BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy / Kuqi

John

While there are good reasons in isolation for Bellamy, Kuqi and Dickov to have left, the fact remains that collectively, 29 of last season's goals have to be replaced (plus probably 8 of MGP's at this rate) So the question as to whether or not the replacements will rustle up 37 goals is a valid one given what we have seen so far.

I would love Bellamy to come back but the words "i havent just come here for one season" are still ringing in my ears, as well as many other Rovers fans.

I know Roberts was injured for the Sheffield Utd game but it does make me wonder whether Sparky has noticed our need for someone more of a forward then striker, e.g. the way chris sutton was at Celtic, Franny is more of a forward who would provide (pass to Benni) as aposed to strike on target all the time.

I just think we need a solid couple of midfielders in a centre attacking midfielder and a right attacking midfielder. Who they are i have no idea.

Yes midfielders were expensive in the summer, but still think we should have tried for someone like Valencia who joined Wigan for a low fee...

Edited by Rover The Moon

I would love Bellamy to come back but the words "i havent just come here for one season" are still ringing in my ears, as well as many other Rovers fans.

I know Roberts was injured for the Sheffield Utd game but it does make me wonder whether Sparky has noticed our need for someone more of a forward then striker, e.g. the way chris sutton was at Celtic, Franny is more of a forward who would provide (pass to Benni) as aposed to strike on target all the time.

I just think we need a solid couple of midfielders in a centre attacking midfielder and a right attacking midfielder. Who they are i have no idea.

Yes midfielders were expensive in the summer, but still think we should have tried for someone like Valencia who joined Wigan for a low fee...

RTM: Are you always this tenacious?

That couldn't be further from the truth...Jeffers is one of the best examples you'll see of a traditional striker in the modern game. His entire game is about putting the ball in the back of the net...or being a 'fox in the box' as Wenger liked to call him. Being a link player and laying goals on for others never was and never will be part of his game.

That couldn't be further from the truth...Jeffers is one of the best examples you'll see of a traditional striker in the modern game. His entire game is about putting the ball in the back of the net...or being a 'fox in the box' as Wenger liked to call him. Being a link player and laying goals on for others never was and never will be part of his game.

Maybe so, but he did seem to be playing more of a providing role against Sheffield Utd. Worrying thing is he actually had a much more solid game then Benni!! :o

Fife Rover: "RTM: Are you always this tenacious?" What do you mean dude?

Edited by Rover The Moon

last season Bellany miss most of the first 4 months, always injured and after December Kuqi was truely shocking, although start of season we scored against weak teams

really Roberts (although looking poor) should be a far better replacement for Kuqi and McCarthy is a gamble but in "theory" close to Bellamy although not sure about that.

Plus we now have two extra strikers on top that need to re-produce old form

things should improve but we will have an average season probably

Its been awhile since my last post. Work is killing me atm. :D

But I do have some concerns (don't know where I can put it) after watching rovers this season. I am certainly no bandwagoneers as I'm no.1 fan of Hughes/Williams who both will definitely able to take us to the new heights in near future. :brfc:

But those so called 'bandwagoneers' do have a valid resaon to over-react after rovers performance recently.

Lack creativity is the main concern to most if not all, but I felt that its our attacking outlet becoming to predictable with our current play. So are we being founded by our rivals or are the players really under perform?

I hope Hughes does have a plan B in his mind instead of keep relying on our predictable 442 formation. Didn't Everton turn the tides around and nick a late equaliser after a change of players and formation? Its pain to see us struggling in the last period of time at Brammel Lane when Utd players rose to occasion and up the tempo while Hughes seems helpless to do anything with his subs.

Probably its early days yet but I hope Hughes sort out his squad asap as games are coming thick and fast now. While having in mind an alternative tactic (by throwing in a defensive player for an offensive one or v.v) or formation be it 451, 433, 352 when things don't go our way. As I see with our one and only formation now, we really need all 10 outfield players to perform in order to get any results. :(

Maybe so, but he did seem to be playing more of a providing role against Sheffield Utd. Worrying thing is he actually had a much more solid game then Benni!! :o

Fife Rover: "RTM: Are you always this tenacious?" What do you mean dude?

Thought you would never ask! I was referring to the fact that you are like a terrier with a bone in its teeth; you NEVER let go. Keep harping on and on and on about Rovers failure to buy a midfielder (or 2 or 3 or 4). That's being tenacious!

Oh and thanks for calling me "dude". Wonder what it means? Hmmmm..... (saunters off into the sunset).

John, I am sure at some point you said something nice about Bellamy so I'll leave him out. On Kuqi and Dickov, can you show me one of your old posts where you praised them for their efforts last season or was you with the majority and slammed them constantly.

I've always found it amusing how the moaners find players to get better once they have gone.

For pity's sake we are 4 games in we have not had the opportunity for a consistent line up, at least give the new lads time to gel a bit, bloody hell there was even an international break so they could not even train together. Okay Okay, Portsmouth one might cite, don't worry their bubble will burst.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.