BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Knock Out Stages

philipl

Just spotted that if the tables remain unchanged, England's route to the final will be:

last 16 England v Germany

QF plays the winner of Argentina v Mexico

and waiting in the SF will be the winner of Italy v Brazil because they will presumably have beaten the winner of S Korea v Tunisia.

Get your money on Spain to win the World Cup!

Yeah, if both England and Argentina win their group they will play in the final, while if Germany win their group we will play Ecuador in the last 16 if we win ours. This is the World Cup, you are going to have to play and beat good teams if you want to win it.

Blushing- I had got the Group A/B matches mixed up so we could well get Germany in the last 16 and something less intimidating in the QF.

Still, we might see teams trying to throw matches when the last Group stage matches are played as countries try to avoid a half of the draw of death if other results throw up some unexpected second places eg Oz ahead of Brazil.

Blushing- I had got the Group A/B matches mixed up so we could well get Germany in the last 16 and something less intimidating in the QF.

Still, we might see teams trying to throw matches when the last Group stage matches are played as countries try to avoid a half of the draw of death if other results throw up some unexpected second places eg Oz ahead of Brazil.

Im not bothered about avoiding Germany in the second round...i just want to avoid Argentina until as late as possible...which means the final hopefully! :tu:

Tough luck for England?

Portugal has to "chose" between playing against Holland or Argentina. We have beaten Holland in the past but Argentina seems to be the team that everyone fears.

last 16 England v Germany

QF plays the winner of Argentina v Mexico

and waiting in the SF will be the winner of Italy v Brazil because they will presumably have beaten the winner of S Korea v Tunisia.

Correction:

-If it stays like it is now:

Last 16 England vs Germany

QF plays the winner of Portugal vs Holland

Semi plays one of these 4: Brasil vs Czeck Republic and Spain vs France

So Argentina only in the final!

Yeah, not too bad really. I mean this with the upmost respect for the other sides but a road to the semis where you have to face Germany/Ecuador and then Portugal/Holland isn't that bad. I am only saying that because considering the fact that this is the World Cup you are always destined to meet good sides at that stage, but to avoid the very best is quite nice.

Reports are sayingthat Sven is going to rest Lamps and Gerrard for Hargreaves and Jenas!! Now i can understand resting one of them but in my opinion Jenas shouldn't be anywhere near the England team. It also says he's going to go with a diamond formation in a four man midfield!

If this is true i cant see us beating Sweden! Which means Germany in the second and Argentina in the quarters? Hoorah for Sven!!

I understand what you mean.

And the dilema is bigger for Portugal cause we play directly with group C where Argentina is.

But when we play, we don't know who will finish first.

At least 5 portuguese players will go to the bench (Nuno Valente, Costinha, Deco, Cristiano Ronaldo and Pauleta) and possibly Figo as well. So we won't present our best side and we might end in 2nd.

Anyway, I think there's hype around the Argentinian squad. It's true they won 6-0 but in the first game they didn't play that well. And there is also Spain who beat Ukraine 4-0 and people don't remember that.

On the other hand, the big teams prepared to reach the highest form when the last 16 starts, so it's too early too fear anyone.

Reports are sayingthat Sven is going to rest Lamps and Gerrard for Hargreaves and Jenas!! Now i can understand resting one of them but in my opinion Jenas shouldn't be anywhere near the England team. It also says he's going to go with a diamond formation in a four man midfield!

If this is true i cant see us beating Sweden! Which means Germany in the second and Argentina in the quarters? Hoorah for Sven!!

The problem is that both have yellow cards and if they see another one, they can't play in the last 16 game.

Peter crouch is in the same situation.

i guess i was hoping that Sven would have the guts to play one of the midfielders on a card with a holding midfielder....then he would see how the team could and should be! Also i was hoping that Lamps would get booked so we would see Gerrard as the attacking midfielder in the 2nd round.

On the card situation.....if you collect you second yellow in the final group game then you miss the second round....however if you only have one yellow after the final group game then it is scrapped.

I love all this Sven beating.

We have won 8 games in a row and 2 more wins would see England record their best run of results for over 100 years.

What a crisis?

And we are going to win the WC

Edited by BuckyRover

i guess i was hoping that Sven would have the guts to play one of the midfielders on a card with a holding midfielder....then he would see how the team could and should be! Also i was hoping that Lamps would get booked so we would see Gerrard as the attacking midfielder in the 2nd round.

I was thinking that. I'd like to see Gerrard further up the field. That'd sort out the link from midfield to attack and see Owen getting the service he deserves (and thrives on).

I thought Lamps head dropped a bit in the last game. I don't think Gerrard's head ever drops and he can take a team by the scruff of the neck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.