British courts have previously refused to return anyone who faces the threat of torture or death in their home country.  The Government is now working on agreements with 10 such countries so they can be sent back.

The Government will repeatedly test the new arrangements in the courts, but if problems remained then Britain's interpretation of the convention could be changed, he pledged. 

"

Tony Blair 05/08/05

"The other dangerous delusion from which those who are wilfully or otherwise blind to realities suffer, is summed up in the word "integration". To be integrated into a population means to become for all practical purposes indistinguishable from its other members. Now, at all times, where there are marked physical differences, especially of colour, integration is difficult though, over a period, not impossible. There are among the Commonwealth immigrants who have come to live here in the last fifteen years or so, many thousands whose wish and purpose is to be integrated and whose every thought and endeavour is bent in that direction. But to imagine that such a thing enters the heads of a great and growing majority of immigrants and their descendants is a ludicrous misconception, and a dangerous one.

We are on the verge here of a change. Hitherto it has been force of circumstance and of background which has rendered the very idea of integration inaccessible to the greater part of the immigrant population - that they never conceived or intended such a thing, and that their numbers and physical concentration meant the pressures towards integration which normally bear upon any small minority did not operate.

Now we are seeing the growth of positive forces acting against integration, of vested interests in the preservation and sharpening of racial and religious differences, with a view to the exercise of actual domination, first over fellow-immigrants and then over the rest of the population."

Enoch Powell 20/04/68

Hmmm  blink.gif

336974[/snapback]

If you can't see the difference between the two quotes then you're thicker than I thought - and that is really saying something.

One is condemning extremism, one is tarring all immigrants, extremist or not, with the same brush.

Right or wrong,I find the concept of allowing Terrorists,whose sole aim is to murder

innocents,the right to even basic 'human rights' very,very difficult to come to terms with.

I personally applaud Blair's speech yesterday,and like the silent majority of this country wish these measures were in place yesterday.The time has come for action..........

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Right or wrong,I find the concept of allowing Terrorists,whose sole aim is to murder

innocents,the right to even basic 'human rights' very,very difficult to come to terms with.

337049[/snapback]

How do you define someone as a "terrorist" and not a "freedom fighter"?

Just becasue someone is classed as a "terrorist" by a government doesn't make it so. After allm, Nelson Mandela was classed as a "terrorist" by the South Africans & so he'd be under a control order/in Belmarsh... ph34r.gif

If you can't see the difference between the two quotes then you're thicker than I thought - and that is really saying something.

One is condemning extremism, one is tarring all immigrants, extremist or not, with the same brush.

337010[/snapback]

eh? Thick? Right well if you are an example of 'clever' then I am glad that I'm thick! I'll quote the relevent bit again (patient sigh)and this time Brains, try to read more s l o w l y.

Quote (again) "There are among the Commonwealth immigrants who have come to live here in the last fifteen years or so, many thousands whose wish and purpose is to be integrated and whose every thought and endeavour is bent in that direction. But to imagine that such a thing enters the heads of a great and growing majority of immigrants and their descendants is a ludicrous misconception, and a dangerous one."

Hardly tarring all with the same brush Scotty! Absorbed it fully now have you? Powells observation of almost 40 years ago has proven to be spot on to anybody who has not had their head stuck up their own arse recently. You really should try to cultivate an open mind as you're embittered and blinkered views do you no credit whatsoever.

You really should try to cultivate an open mind as you're embittered and blinkered views do you no credit whatsoever.

337089[/snapback]

laugh.giflaugh.gif Your views always do you tremendous credit of course Theno. Or should I say Thicko. biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.