BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers' Words Dictionary

Dillo,

I think I'm falling in love with you. As are probably many other who post on here. Why a woman from Japan decided to like Blackburn?

Rovers is your decision, but you have done it so you'll just have to live with it.

They are not really our rivals. Just a few Rovers suporters who are too aggressive for their own good think that they are out local rivals.

They are not really.

OK, you've got the answer to that one. Lilly Savage

Now this is a strange and difficult question to answer. I've lived in Manchester for 30 years. It's about 50km south of Blackburn, but everyone here speaks differently. When I go back to Blackburn everyone seems to me to speak differently. Here in Manchester everyone thinks I speak with a Blackburn accent.

50km to the west of here is Liverpool and they all talk different there. It is just local accents. If you go 200km south you will meet another accent, and they will use different words

You can look "Accrington Stanley " up on the internet. Most of us are quite pleased that Accrington Stanley have got promoted and back into the football league. Some of us with longer memories will remember that Accrington were forced into insolvency( english law for having no money) by Burnley FC. Which is why some of us quite like Accringon Stanley & do not like Burnley. It was 35 years ago.

Actually, it's 45 years ago!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>James No. 7

I often see it! :D

I called them

Hughes --> Sparky

Bowen --> Bowen

Eddie Niedzwiecki --> Ed-Nez

Hitchcock --> Kevin Hitchcock

Bellamy --> Bell

Bentley --> Ben

Derbyshire --> Derb

Emerton --> Emmo

Enckelman

--> Shachou-san(Boss,CEO or head of a company... in Japanese. I can't account it. It's long story)

Friedel --> Friedel

Galllagher --> Gally or Young Paul(Old has gone)

Pedersen --> Gamsten

Gray --> Gray or Micky

Johnson --> Jemal Johnson

Kuqi --> Kuqi

Matteo --> Dom

McEveley --> Jay

Mokoena --> Macarena

Neill --> Neill or Lucas

Nelsen --> Nelsen or Nelly

Peter --> Sergio

Pongo --> Shina-Pon

Reid --> Reidy

Savage --> Sav

Todd --> Todd

Tugay --> Tugay

Khizanishvili --> Zura

According to Dave the plays call Eddie Niedzwiecki - Eddie and his Whisky.

Why?

sorry, It's a little bit serious question.

Why you use that words? you don't know reason why...

I know, I know, These are LIGHT joke or something like that...

but I try to use carefully the nasty words. If they use it, I asked reason why.

I'm a Japanese. I had many times " F###ing Jap" "Chino". I didn't care if older people said, ' cause some older people not forget World war , They had bad memory of our country.

I really hurts young (looks like teennager or more young kids) say that.

I think they don't have bad /negative experience from our country. It's just their image. who make that image? I don't know ... I guess ..... someone use bad words , imitate someone's way of speaking...

It's the why don't use nasty words if i don't know that mean .... it's my experience.

#

Dillo, don't be worried about these people, they are idiots who just hate anyone who is diffeerent from them. They hate people from China, Canada, America, Korea, Tibet, and places that they have never even heard of.

If you told them that you came from Taiwan they would be too stupid to work out the diference,

They are too stupid to be worth bothering with.

From Monty Python

Actually a Palindrome is a word or phrase or sentence that reads the same backward. A word would be "level."A sentence would be "A man, a plan a canal: Panama."

Probably the only reason that Monty Python bothered about confusing everyone about palindromes was that one of them was called Michael Palin

Wasn't that the idea of the joke? It isn't a palindrome?

I try to summarize it simply. " I have to know the words back-ground before I use the words." It's hard to describe it in words... my poor English skill.

Sorry, Please forget about it!!

- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

Scouser :

Now, I know it's the people came from/ living in Liverpool.

but I still don't know what is "scouse", and why they called scouser.

and, Does any other area have the name like Scouser?

.... Brummie : People came from/ living in Birmingham. right?

Scouser , Brummie both words are polite or unpolite word?

Edited by dillo_dillo

Thanks Glenn, I fogot to check "Scouse" on Wiki.

I'm very interesting to read it.

nob'ead - (idiot [offensive]) -- from "Scouse dialect" (Wiki)

I heard "Preston North End" called "Nobend", It cames from here?

Right then I want one volunteer to explain to Dillo where that is coming from. That man there;You'll do!

What? I should't be ask it !?

Yes, of course you can ask

It's just that the word nob is slang for a certain part of gentleman's anatomy (and nob-head...... well you can imagine), and being boys they got stuck trying to find a way of giving you a non-offensive definition.

Yes, of course you can ask

It's just that the word nob is slang for a certain part of gentleman's anatomy (and nob-head...... well you can imagine), and being boys they got stuck trying to find a way of giving you a non-offensive definition.

Thank you Jan. Got us guys out a nasty situation there. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.