SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Major Incident In London

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had my brother on the phone, it's definately not down to a power surge. He is working near one of the stations and said that he has heard a few loud bangs. He is basically crapping himself at the moment. He's just jumped in the van and trying to get out of central London

Guest Kamy100

Radio 5 live reporting that there are unconfirmed reports that a bomb exploded in a litter bin near Russell Square.

Guest Kamy100

Press Association are reporting that Underground Union Officials are saying that these incidents are due to "explosive devices".

BBC is still going with 'Power surge' on its website.

329703[/snapback]

Its not been updated since 10am though.

Its wait and see time, plenty of fuss and wait for the real info to start emerging.

Cant get much sense out of PA News feed

Guest Kamy100

This is looking like it is castarophic. London Ambulance service is reporting that it is only dealing with life threatening injuries.

1) My wife was travelling up to central London this morning and I cannot reach her

2) The explosions seem to be between Edgware Road and Aldgate on the metropolitan line and thankfully she would not be in that area at that time

3) All telephone lines are jammed- its the same effect as 9/11; for two days it was easier to ring Afghanistan than anywhere in the USA at that time.

4) So if you're trying to London, it is a function of busy lines- try e-mail or skype

It was definately a power surge on the tube. I was on the piccadilly line when it happened, and it fried the monitors in our driver's cab. What the cause of the power surge was is another matter.

Reports from friends of colleagues that the explosion near Russell square shook their building, but TV pictures don't show any damage to the surrounding buildings.

Also, I can't get any mobile service at all, probably due to sheer volume (i'm in oxford circus)

Could be fun getting home tonight...

DMF, there's a good chance that some phone lines have been cut. Just hope and pray.

329741[/snapback]

Hope so, they are literally feet away from Russell Square. Im presuming they have been evacuated. Just looking on our system cos this is where we come into play with emergency co-ordination etc, put a sh!tload of coaches on standby in area. It really looks bad

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.