BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Major Incident In London

Guest Kamy100

Hope so, they are literally feet away from Russell Square. Im presuming they have been evacuated. Just looking on our system cos this is where we come into play with emergency co-ordination etc, put a sh!tload of coaches on standby in area. It really looks bad

329757[/snapback]

I have found the West Ham Forum www.kumb.co.uk quite useful, lots of people in the area.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the trains were still working even after the monitors were fried, our train travelled from Turnpike Lane to at least Finsbury Park (where I changed) with no subsequent problems.

The bus explosion wasn't at Russell Square itself, it was at Tavistock Place, which is about halfway between there and Euston.

Police have also evacuated an area south of Liverpool Street station now

I don't think that we're looking at anything on the scale of Madrid here (certainly not in casualties), but I agree that the transport network is likely to be messed up for a while.

Also, just heard a good comment from a security advisor on the bbc. The madrid bombs were detonated remotely by mobile phone, which would be a good explaination for the mobile phone system not working at the moment in central london. Government ordered shutdown?

Just got through to my dad after 20 minutes of trying. Usually he works very close to Aldgate station and I think he sometimes uses the line on which Aldgate is on. Thankfully he's not working today...

Are we looking at the underground being down for a long while?

I think that madness is the wrong word. The public are being impressively British and stoic and just going about their business as best they can.

The public transport system is pretty badly hit, and I agree that there's unlikely to be any tube services for at least today.

As for Al Queda, it does fit their modus operandi from Madrid, so it's not surprising that links are being made.

Guest Kamy100

This type of attack bears the wholemarks of Al-Queda. Apparently the mobile phone network has been shut down because in Madrid they used Mobiles to detonate the devices.

Well we have all been told to stay in our office until further notice.

So far, we've heard all the tube is down, the busses are suspended and all over ground trains are suspended in and out of London.

Guess I'm sleeping here tonight.

This type of attack bears the wholemarks of Al-Queda.  Apparently the mobile phone network has been shut down because in Madrid they used Mobiles to detonate the devices.

329784[/snapback]

Maybe Orange don't care, but mine is working

I don't think that we're looking at anything on the scale of Madrid here (certainly not in casualties), but I agree that the transport network is likely to be messed up for a while.

Also, just heard a good comment from a security advisor on the bbc. The madrid bombs were detonated remotely by mobile phone, which would be a good explaination for the mobile phone system not working at the moment in central london. Government ordered shutdown?

329768[/snapback]

Shutdown for priority to emergency services etc. Im trying to get a girl from Runcorn to Farnborough instead of Euston and cannot reach her by mobile

Disgraceful terrorist attack, they have now hit another Westernized country. Usa with 9/11, Australia with Bali, Madrid bombing and now London. It now seems that the contingency plans for a terrorist attack which most people laughed at and said was ott, is now paying off.

From friend lives in the outskirts of London (Kingston), and text messages are blocked as i presume the system is being overloaded. Phones are still working, but he doesnt know what the situation is like closer to the centre.

Update: 2 confirmed dead, figure will of course rise.

Kind of puts all the happyness with the bellamy signing into perspective when a event like this happens sad.gif

Trying to get 150 rooms in the area, cant get anything as casualties are being taken into hotels. God this really has put a dampener on everything. Right now Bellamy is least of my worries.

Lets hope we catch the culprits.

Its like we said in office, everyone expected all the fuss at G8, turns out they caught a weak vein today.... sad.gif

Guest Kamy100

This looks like it is co-ordinate with the G8 and also London being awarded the olympics, just yesterday London is proclaimed worldwide as a great city and this happens today. I was so happy yesterday and now I just feel so down and numb with shock and anger.

Text messages are working - albeit with a little patience - It's just taken me 20 attempts to reply to one I received a few moments ago. I've not been able to make a call on my mobile tho'

Trying to get 150 rooms in the area, cant get anything as casualties are being taken into hotels. God this really has put a dampener on everything. Right now Bellamy is least of my worries.

Lets hope we catch the culprits.

Its like we said in office, everyone expected all the fuss at G8, turns out they caught a weak vein today....  sad.gif

329792[/snapback]

I'm not sure about the weak vein notion - the emergency services have clearly been prepared for this sort of incident for the past couple of years now - the simple fact is that this sort of attack on the public transport systems cannot be prevented. People just can't be searched on that sort of scale.

Edited by Radagast

Just a thought, but maybe Paris, NYC, Moscow and Madrid are glad they missed out on the Olympics now.

Maybe these attacks have been planned in all Olympic bidding cities, and whichever won the bid the plan has been carried out, as a warning as whats to come sad.gif

I hope thats not the case but it looks rather dodgy this happening the day after.

Anyway, I hope everyone with relatives in London hears good news and all the best to the people of London.

Just another thought with Mobiles. It could be that everyone is attepting to contact people in the city and there is too much pressure on the network, a bit like New Year (not the best comparision, but all I could come up with)

Edited by Roaming Rover

Cant get any rooms in London now, been at it 2 hours. On police advice hotels are forbidden from selling rooms, I predict for:

a) casualties are being put up

cool.gif people extending stays due to being stranded

c) I also think police do not want people moving out the area so they can investigate further

Internet radio gone down here, can anyone confirm a rumour of Manchester being hit?

Thankfully just heard from my wife- she was nowhere near the incident and is just confused and having to walk.

Seems to be six bombs on the tube and one on a bus.

Doubt this has anything to do with the Olympics and everything to do with G8/ Iraq.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.