Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Major Incident In London

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racist??

Right boys and girls. Ive now read the thread (ta phil for the advice)

And to be honest if this degenerates into a slagging match between whos racist and who isnt / whether everyone who isnt christian and has a beard is a suicide bomber ill close the thread.

40+ people were blown to bits this morning in the streets and tunnels of London, its not an opening to try and score points against each other.

was that meant to be funny?

330100[/snapback]

Not at all. What I was trying to display is that Scotty is all too ready to childishly accuse AESF of racism just because his views are realistic and different to a lot of members on the board and is then hypocritcal enough to accuse Thenodrog of hypocrisy over insulting people on this board when he is one of the most insulting himself.

Silly boy, indeed... rolleyes.gif

Edited by tcj_jones

If somebody wishes to start a reasonable thread discussing the terrorist attacks in London that's fine by me.

I've been reading this off and on since this morning and it has now gone far enough.

Thank you smile.gif

A sad day for everyone in particular the victims and their families sad.gif

How cute of them the target innocents, children,workers,whites and coloureds,foreigners and tourists? How cute of them not to target the area in which it is proven that terrorism is preached to the highest order ?

FINSBURY PARK

I am startled to read that the likes of Bakri and co are still living in this country, are still spouting their utter crud and malice and are still being cared for with OUR taxes.

Today is the start of a new beginning.

Rid the country of the pc brigade

rid the country of these extremists

upset the do gooders with the above and send them on the next plane out with a one way ticket

Its time for the Home Secretary to make a positive decision. If he doesnt then the people will mad.gif

Ok, now that the usual quick fire people on here (no names - you know who you are) have had their two penneth, lets try for some reasoned debate.

First condolences to the casualties and their families.

Next, although of little comfort to those involved, we seem to have lesser carnage to that in Madrid, even if figures rise - a minor miracle considering much of this outrage was underground.

If events are at all related to Iraq as some media (inc Peter Allen - 5 Live ) are asking, let's consider the following....

Afghanistan and Iraq both unfolded after 9/11. So what triggered that fateful day?

I wonder if it was US foreign policy over many decades, all over the world, but principally in the Middle East.

Remember that Israel occupies Palestine, and that there are allegedly more Jews in New York than all of Israel.

If Spanish and British govts had allied more closely with the UN and not the US, I wonder if the attacks would have been avoided.

Many 1000's have been killed on BOTH sides in Iraq and most observers seem to accept that there were no weapons of mass destruction, (yet N Korea, Chile and Mugabe are left alone - no oil?).

The US is the most powerful nation and therefore easily able to dismiss global warming and African policies with ease. Easy then to see how little progress can be made and further atrocities inevitable with the US so protectionist.

I would rather see Britain aligned with the EU (if we could overcome our differences) , which would also create a far bigger and more democratic trading block than the US.

Edited by MCMC1875

My greatest fear that has resulted from the terrorist attacks of this morning are that this will simply be more fuel to the fire of the gun-slinging war on terror brigade. The last thing we needed at this point as everything was beginning to turn against them was more fear, anger and hatred that can simply help them to gain support.

What happened today was horrific, unjustified and barbaric. Sadly, I fear that the response of the world may well be to simply continue policies that will ensure that others will die, not only in the wars we decide to fight but because of future incidents of this sort.

Before I anger anyone I'm not saying to give into the terrorists, nothing of the sort. I just wish we could pursue a hardline policy that didn't include invading another country, I don't know whether the current political leaders are actually capable of doing such a thing.

I feel horrible for all of those who have been affected by the events of today and am glad to say that I'm not one of them. I hope that in the coming months they will be able to work through any injuries, phobias and the grieving process. I also hope that in response to their tragedy, and also what is a tragedy as a nation and a world, we take actions that do them justice, that can actually prevent this from happening again rather than simply pointing a finger and blowing things up whever it happens to land.

Not sure who this thread is for, to be honest.

I doubt anyone who's suffered as a result will be reading. It just looks liek a mud-slinging contest, with some call-to-arms rhetoric and right-on credentials thrown in for good measure.

sad.gif

I graduated today at 2.30. I don't know about my fellow graduates, but I felt anything but joyous.

A truly terrible act, the vulnerability of the Western world is all too real. These

f**king lunatics see us all as targets, no matter what our religious beliefs, political convictions or social class.

Tragic.

Edited by Rovermatt

I graduated today at 2.30. I don't know about my fellow graduates, but I felt anything but joyous.

A truly terrible act, the vulnerability of the Western world is all to real. These

f**king lunatics see us all as targets, no matter what our religious beliefs, political convictions or social class.

Tragic.

330185[/snapback]

Agreed.

Congratulations anyway mate.

Some of the content of this thread is as pathetic as it is predictable - from some of the usual suspects.

Hours after these incidents, there are people throwing insults, theories, speculation, politics, predictions and more insults like confetti.

We don't even know yet how many Londoners will have died, there are people in hospitals all over the capital tonight fighting for their lives, and others in perfectly good health still trying to get home from work, walking many miles on foot.

I'm not saying lock the thread or stop the discussion. All day I've been struck by the way people - my colleagues and friends, and people I've never met - have reacted. With dignity and calm, and a determination to carry on with business as usual.

So let's keep this forum dignified and calm so we too can carry on business as usual.

Please try and appreciate the gravity of what's just happened, and leave the bullsh!t for somewhere else. There are already fellow posters from (or in) London who have shared their personal experiences, and they are far from alone even on this forum of 3 thousand Rovers fans.

To put that in context, London Underground carries 3 million people into the city every day. Few people in this country are unaffected - even if you don't know anyone here in the capital, tomorrow some poor, confused, brainwashed youth might be inspired to blow the top off the number 30 bus in your home town.

For a number of reasons I've chosen only to read and not to write on here for several weeks now.

Today I've been moved by something so close to home it's made me react - it's something that needs to be discussed here (and everywhere) with the stoicism and dignity that London is showing.

Some friends on here know my feelings about living in London - exiled, sometimes unhappy, ripped off, surrounded by pompous or posh idiots.

It's all true - we hate each other here in the smoke.

But yesterdays Olympic elation cemented some bonds. Todays desolation has cast them in steel. The faceless, cowardly bcstards won't ever change this city.

Not surprisingly, London was a strange place today.

No buses, no Underground, fewer cars than usual, and because of that the streets were teeming. People, people, people, walking everywhere.

Most were silent, quietly going about their daily routine. It made for a very strange atmosphere. 

After the euphoria of yesterday, now this.

@#/?s.

330045[/snapback]

Sums everything up nicely for me.

All of my London friends are safe. I hope everyone on here stays safe as well.

Thoughts go out to the victims and their families.

Whilst the bombs killed and maimed indiscriminately however,

the after effects are bound to be additionally suffered by some

sections of the community because of their colour and religion.

One of the targets, Edgeware Road is well known in London as

popular for people from North Africa and the Middle East.

As the people injured there, and the familes of those killed try to

rebuild their lives, I've a feeling some may also be badly treated

as assumed to be terrorist sympathisers.

Muslims I work with were yesterday equally concerned that they

could fall victim to a terrorist attack, but I got the feeling they

were worried about wrongly being personally blamed for the actions

too.

If reprisals follow, the recruiters of the extremist groups will rub

their hands with glee, if disaffected youth are isolated into

turning to them for advice and support.

Had mixed emotions late yesterday as happy family and friends appear

to be safe, but sad and angry at the number of others who weren't.

Ok, now that the usual quick fire people on here (no names - you know who you are) have had their two penneth, lets try for some reasoned debate.

First condolences to the casualties and their families.

Next, although of little comfort to those involved, we seem to have lesser carnage to that in Madrid, even if figures rise - a minor miracle considering much of this outrage was underground.

If events are at all related to Iraq as some media (inc Peter Allen - 5 Live ) are asking, let's consider the following....

Afghanistan and Iraq both unfolded after 9/11. So what triggered that fateful day?

I wonder if it was US foreign policy over many decades, all over the world, but principally in the Middle East.

Remember that Israel occupies Palestine, and that there are allegedly more Jews in New York than all of Israel.

If Spanish and British govts had allied more closely with the UN and not the US, I wonder if the attacks would have been avoided.

Many 1000's have been killed on BOTH sides in Iraq and most observers seem to accept that there were no weapons of mass destruction, (yet N Korea, Chile and Mugabe are left alone - no oil?).

The US is the most powerful nation and therefore easily able to dismiss global warming and African policies with ease. Easy then to see how little progress can be made and  further atrocities inevitable with the US so protectionist.

I would rather see Britain aligned with the EU (if we could overcome our differences) , which would also create a far bigger and more democratic trading block than the US.

330139[/snapback]

According to breakfast news rumours, as yet unverified are linking this with a terrorist cell based in the midlands.

Edited by thenodrog

Muslims I work with were yesterday equally concerned that they

could fall victim to a terrorist attack, but I got the feeling they

were worried about wrongly being personally blamed for the actions

too.

This is an interesting point and compounded (rather worryingly) by something I saw yesterday lunchtime.

I work in the Prison Service Headquarters in Westminster, just across the road from the MI5 building so security is always quite tight around us. This didn't stop me being appauled by what I saw coming back into my building.

We have a Muslim guy who works for us who wears full religous dress. He had been stopped by the entrance by a police car and 4, yes 4 fully armed police officers. I'm not too sure whether it was paranoia or desparation that made them pull him over but why harrass just anyone you see?

I hope this trend doesn't continue or escalate.

According to breakfast news rumours, as yet unverified are linking this with a terrorist cell based in the midlands.

330236[/snapback]

But as far as I can make out, their only reasoning was that the group are under surveilance and they didn't know where a few of them were yesterday. Pretty circumstantial at the moment.

This is an interesting point and compounded (rather worryingly) by something I saw yesterday lunchtime. 

I work in the Prison Service Headquarters in Westminster, just across the road from the MI5 building so security is always quite tight around us.  This didn't stop me being appauled by what I saw coming back into my building. 

We have a Muslim guy who works for us who wears full religous dress.  He had been stopped by the entrance by a police car and 4, yes 4 fully armed police officers.  I'm not too sure whether it was paranoia or desparation that made them pull him over but why harrass just anyone you see?

I hope this trend doesn't continue or escalate.

330237[/snapback]

Appalled? They'd have looked stupid not stopping him to check ffs "just across the road from MI5"! laugh.gifwithstupid.gif Crikey the security forces were placed on FULL alert yesterday. They have trained for such an eventuality since 9/11. Have you not heard of suicide bombers Biddy? Muslim clothing is ideal for hiding expolsives strapped to the body. If he has any sense he will be in a suit today. Seriously!

Now if you had said 'a scotsman in a kilt who works with us got stopped and searched' then yes I would have been suprised.

But as far as I can make out, their only reasoning was that the group are under surveilance and they didn't know where a few of them were yesterday.  Pretty circumstantial at the moment.

330240[/snapback]

I made no comment other than to report it. But at this stage it is obviously 'circumstantial' enough to be reported on national news.

Appalled?  They'd have looked stupid not stopping him to check ffs "just across  the road from MI5"!  laugh.gifwithstupid.gif  Crikey the security forces were placed on FULL alert yesterday.  They have trained for such an eventuality since 9/11.  Have you not heard of suicide bombers Biddy?  Muslim clothing is ideal for hiding expolsives strapped to the body.  If he has any sense he will be in a suit today.  Seriously! 

Now if you had said 'a scotsman in a kilt who works with us got stopped and searched' then yes I would have been suprised.

330244[/snapback]

No, that's called OTT. I could have understood 1 maybe 2 police officers taking someone to the side to check on ID, security passes (we're all security cleared in this building) however 4 officers with firearms is taking the ###### and intimidating.

Also, so you think they stopped all Muslim people in London yesterday, probably not. You think the clothes had something to do with it? If I chose to wear that type of clothing, do you think I would get stopped as "It's great for hiding bombs", probably not.

Edited by Biddy

Been having discussions on this last night, came to a few conclusions

- the bus bomber we think was meant to on a train, but with stations being closed chose a bus

- if a suicide bomber, why sit on the top and only blow the roof?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.