BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Shop ?

I told her she was pathetic anyway, told her she needed to sort out her priorities with her line manager and understand that this could have cost the club £155 in this one instance alone.

Its ok to be so stubborn if we are likely to sell all our tickets, but if not then surely common sense has to win the day.

Iv had a season ticket for at least 10 years. The girlfriend 4 years and other in my family have also had tickets for years. Why cant they link that fact in some sort of 'family-tree' history and realise I aint going to buy tickets for some Manc Scumbag.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't be bothered doing the maths to be honest but the fact that there were only 3,000 empty seats suggests that Rovers pricing was not much out.

For example if they had reduced ticket prices to £25 would they have made as much money as they did selling 3,000 less at £30. I doubt it!

Come on some boffin work that out for me.

I didn't go yesterday but that was due to logistics not to do with costing. Rovers can't give their football away just like comet can't give their flat screen HD teles away. They are a business after all!!!

Surely a football club is a bit more than just a business?

We're not talking Marks & Spencers or Tesco.

Business brand loyalty is a fickle thing, easily broken and subject to the whims of the consumer.

The same cannot be said for a true football fan's relationship with his/her club.

When will people realise we could give tickets away for free and we still wouldn't fill the ground, Simply not enough fans. The good times are gone. New ideas needed and i'm not talking prayer rooms.

Whatever the press says about the credit crunch hitting now people have been tightening their belts for a while. Unfortunately those fans who view football as purely a leisure activity (and football clubs need these people no matter what anybody says) and go for the entertainment alone have dropped watching Rovers to save money. I think Rovers have been facing that for a while. A more entertaining brand of football may well help in the long run though. What do Rovers do to attract people to the club again? Offers on tickets?

When will people realise we could give tickets away for free and we still wouldn't fill the ground, Simply not enough fans. The good times are gone. New ideas needed and i'm not talking prayer rooms.

Speaking of the prayer room and apologies for raising it on a separate thread, but did anyone else notice that the sign for the multi-faith room had been replaced with a staff only one.

anybody any ideas?

I agree with that sentiment - The fans wanted it, the club got it back, now support them by buying from them.

I did for my home kit, saw it in town and said "No il buy it from our shop".

Im hoping that they add much more prior to Christmas, that way il be making some suggestions to people for present ideas.

I did for my home kit, saw it in town and said "No il buy it from our shop".

I got my away kit from JJB and purely for the reason that they would do any name, any number for £5. I e-mailed the club and told them the reason and that they should think about offering pre printed player shirts for a similar price.

The shirt would have been about £10 more expensive through rovers.

Still i am buying all the cheap merch available for my car! :rover:

Yeah, it's best to get all the stuff from Rovers' own store. I would imagine that they get to see more money this way?

I've ordered both the away jersey and the centenary shirt online and they both came quickly, no problems.

those retro shirts look awesome, i'll be stocking up on a home and retro shirt plus a few extras. awesome to see the store full of more options.

Yeah they are. Pleased with the quality of them. They are a lot more fitted than the usual footy shirts so actually look smart at the pub!

Ann Summers 11 v Agent Provocateur 11 prior to the game? Perhaps instead of the game? Just a thought.

Might attract you blokes but not the large number of female fans. Now Roque playing in his cycling shorts seems to be something that might attract both women and a fair number of the guys on here too.

QUOTE (Ste B @ Oct 9 2008, 12:43 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that not a personal attack ;)

Why not just order the stuff online and avoid that problem.

as yoda pointed out,its true.

online never thought of that oops.

Might attract you blokes but not the large number of female fans. Now Roque playing in his cycling shorts seems to be something that might attract both women and a fair number of the guys on here too.

I will do a pole dance in a borat suit and peel it off slowly just for you :lol:B)

Archived