BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Espanyol Attendance?

I can only assume that the absence of comment on yesterdays match attendance is because no one from this board was piggin well there! Adjectives to describe our disappearing support have now gone from 'concerning' or 'disappointing' to downright bloody 'EMBARRASSING'! Sod the fact that it was just a friendly this was the first chance to see this seasons BRFC (new players and all). We should be looking forward to new begginings under Mark Hughes but it appears no-one gives a flyingfcuk!

I have for quite some time noticed this decline and have held the opinion that 2/3rds of the Blackburn public are nothing more than spoiled brats who whine and whinge at anything that isn't free / available on benefits / or denying them chance to consume copius amounts of alcohol. This was a 'serious' friendly against accomplished Premier Liga opponents ffs. £15 for adults and £1 for every child under 16 should have guaranteed a damned good crowd. The club can do no more and should forget and forego funding any such 'treats' in the future. Blackburn used to be a small industrial town rightly proud of and united by its footballing traditions, but now, and in very little time it has turned into the opposite. Look around, it has become nothing more than a soulless grubby ghetto whose inhabitants in the main seem to have lost all pride and self respect. The only successful events in Blackurn are the free ones with beer tents. Its ###### really.

Economics dictate that Lancashire can only support one succesful team and one team only, in holding that view I have received all kinds of derision. The simple truth is of course that I am constantly being proven right in my view but the worst and subsequent truth is that at this rate no one will even care enough to object or offer similar derision in the future.

The Burnley fans sang 'Town full of Paki's' They were wrong. We are a town full of ungrateful bandwaggoners!

Edited by thenodrog

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more to the fact that when we we're doing well winning the league ect. a third of the crowd we're all glory hunters and left as soon as success did. Deal with it. i will be at every home game i can get to this year travelling from london. Also maybe the cricket had an effect on yesterdays crowd.

i think £15 for the adult ticket is a bit steep, should charge £5 adult and £1 kid, then for example a dad and his kid can go for £6 not £16, at the end of the day regardless of the opposition it is only a friendly, so get as many in as possible, just think if say 5000 people went yeaterday who have never been to a game, watch a 4-0 win over spanish opposition, if only half of these got 'bitten by the bug' that would stick 2500 on your gate week in week out, but as is football these days, its get as much dosh out the fans as possible

Why does this thread have to start.

A PRE SEASON FRIENDLY FFS..... NOBODY CARES BOUT THEM, SO WHAT?

Who cares about Espanyol? Or the score?

Nobody.

How many people have probably got an expensive weekend in London coming up next week.

Alot more.

Chill out and stop whinging please.

Like Shillito i'm amazed this thread is even here. Who cares it was a pre season friendly. I've said before that we shouldn't have them at home and this backs that up. Fair play if people want to go but I wouldn't have gone under any circumstances yesterday. The last home one I went to was either Liverpool or Leeds I can't remember properly. Love the away ones, loved the Lancs Manx stuff but these are just pointless. Like this thread really.

I would have gone yesterday apart from the fact that i am learning to drive and i live in Hull, i could have got three trains to Blackburn but i thought instead of spending my money on a friendly, i thought i'd put it towards a train fare to London and a overnight stay so i could watch us hammer West Ham, sorry about the pun.

You cant take anything from yesterday's attendance,less than half of the number of season tickets holders turned up....2 people at work commented on the price as their reason for non-attendance.

I'm sure you remember the days not so long ago Theno when 5,000 was the average crowd at Ewood.

Lets see how many we get against Fulham.....18-19,000 at best dry.gif

P.S. Quite impressed with Forest's near 25,000 yesterday I must say.

I hope your right greggyK but cant see it myself..Fulham will bring a couple of coaches at best.You only have to judge by the number of season tickets sold that more and more Rovers 'fans' this season will be picking and choosing their games and the most interest will be generated by the big city local clubs.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

The absent friends are certainly undermining Rovers, they only come when were winning.... what can you do with people who have a total lack of commitment to their local area.

If Rovers need some extra income then its going to have to come out of local council taxes, that i'll cheer the miserable, selfish, hard faced folk of Blackburn up.

The cost of watching a game at Rovers is no longer an excuse one can use, with the cost of a season ticket being from as little as £250 if they arent prepared to pay that amount then they might as well disappear off the face of the earth as far as i'm concerned.

Edited by JAL

Fulham will bring a couple of coaches at best.You only have to judge by the number of season tickets sold that more and more Rovers 'fans' this season will be picking and choosing their games and the most interest will be generated by the big city local clubs.

337330[/snapback]

A lot of people whinged that we got beaten but imo one of the best games (albeit for a neutral, and in terms of pen box action) last year was the Fulham game at Ewood. Do you think that that will persuade punters to cough up?

2 people at work commented on the price as their reason for non-attendance.

P.S. Quite impressed with Forest's near 25,000 yesterday I must say.

337327[/snapback]

They aren't proper fans then SG. I suggest that they used the price as a lame and convenient excuse. Sorry mate but against Barca, Lazio, Chievo and I heard the same old shyte. Espanyol finished 5th in arguably the best league in the world ffs. Forget 'friendly' they played with desire and conviction. It should be viewed as a privelige to see their likes visit our home town.

The plain truth is that although people claim to be supporters Blackburn simply does not have enough die-hards to maintain a Prem team without somebody else chucking money at it.

NO.

Did you think a defeat at home on the last day of the season will bring them flooding back?,the atmosphere was also like a relegation party if my memory serves me right....only about a 1/3 of our crowd stayed behind to acknowledge the team unsure.gif

''The plain truth is that although people claim to be supporters Blackburn simply does not have enough die-hards to maintain a Prem team without somebody else chucking money at it.

I have to agree entirely with you on that aspect but there's no point moaning about it....its like to be I'm afraid.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

They aren't proper fans then SG.  I suggest that they used the price as a lame and convenient excuse.  Sorry mate but against Barca, Lazio, Chievo and I heard the same old shyte.  Espanyol finished 5th in arguably the best league in the world ffs.  Forget 'friendly' they played with desire and conviction.  It should be viewed as a privelige to see their likes visit our home town. 

The plain truth is that although people claim to be supporters Blackburn simply does not have enough die-hards to maintain a Prem team without somebody else chucking money at it.

337336[/snapback]

Your talking completely and utterly out of your arse.

I live in Blackpool and the cost of fuel, a ticket and dinner would have cost me going on £50.....

Why the f*** would I, or anyone else for that matter want to pay anywhere near this mark to watch Espanyol.

And you can pull out the ''they finished 5th'' rubbish but it doesn't hide the fact nobody cares about them, and why should they?

They have no big name players, no worthwhile history and basically no attraction.

Barca and Lazio are a completely different kettle of fish.

I suppose shelling out on yet another season ticket means bugger all if I'm not willing to travel to a meaningless game against a team of numpties.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Shillito. Stuff the fact that I pay £500 for a season ticket and god knows how much on the aways. Stuff all the associated crap I buy because it doesn't count. No, i'm not a 'proper' fan because I don't see the point in going to a pointless game which I would have given the club £15 for the privelige. Might as well return my season ticket then.

I live in Blackpool and the cost of fuel, a ticket and dinner would have cost me going on £50.....

Why the f*** would I, or anyone else for that matter want to pay anywhere near this mark to watch Espanyol.

337338[/snapback]

Hang on shillito, £15 ticket, 2 galls fuel and a sarni approx £10. How do you get that to fifty quid? Anyway you speak like its a rip-off but exactly how much do you think BRFC make out of these events? If they were making money out of the game then maybe you would have a point, but I strongly suspect that these games lose money for the club.

Maybe the club should stop trying to entertain their fans, stop flogging the dead horse and play all friendlies away to non league opposition.

The point I make is that if we had won the Prem last season the ground would have been full, whether Espanyol, Real or flippin Accy Stanley were the opposition. Similarly those same 5500 would prob have been there if we had played Rochdale or Nottingham Pork Butchers. BRFC or any supporters of them simply cannot afford apathy.

Edited by thenodrog

I know of at least 3 season ticket holders that didn't bother turning up as they say that the Fulham Game is the first proper home game of the season. I myself am not a season ticket holder though I would love to be but for reasons beyond my control I am unable but I attend every weekend match including yesterdays match against Espanyol see it as the perfect oportunity to take my 3 year old son to his first proper football match, needless to say he loved it and he will be coming with me to the Fulham match

Hang on shillito, £15 ticket, 2 galls fuel and a sarni approx £10.  How do you get that to fifty quid?  Anyway you speak like its a rip-off but exactly how much do you think BRFC make out of these events?  If they were making money out of the game then maybe you would have a point, but I strongly suspect that these games lose money for the club. 

Maybe the club should stop trying to entertain their fans, stop flogging the dead horse and play all friendlies away to non league opposition. 

The point I make is that if we had won the Prem last season the ground would have been full, whether Espanyol, Real or flippin Accy Stanley were the opposition.  Similarly those same 5500 would prob have been there if we had played Rochdale or Nottingham Pork Butchers.  BRFC or any supporters of them  simply cannot afford apathy.     

337347[/snapback]

As your talking about scraping the barrel to try and make your argument convincing.

Dinner and fuel realistically would be more than £10, as I'd actually choose to stop and have food in a pub with a drink. You can combat that with ''well don't do that then and go straight to the match,'' but then I'd want to have atleast a little fun rather than have a total right off of a day.

I didnt go cause I was at a wedding all day and night. I would not have gone if I had not been at a wedding.

I spend £400 plus on my ticket, 2 shirts at £62, wham away will cost me £100. Add to that I have a wife, a 12yr old and a dog who need feeding and looking after and my bait for the midweek fishing match I have entered tongue.gif

Complaining about the attendance for a friendly match is only worthy of one thing ...

NO COMMENT tongue.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.