SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Major Incident In London

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a grip of yourself, take time to engage your brain, and stop spouting @#/?.

As for AESF's re-hashing of the BBC News site - well only him would seek to take advantage of an attack like this to post yet more of his racist drivel.

329933[/snapback]

You could do worse than heed your own advice Scotty in fact read my post to Sharrock down south earlier. AESF in his post said nothing racist whatsoever and I would ask you to inform us all where you think he did.

Which part of my post was "racist" ?

I have re-read it again and I can't see anything "racist" at all.

329961[/snapback]

I agree with you AESF. It's not racist, but it is sensationalist. And that does grate with me a little.

Firstly, condolences to anyone who has been affected by this terrible tragedy today.

The people actually responsible for today deserve nothing but pure contempt from all right thinking citizens and are not worth the energy to be honest.

However , the people who I've heard on radio phone ins today (Vine on Radio 2), a long standing work colleague, and the authors of various other things I've read are the people to really worry about when they imply that it was purely retaliation and was fully deserved.

I'm confident that the terrorist can never and will never win, but the loony lefty Guardian readers who hold up George Galloway as some sort of hero really do concern me.

Whatever people's views on the war in Iraq there can be NO excusing atrocities such as this.

One day , hopefully , even the most excitable and immature among us will realise that the issues at the heart of this matter are everything to with religious and cultural matters and absolutely NOTHING to do with race .

People have been so brainwashed by the incessant stupid propoganda by the race relations industry over the years that they believe everything can be explained and cured by pointing the finger and shouting "racist" . It can't because racism has nothing to with it .

I agree with you AESF. It's not racist, but it is sensationalist. And that does grate with me a little.

329983[/snapback]

I agree. Perhaps racist was the wrong word - however, that was the first word that came to mind because of the general tone and undercurrent of the post, bearing in mind a number of AESF's previous posts.

And I completely agree with Blue Phil above, this has nothing to do with race at all.

Edited by Scotty

Right, I'm about to try and head home from Westminster. I think it's going to be a hour and a half walk to Paddington and then see if any services are running out to Slough (which according to the website they are).

Good luck to all travelling home tonight and if you are working tomorrow, hope it's a better day.

An Islamic extremist group has claimed responsibility for the atrocity.....wake up sleepy head Scotty. rolleyes.gif

329991[/snapback]

And as previously said, if you read back, a lot will want to claim the publicity for this.

BTW Scotty, I'm sure that you're delighted with our new signing Craig Bellamy - who was previously arrested for racist abuse against an Asian/Muslim guy outside a Cardiff nightclub.

Personally, whenever I encounter Asians/Muslims in newsagents, curry houses or other areas within my daily life, I always make a point of being especially polite to them - as I don't blame the individual immigrants themselves for coming to Britain.

I only blame the politicians for allowing mass immigration into this country.

And I dislike the fact that by questioning this policy of mass immigration (in a perfectly legitimate non-abusive way) people like yourself come out with the "racist" line, (which you have now admitted was the wrong word to use.)

I'm perfectly entitled to my views, which are shared by millions of people in the country. Please cut out the personal attacks on other board members.

I'm perfectly entitled to my views, which are shared by millions of people in the country. Please cut out the personal attacks on other board members.

329998[/snapback]

I'm sorry to be blunt AESF, but I have to put this into context... in light of what has happened today, and the general injustices that occur everyday in the world, what Scotty has posted hardly constitutes an attack.

I offer as advise that you be less sensitive, although it is obviously very much in your nature to be so.

WOW Terrible events..I was staying in Kings Cross last night, checked out of hotel at 850am, got in my car driving along the Euston rd towards M1..There were people running out of the tube station as I went past and then the same as I went up the Finchley Rd...

Luckily for me missed the chaos by minutes and got out of the city, unfortunately there are others not as lucky

Pointless waste of lives

I havent even bothered to read the thread - ive just got in from work but

1) ASEF is blaming mass imigration for the attacks

2) Someone (im guesing Scotty ) called him racist

3) ASEF got all upset because he couldnt plagarise a number of articles to make a 1500 word post as a retort so got huffy instead

4) Flopsy makes a pithy and uneccessary post because well, theres nothing else to do.

Commiserations to all those who have lost loved ones.

Not surprisingly, London was a strange place today.

No buses, no Underground, fewer cars than usual, and because of that the streets were teeming. People, people, people, walking everywhere.

Most were silent, quietly going about their daily routine. It made for a very strange atmosphere.

After the euphoria of yesterday, now this.

@#/?s.

Mr Bakri Mohammed came to Britain in 1985 after having been deported from Saudi Arabia because of his membership of a banned group. He has since been given leave by the Home Office to remain in Britain for the next five years.

"People like to call it suicide bombing," Bakri says. "We call it self sacrifice. You must fight for the way of Allah - to kill first and be killed."

329925[/snapback]

Why doesn't he do us all a favour and top himself, preferably in a room full of his converts?

Not sure what the Powell-allegory was for either, don't think it was anything to do with SS Windrush or controlled immigration. It's to do with religious nutters. They could be people visiting the country, second-generation immigrants, or people whose ancestors lived here and have converted to Islam.

Very shocking all round really.

The first i knew about it, was this morning when I was in a  conference. I had my phone on silent and I got a text asking if I was ok. I replied - 'fine thanks, how are you' !!

when I got another text 2 mins later saying the same thing, I relaised something was not right, so I went onto the WAP site on my phone to discover the news.

The fact that I live in kings cross and use that station most days, really brings it home.

The worst thing about today though, is a girl who has been doing some work experience with us for 2 weeks. She's from Marseille and is supposed to be here for 8 weeks.  We got word just over an hour ago that she was on the ground floor of the bus that was bombed. Thankfully, she's in hospital and is ok, although awaiting an operation on her knee.

A couple of us are just about to head over to the hospital to see if we can do anything for her.  The french embassy have also been amazing. They have called the hospital several times to get updates and offered to pay for her immediate flight home if she is able.

More on this when I know!

most of my friends down here that I've spoken to, are all of the opinion that we will be back at work first thing in the morning to show thos ******** that they can't break us.

hope everyone else based down here is ok.

cheers

Andy

329895[/snapback]

Cheers Andy, I'm OK and have accounted for everyone I can think of I know.

Hope your colleague at work makes a full recovery soon.

I work near Victoria and so wasn't aware of anything until the news came through at work. Was supposed to be playing five-a-side footy tonight but of course it was cancelled. Walking home and crossing West Minster Bridge was a very surreal experience. Not a bus in sight yet hoards of people marching on the streets to find their way home.

We will all be back at work tomorrow though, from the stock exchange at Bank to to the Lebanese Restaurants on Edgware Road.

cheers

Dave

Maybe , as a moderator , Flops , you should refrain from commenting until you have read the thread .... mad.gif

330023[/snapback]

I have now and to be honest my statement still stands - the thread and ASEF's comments are exactly what I expected it to be.

Im currently swaying between "musnt retaliate, it gives them exactly what they want."

to

" So they want a religious war? Fine lets give em one; nuke the ###### and then go in and brush up the dust."

However as im working on emotion thats a stupid thing so instead im going to give blood tomorrow because looking at the number of casualities they will have used a lot so they will need the stocks replenishing. I suggest everyone who can donates as well. Especially those with the less common blood groups.

I'm sorry to be blunt AESF, but I have to put this into context... in light of what has happened today, and the general injustices that occur everyday in the world, what Scotty has posted hardly constitutes an attack.

330012[/snapback]

Maybe in that context Shaddy but after me previously correcting Shorrock down south it was certainly inaccurate, personal and rude and as verified by what was 'perhaps' an apology of sorts, very ill-judged.

"As for AESF's re-hashing of the BBC News site - well only him would seek to take advantage of an attack like this to post yet more of his racist drivel."

Maybe in that context Shaddy but after me previously correcting Shorrock down south it was certainly inaccurate, personal and rude and as verified by what was 'perhaps' an apology of sorts, very ill-judged.

"As for AESF's re-hashing of the BBC News site - well only him would seek to take advantage of an attack like this to post yet more of his racist drivel."

330085[/snapback]

Good grief, you're hypocrisy knows no bounds does it? This from the king of rude, personal, and ill-judged comments. You keep trying to score points Theno and I'll keep treating you with the contempt you deserve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.