Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea

In terms of satisfying results this season:

1. Blackburn 4 Manchester United 3

2. Blackburn 1 Chelsea 0

3. Manchester United 1 Blackburn 2

4. Blackburn 1 Arsenal 0

5. Blackburn 2 Big Club 0

What a season! And remember this is the same season Souness did one at Ewood inflicting a 3-0 defeat on us on our own turf. Just goes to show, weather the storm and things can improve.

Not for Souness or Birmingham mind.

There is a God after all.

laugh.gif

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some very good reviews on here which only goes to show how perceptive and knowledgeable Rovers fans are ( well some of them anyway ). I just wanted to add my comments following a marvellous evening.

I was impressed by the contribution and effectiveness of even those players who are not deemed to have had a " great game". I am thinking of players like Bentley and MGP who would not have been many peoples nomonation for man of the match on the night but still worked incredibly hard and made a real contribution although not in a particularly eye catching way/ match winning way rolleyes.gif . It must be very difficult to play against Rovers when everyone is playing to such a high standard

Zurab's dribbling out of defence ( against Crespo?) was a delight.

I have been unsure to a little negative about Pongolle in the past but got the feeling on Tuesday he was really keen to make an impression and be asked to stay at Rovers ( and why shouldn't he be - it is a chance to stay at a top 6 club, in Europe and with the potential to go further ).

Well done!!.

Thanks for a great season.

( What can Hughes do in the transfer market this summer? Another couple of miracles would do nicely).

I am correct when I assume that when the Chelsea fans sang "Stand up for the champions", they were singing directly to SWP,Crespo and all the other falling over merchants?

405243[/snapback]

haha! like it! biggrin.gif

It's an odd feature of the crowd nowadays that nobody seems capable anymore of putting together clever/varied/ ironical/humerous etc chants to suit different opponants and circumstances? For example 'dirty northern bstards' would have gone down well for the last 5 mins from the Blackburn end, interspersed with 'Special one?...... you're having a laugh'.

Would have sounded great on Sky for the towns pub based backsliders too. dry.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.