BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes Up For The Chop

Eddie

Can all the Hughes detractors just allow their perhaps limited imaginations to wander far enough to envisage the scenario that some other club (not Man U.) decides to get rid of their manager and through the "channels" sound out MH to see if he is interested in the job. It COULD happen any time! How would you feel if he looks at the apparent lack of appreciation here and thinks "**** it , I have had enough of this lot" and accepts the offer taking his entourage with him in the process. Think about it!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im afraid im going to have to question Sparky in the transfer market?

I like David Dunn but surely persuing someone who has a history of injuries, the manager of (Steve Bruce) is cocking about with the amount he wants (1-2 million) and his potential compared to a young Haestad who has no history of injuries who was available on loan and massive potential is a mistake!?

Our squads average age is getting older and older and i would have loved a younger talent in Haestad coming in! Oh well!

:(

Yes, but the transfer window isn't even open yet so we really need to wait and see what is actually going to happen. All we have so far is a bit of speculation from some not very reliable sources so it's a bit harsh to say that Hughes has messed up yet.

Would you agree we need to get some younger talent in. Eg. not Gomaa, Sheringham etc... 30+

Were starting to look a bit slow on the pitch and need to bring in some fast legs!

Also Sparky not taking the chance with Stig at Start and Gamst giving Haestad a nudge isnt very good.

Im really disappointed! How many times does it need to be said that we need a new midfielder!!

Also Sparky not taking the chance with Stig at Start and Gamst giving Haestad a nudge isnt very good.

How many times have you seen him play?

The transfer window hasn't even opened yet and you're complaining about Sparky not signing players. What makes you think he hasn't got a more proven player than Haestad lined up? He has only played in the Norwegian league after all (no offense intended to Norwegian people).

:(

Good grief! So lets get this right WSR .... you don't rate Bellamy, Benni, Kuqi (possibly the best of the lot!?.... in a business sense), Nelsen, Bentley Ooijer, Mokoena, Savage, and Zurab as being good signings? Especially when the entire dealings for the lot of em probably cost less than Barry 'Backslider' Ferguson. :rolleyes:

As for a new midfielder we have Reid back soon apparently and sparky did want a creative attacking midfielder but missed out through simple circumstance on Petrov who has been a big player for Villa this season. But thats life as they say. In the meantime I wouldn't count out a planned move for Koumas or similar this window but Hughes is hardly likely to broadcast his targets to all and sundry is he?

I

Im really disappointed! How many times does it need to be said that we need a new midfielder!!

But he cant be too bad if Sparky has sent out scouts to see him and if several teams have been after him.

One minute you rate Hughes poorly the next you laud his judgement!? Make your mind up and never mind changing other members names you should change yours to 'Contrary Mary'. <_<

In the stadium? Never.

But he cant be too bad if Sparky has sent out scouts to see him and if several teams have been after him.

But hey LeChunksalot, if you dont like him then i dont like him! :P

Yes, he does look quite terrifying doesn't he WSR? ;)

One minute you rate Hughes poorly the next you laud his judgement!? Make your mind up and never mind changing other members names you should change yours to 'Contrary Mary'. <_<

:lol::lol:

i think with the budget hughes has had to work with, he has worked wonders!!

bentley, nelsen and benni have all been bought fairly cheap and think of their value now?

sold kuqi for 2.5m, and jeffers was only on a free so no harm there.

i think roberts has probably been the worst signing as he has not been fit for most of the season but thats football and not hughseys fault.

In the stadium? Never.

But hey LeChunksalot, if you dont like him then i dont like him! :P

For crying out loud.

Youve never seen the kid play, you reckon he might be good cos we sent scouts.

Now, Im of the opinion that a professional scout probably knows a little more about potential than you do.

Just a tad mind.

If we had all your "pet projects" we'd be relegated in no time.

For crying out loud.

Youve never seen the kid play, you reckon he might be good cos we sent scouts.

Now, Im of the opinion that a professional scout probably knows a little more about potential than you do.

Just a tad mind.

If we had all your "pet projects" we'd be relegated in no time.

I believe i said id never seen him play in the stadium. I never said i hadnt seen him play! :lol:

Wow people are eager to create arguments tonight!

I believe i said id never seen him play in the stadium. I never said i hadnt seen him play! :lol:

Wow people are eager to create arguments tonight!

So enlighten us.

What EXACTLY have you seen of this kid?

Seeing as you appear so devastated we havnt signed him

You should really go to the Dr's then! :D

Look im not going to explain myself every time i say something because thats the main reason my post amount is so high.

Your just gonna have to work it out for yourself ok!

You have seen a clip on youtube?

Are you sure you arent Graeme Souness?

You should really go to the Dr's then! :D

Look im not going to explain myself every time i say something because thats the main reason my post amount is so high.

Your just gonna have to work it out for yourself ok!

Oh charming! That's the last time I will try to help you out of a tight spot WSR.

Archived