SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes Up For The Chop

Eddie

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's that time of year WSR; the strain is becoming unbearable. :unsure:

Dude relax!! I was making a joke about what you just said above!! Wasnt meant as an insult or anything!

Can i just point out that Al is following me around the messageboard packing in as many insults as possible...

Rather silly me thinks! I got him on ignore so have no idea what he's said... Bet it was something about me though... No its not be being paranoid. He's just becoming predictable thats all...

And... Need i have to explain it! I seen Haestad play on Sky a couple of times for Norway as i was following Gamst... Granted it was a fair while ago... Besides, whats wrong with youtube? Its not like i can hop on a plane and go to Norway to see if he plays well for Start or something. You have to make do with the resources at hand! :tu:

Dude relax!! I was making a joke about what you just said above!! Wasnt meant as an insult or anything!

Can i just point out that Al is following me around the messageboard packing in as many insults as possible...

Rather silly me thinks! I got him on ignore so have no idea what he's said... Bet it was something about me though... No its not be being paranoid. He's just becoming predictable thats all...

And... Need i have to explain it! I seen Haestad play on Sky a couple of times for Norway as i was following Gamst... Granted it was a fair while ago... Besides, whats wrong with youtube? Its not like i can hop on a plane and go to Norway to see if he plays well for Start or something. You have to make do with the resources at hand! :tu:

Fife, was trying to back you up I think. And you don't have to reply to every single post. Be a bit more selective with your responses.

Seasons greetings

Dad and Grandad. :rover:

• 2 weeks later...

Has that bloody waste of time Mark Hughes not been potted yet eddie? You gave him til Jan and he's still bloody well malingering here! Them bloody directors dont know what they're doing do they? :rolleyes:

Ha Ha. Hopefully his teams performances have bought him another couple of weeks grace. :D

Has that bloody waste of time Mark Hughes not been potted yet eddie? You gave him til Jan and he's still bloody well malingering here! Them bloody directors dont know what they're doing do they? :rolleyes:

Ha Ha. Hopefully his teams performances have bought him another couple of weeks grace. :D

what a difference a few games makes :lol:

• 2 months later...

Things have gone very well since I started this topic. In fact they started going very well the game after I started this topic, but I still don't consider my feelings at the time to be knee-jerk. Whilst I was not calling for Hughes to be fired I was concerned by the state the club was in at the time and by the fact that many others seemed to not be worried. It looks foolish now, that I am happy to admit, but I am also very happy that Hughes managed to get us out of a situation that was very serious.

Things have gone very well since I started this topic. In fact they started going very well the game after I started this topic, but I still don't consider my feelings at the time to be knee-jerk. Whilst I was not calling for Hughes to be fired I was concerned by the state the club was in at the time and by the fact that many others seemed to not be worried. It looks foolish now, that I am happy to admit, but I am also very happy that Hughes managed to get us out of a situation that was very serious.

I will second this to be fair. While Eddie was premature in asking the question the resullts we had were poor.

No ones perfect, either Eddie or Hughes, and for the manager he is only as good as his results. At the time they were bad.

Very pleased myself things were sorted out though! Hughes has done an outstanding job this season in the face of injureis to key players.

If we finish in the top eight I will rank it a better managerial achievement than last season.

If we finish in the top eight I will rank it a better managerial achievement than last season.

I tend to agree with that given the appalling injuries that we have suffered. One thing Hughes and his team have succeeded in doing imo is giving the players confidence in themselves and belief in their team mates. Not an easy skill but completely necessary for any sort of success to be achieved. No lack of respect for opposing teams but they certainly do not seem overawed by any. In fact they appear to mirror Hughes's own character to a tee.

Archived