BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy / Kuqi

John

Does anyone realise how much these players contributed last season............ too much either off the bench or starting in cup matches.

Have we replaced any of them properly? Have we brought in any quality at all? Can Blackburn fans get excited after finishing 6th or is that simply it? Have we built on last season?

Answer to all the questions is... NO

Probably could be merged with another thread....

shillito15 - I don't find the sh*t that Hughes is putting out amusing at all. He will be off soon.

thenodrog - can't we give you your own section in the MB, the tosser section??

Edited by John

Probably could be merged with another thread....

shillito15 - I don't find the sh*t that Hughes is putting out amusing at all. He will be off soon.

Gally will be off soon, if he continues getting overlooked by MGP.

Who cares? If he goes soon it will be to a lower league which will be about right. I cannot see anybody in the Prem other than maybe Watford showing any interest in buying him.

No cos you'd definitely take that over as well.

I don't mind poor quality postings so much but stupidity and ignorance really ticks me off.

Does anyone realise how much these players contributed last season............ too much either off the bench or starting in cup matches.

Have we replaced any of them properly? Have we brought in any quality at all? Can Blackburn fans get excited after finishing 6th or is that simply it? Have we built on last season?

Answer to all the questions is... NO

Oh dear. It's a bit too early to start a fit over the state of the team. We have been on a run of two points from four games, which - believe it or not - we did twice last season. (Last year's fixtures and results.

With all Hughes has done at the club so far, the least he deserves is fan support. You've already got the casket out, open, and ready for transport!

Isnt it funny how when somebody has a bad performance on there first day at Rovers its ok as they were probably not fully gelled with the club yet and there fitness wasnt perfect bla bla bla, but when we sell someone and he has a poor first game for his new club it must mean he's pants.

The truth is we will miss Kuqi, Dickov and Bellamy as we have got replacements who just dont cut it...

The partnership of Roberts and Benni has been poor at best, Jeffers looked ok yesterday although his fitness level is still in doubt, and Nonda had one of the least uneventful debuts ever and just looks to similar a player to Roberts and Benni.

I must admit our strike partnership isnt all to blame (even if Benni did play woefully yesterday), our midfield has been non existent with Savage just looking to defensive in midfield and not getting forward enough, Gamst looking poor (even if i think he is our best midfielder at present), Bentley having flashed of decency although he never seems to come out with the final product. Reid has looked tired and poor at best and Tugay who we have all been waiting for to return to full fitness as he will make "all the difference" and he prooved yesterday that it is a larger problem all round which is making it impossible for us to perform...

I would also like to add that i dont think this is a "stupid thread" and it is actually highlighting some real problems some rovers fans on here have, mainly denial...

The simple fact is this cant carry on to go this way and something needs to change...

Calm down John you nutter.

You've done very well to completely over react, and even better to point out that losing Bellamy was a blow.

Your other points and comments are just as useful, worthwhile and laughable as the thread you've started.

Jesus, RTM, go get out in the sun! It must've been raining where you are for the last month for all that doom and gloom. There's very little continuity there from last year, and its going to take time for it all to come together. Hughes is relatively relaxed in public, although you can be sure he's spitting nails behind the scenes. But who would you have liked him to buy for midfield? Carrick for 18.5 million? or Petrov for 6.5? Luis Valencia for 4?

Yes, we miss Bellamy. Aside from Barcelona, I can't think of team that wouldn't. But we couldn't keep him. He took a WAGE CUT to go to liverpool. Dickov refused a new contract and we got 2.5million for Shefki the farmer! In return, we got a champions league winner in Benni, a new Shefki with better ball skills in Roberts, and a player who cost 13.5 million not too long ago on loan in Nonda, as well as Franny, who's a real risk, but with great risk comes great reward.

And we're missing Nelsen. Who is injured, will be back, and was probably the Premierships top defender last year. If not top, in the top 3. So, you've got a team with significant changes, missing their defensive linchpin, after a summer where transfers were delayed because of the world cup and training was shortened because of the international weekend, and people are going mental!

There's three types of football fan. Theres the bandwagoneers (######), the fair weather fans (same) and the ever optimistic football fan. If you're not following one of maybe ten clubs in the premiership, you need to be the third kind. I don't think there's any structural problems at the club. It's well run, with good facilities, and some very good players. It doesn't have a pile of mob, or masturbation money, but it does ok, and is often mentioned as the most financially stable club in the Prem after ManU (impressive, coz they've got a LARGE fanbase). We also are one of four clubs with a premiership title, and the only club in the history of english football to win the FA Cup three times running. We're in Europe, and in the Premiership, and its early days yet. They can be better, and they will get better. Last seasons start wasn't great either, was it? and where did we end up? Dissapointed that we didn't make the Champions League, that's where! Towards the end of the season, if we're still in the bottom three, then I'll worry. But UNTIL then, Sparky has shown that he can bring the team forward, and I'll trust him to do it.

The truth is we will miss Kuqi, Dickov and Bellamy as we have got replacements who just dont cut it...

We brought Nonda in to replace Kuqi. He's played 18 minutes for BRFC. I agree, he's been a complete disaster. How much longer do we give him? Another 10 minutes? Maybe another 25? Woe is me.

BTW - Good post daren.

Isnt it funny how when somebody has a bad performance on there first day at Rovers its ok as they were probably not fully gelled with the club yet and there fitness wasnt perfect bla bla bla, but when we sell someone and he has a poor first game for his new club it must mean he's pants.

The partnership of Roberts and Benni has been poor at best, Jeffers looked ok yesterday although his fitness level is still in doubt, and Nonda had one of the least uneventful debuts ever and just looks to similar a player to Roberts and Benni.

I must admit our strike partnership isnt all to blame (even if Benni did play woefully yesterday), our midfield has been non existent with Savage just looking to defensive in midfield and not getting forward enough, Gamst looking poor (even if i think he is our best midfielder at present), Bentley having flashed of decency although he never seems to come out with the final product. Reid has looked tired and poor at best and Tugay who we have all been waiting for to return to full fitness as he will make "all the difference" and he prooved yesterday that it is a larger problem all round which is making it impossible for us to perform...

I would also like to add that i dont think this is a "stupid thread" and it is actually highlighting some real problems some rovers fans on here have, mainly denial...

The simple fact is this cant carry on to go this way and something needs to change...

Well said RTM! That is probably your most reasoned post to date. Keep it up! ;)

Yes well done daren, everyone knows you got a big penis now!! How dare i agree with John, not when all of you have been laying into him for having his opinion... and now your doing the same to me!

RTM: You seem to have an unhealthy interest in other men's equipment! Kindly keep it to yourself there's a good boy!

Thanks! I DO have a big penis! How you spotted that across the Irish sea says how big it is! :blink:

I wasn't laying into you because you agreed with John, I was laying into you because in all your posts, I haven't seen much in the way of positive vibes. I agreed with your point that losing Bellamy was a problem, but there was no way we could have kept him, the same way there was no way that we could have kept Shearer. It happened, let it go. As for Dickov/Kuqi, I feel that we have more than adequately replaced them. And we got an outrageous sum of money for Kuqi. Just because the new boys haven't played well together in the Premiership yet doesn't mean they won't!

I was also pointing out that midfielders were horrendously expensive this summer, way over-valued, and we simply cannot afford to spend that much on one player at the moment. If you had a player you feel would improve the side and championed that, then fair enough, but you haven't. You've just griped in general terms.

We're all Rovers fans here, which means that none of us are bandwagoneers (we used to have bandwagon fans once. I'd love to see it again :) ). I'm saying it's no use being a fair-weather Rovers fan, because the weather has been changeable since 1995. We support a club that doesn't have the same pulling power as the big boys, and definitely doesn't have the finances, and the transfer market this summer was odd, to say the least.

To sum up. It's four games in, last season was nearly as bad, and we did really well last season. It won't take much to improve the performance enough to become a real threat again, and the key is the service from midfield to the strikers. Gamst needs to be dropped for Peter or Gally for a couple of games, to give us width, but aside from that the back line will settle, the front line will settle, and we'll all be kissing the Rovers crest after matches again. The club is in decent shape, we've great facilites, and a squad that, on paper at least, should have us more than safe enough by the end of the season. Why the doom and gloom, there aren't any structural problems! Creativity has been a bugbear for a few seasons, but we haven't been playing really badly aside from at Pompey. I trust Hughes to sort it out over the season. In fact, because we lost Bellamy we'll have to go for a more suitable solution, like a winger or holding midfielder. That could be a bonus. There were people on here advocating removing Hughes at this time last season, and it seems to me that that's essentially what you're saying again. Those people were proved wrong, and you will be as well.

Of course, I'm an incurable optimist when it comes to Rovers :rover:

Lastly, lets keep this discussion out of the muck, and keep personal comments (even compliments like yours earlier) out of it. It just takes from any good points you have.

As I started this thread (and I do admit it is fairly pointless!) I feel I should reflect on my original comments....

It was on the back of watching the review of last season in DVD last night and being heavily intoxicated - in that I obviously saw our best bits of play, goals from last year etc.

I do think it is easy to have a knee-jerk reaction to the start of the season and I am maybe guilty of this. Expectations are higher this season and that is because we were successful last season. We can make a more accurate assessment on how things are going after 8-10 games.

The real point of concern at the moment is that we do not seem a settled side so far. We do have options up front and defence but midfield and creativity wise we possibly are lacking.

As for personal insults, I agree in that we should leave them out and apologise for any comments I have made which has annoyed anyone.

I just hope we do ourselves justice in Europe on Thursday - afterall we are just a small town in Europe.

Edited by John

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.