BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Espanyol Attendance?

I only came on cos Steve (i think his name was) invited me to join at the Grimsby game.. he said it was a friendly site with good banter lol wink.gif

337966[/snapback]

If it was Steve i'd avoid him as he's a bit dodgy ;-) Seriously though this is certainly probably one of the friendliest sites and the regular meet ups that occur are an open invite which are enjoyed by one and all.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting.. I can't wait lol  blink.gif

337967[/snapback]

The general rule is that a lot of people vocally disagree with Scotty, even though he's an excellent poster IMO. For example, thenodrog. Manchester Blue does it a lot too, but that's a marital thing.

The general rule is that a lot of people vocally disagree with Scotty, even though he's an excellent poster IMO. For example, thenodrog. Manchester Blue does it a lot too, but that's a marital thing.

337969[/snapback]

No they don't.

wink.gif

If it was Steve i'd avoid him as he's a bit dodgy ;-)  Seriously though this is certainly probably one of the friendliest sites and the regular meet ups that occur are an open invite which are enjoyed by one and all.

337968[/snapback]

Well if your all lucky enough i might attend one day Lol.. well i ain't figured out who steve is on here yet but i'll thank him for introducing me to the mad house when i find him smile.gif

Well if your all lucky enough i might attend one day Lol.. well i ain't figured out who steve is on here yet but i'll thank him for introducing me to the mad house when i find him smile.gif

337971[/snapback]

Im guessing that was SteB. sort of funny looking bloke? wink.gif

In all seriousness, we aim to appeal to quite a cross section of folk and mostly we suceed. The downside is we get quite a cross section of folk smile.gif which in turn leads to some very strongly held opinions getting very some very heated debate. The same names always crop up, but mainly because they seem to be the best debaters, however it often degenerates into name calling and we all have sit back and wait for the next debate.

Anyway ..... enough chit chat with Kimberley ... Espanyol attendances anyone ?

(PS. Are you sure it was Ste ? Reports have come in that Raffa Benetez has been scounting us disgussed as a messageboard admin smile.gif ).

In all seriousness, we aim to appeal to quite a cross section of folk and mostly we suceed. The downside is we get quite a cross section of folk smile.gif which in turn leads to some very strongly held opinions getting very some very heated debate. The same names always crop up, but mainly because they seem to be the best debaters, however it often degenerates into name calling and we all have sit back and  wait for the next debate.

Anyway ..... enough chit chat with Kimberley ... Espanyol attendances anyone ?

(PS. Are you sure it was Ste ? Reports have come in that Raffa Benetez has been scounting us disgussed as a messageboard admin smile.gif ).

337973[/snapback]

Just over 5,000 i think ?

TND, Every other post seems to be a dig at either Scotty or another poster, or the proposed ISA.  May I ask what your problem is? 

You have been invited more than once to come along to the ISA meetings, we want as many people as possible to attend, as the 8 or so new faces at the last meeting will testify.

337944[/snapback]

I've no problems Stu.

But

1. Scotty's ignorant attitude ensures that he gets plenty of stick particularly by way of retribution, and anyway he gives almost as good as he gets. But why do you feel the need to stick up for him, are you two mates or something? I'm not referring to Scotty but I've got to say a pet hate of mine are ignorant / smarmy / blinkered people.

2. I dont rem having a dig at BRISA. Why do you say that? You got any evidence that I have?

3. Didn't realise Brisa was up to the meeting stage. Also I'm not sure what I could contribute, as I have said I am not a committe man.

Edited by thenodrog

Do you mean the same type of anonymity that allows you to make jibes, gripes and personal comments about others particularly people involved in the ISA.  You haven't answered Stu's question anyway.  What is your problem.  Is it jealousy or more likely that it's easier to whinge and gripe than actually do something yourself.  For someone so concerned that they start a thread on friendly attendances I would have thought you'd jump at the chance to be involved.

337955[/snapback]

You all up Scottys' arse or something? Bless. Does he really need you lot to fight his metaphorical battles? Please point out to where I have had a dig at those involved in BRISA. This to the best of ny knowledge was my last post on the subject.

QUOTE "You are probably right there Den. Committees are most definitely not my scene. I wish you all luck and if asked (can't think why) to help in any way that I can I will gladly if it's within my powers to do so but I do adhere to an old truism frequently used by an ex work colleague of mine.......... "nothing works well that is run by a committee".

Paradoxically the same chap often said 'if you want to get a job done then ask a busy man' and I suspect that there are more than one or two of those in that group.

Good luck with it guys."

Now no doubt all you luvvies have all met / pm'd each other and decided that I am against Brisa, and more probably because somebody with a grudge put some spin on the debate. Well if schoolyard gang games are your style then OK but I dont want any part of that juvenile stuff. As I say whilst Playground Politics are not my scene I do think my above post sums up my position though.

Now please explain why the flerk I have to answer to you anyway Manc. Got ideas above your station or what?

Now please explain why the flerk I have to answer to you anyway Manc.  Got ideas above your station or what?

337987[/snapback]

I didn't for one minute think you had to answer to me, I just knew you wouldn't be able to resist. Incidentally if the post above was truly your position then i'm sure we would get along famously, however I find it hard to put that post together with much of what you post elsewhere. Playground politics? You could run for Prime Minister!

Incidentally if the post above was truly your position then i'm sure we would get along famously, however I find it hard to put that post together with much of what you post elsewhere. 

337993[/snapback]

Last post on page 2 of the pinned ISA thread. Eyes wide shut again eh Manc?

Edited by thenodrog

I've no problems Stu.

But

1.  Scotty's ignorant attitude ensures that he gets plenty of stick particularly by way of retribution, and anyway he gives almost as good as he gets.  But why do you feel the need to stick up for him, are you two mates or something?  I'm not referring to Scotty but I've got to say a pet hate of mine are ignorant / smarmy / blinkered people.

337984[/snapback]

The amount of times I've been mentioned in this thread, despite hardly posting on it, is incredible!!

Anyway, the most ignorant poster on the board's pet hate is ignorant people. biggrin.gif You really couldn't make it up! You must really hate yourself something rotten Theno.

As for the assertion that "all us luvvies" pm and chat about your good self - don't make me laugh. You're not that important or interesting. I suspect it's just that we all think you're a bit of a...well, you know the rest.

Oh, and you don't have to be a committee man to contribute or help in the running of BRISA. You could simply let us know any ideas you have or make any suggestions you think would help. I won't hold my breath waiting for them though.

Kimberley-if you were able to read Scotty's posting about the prospects for last season-which might have been kept in some archive within the messageboard- you would be able to read one of the very best postings ever on this board.Jim is also very good-but watch out for him winding you up.

Kimberley-if you were able to read Scotty's posting about the prospects for last season-which might have been kept in some archive within the messageboard- you would be able to read one of the very best postings ever on this board.Jim is also very good-but watch out for him winding you up.

338010[/snapback]

Winding me up ?.. He'd have to do a good job lol tongue.gif

I've no problems Stu.

But

1.  Scotty's ignorant attitude ensures that he gets plenty of stick particularly by way of retribution, and anyway he gives almost as good as he gets.  But why do you feel the need to stick up for him, are you two mates or something?  I'm not referring to Scotty but I've got to say a pet hate of mine are ignorant / smarmy / blinkered people.

337984[/snapback]

Im not a "committee man" either. But I am involved in this "project" as it is something I feel worthwhile.

And I only stick up for people when I think they are right, Ive had some right arguments with some of my very best friends as well as people I have and/or havnt met from messageboards.

Anyway, we digress somewhat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.