BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Shop ?

Because the only game where tickets are currently is the Manchester United match, and these are only available to registered fans with a purchasing history.

If you were to log on in a week's time for instance then I'm sure the games against Middlesbrough and Chelsea would be available to buy.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully there will be some pint glasses available on-line soon, all me mates have their own pint glasses with their team on at my local, and it's been doing my head in that I haven't been able to get one :(

fingers crossed that they will available soon!

Does anyone know if they are available in the club shop?

If you were to log on in a week's time for instance then I'm sure the games against Middlesbrough and Chelsea would be available to buy.

They're home games though. Why aren't away games available on line, it's a round trip of thirty miles or a credit card charge for each game.

Because the only game where tickets are currently is the Manchester United match, and these are only available to registered fans with a purchasing history.

Fair enough, but why aren't all the home games available on line? I can book months ahead at my local theatre, or for a flight, or for the Toronto Blue Jays or for just about anything.

Fair enough, but why aren't all the home games available on line? I can book months ahead at my local theatre, or for a flight, or for the Toronto Blue Jays or for just about anything.

Blimey EIT - Rovers are struggling to get the punters through the door for tomorrow night against the European Club Champions!! I don't think they need to worry about Stoke City at Ewood on December 20th just yet - it'll wait a day or two ...

hello everyone,

I know long time no hear have been ok. 2K a week after the launch of the club shop I was in there and am pretty sure I saw they have pint glasses in the shop, it will take time to add these to the internet but am pretty sure they do them in the club shop. For everyone who tried to help with regards to obtaining the BRFC decanter my years of frustration have finally come to an end have finally managed to win an auction on ebay and will be receiving the decanter shortly so am chuffed to bits,anyone know when the club are likely to be selling the glasses for the decanter set the big glasses for whiskey and coke?

laters.

Get up to Ewood Sav they have those glasses in stock now.

Kick-off and dates change due to TV, UEFA Cup etc. Also the club may run the occasional ticket promotion which is different from the norm.

However I don't disagree with you. As the person who gets all the emails that come into the club we do get a lot of people who like to plan ahead and we don't really have a facility for them.

Over 3000 empty seats in the ground says it all and emphasises that Rovers can do better with ticket sales.

All the worry about away fan infiltration today didnt materialise, there were none in JW Upper and looking aound didnt see any muppets and morons cheering when the scum scored.

Perhaps a little leeway in ticket sales as previosuly discussed might have seen under 3k seats empty.

Over 3000 empty seats in the ground says it all and emphasises that Rovers can do better with ticket sales.

All the worry about away fan infiltration today didnt materialise, there were none in JW Upper and looking aound didnt see any muppets and morons cheering when the scum scored.

Perhaps a little leeway in ticket sales as previosuly discussed might have seen under 3k seats empty.

Do you know of any Rovers fan having to miss the game today because of the difficulty of obtaining a ticket?

I knew of 5. I tried getting them tickets as Im a season ticket holder of 10 years, and the woman made it so very difficult for me. Basically I wasnt allowed 5 due to not having a history of buying home tickets. (Well why would I when I have a season ticket)

Luckily for the club they managed to get them through other sources.

I knew of 5. I tried getting them tickets as Im a season ticket holder of 10 years, and the woman made it so very difficult for me. Basically I wasnt allowed 5 due to not having a history of buying home tickets. (Well why would I when I have a season ticket)

So you don't know anyone who failed to get into the ground then - to answer the original question.

And presumably you've offered your five glory hunters tickets to see Rovers v Stoke City in a few weeks?? I'm sure none of the TO staff will make that transaction too difficult!

Over 3000 empty seats and a half-empty family enclosure suggests that the club got its pricing strategy wrong.

If it's correct that adult prices were starting at 28GBP, and generally being priced at 35GBP, it's no surprise some local fans baulked at paying these. This is particularly short-sighted given the current tide of economic woe threatening to engulf the UK (never far away in East Lancs, sadly) and the fact that the game was televised.

The club should do everything reasonably possible to ensure that games like these are fully sold out, particularly in regard to younger supporters.

Occasions like yesterday should be used to coax the non-committed locals down to Ewood. In such atmospheres are impressionable identities molded and long-term allegiances forged. Perhaps thereafter, (yesterday's disappointing performance notwithstanding) some might be encouraged to turn up more often.

A reluctant parent might be persuaded to be dragged along by a star-struck kid for say 20 - 25 GBP, but those prices on offer presented the perfect excuse for a wary parent to tell the kids, 'sorry, but we can't afford those prices'……..

Footnote: As is, even amongst the regiment of arm chair fans, the sight of rows of empty seats for such a high profile game, translates as local apathy and discourages future engagement with the club (i.e. the 'if they can't be bothered, why should we' attitude). The TV companies aren't daft and will have taken note. For a club touting itself to potential investors, this is a particularly poor business strategy and sends out all the wrong signals.

There was in my part of JW Upper - even to the extent two middle aged men (one ManU , one Rovers) had a fight.

Think the last time the police had to intervene in the area was Celtic at home.

So you don't know anyone who failed to get into the ground then - to answer the original question.

And presumably you've offered your five glory hunters tickets to see Rovers v Stoke City in a few weeks?? I'm sure none of the TO staff will make that transaction too difficult!

No they will be back home in India then Tris. They used to live in Blackburn but have gone to live with their families in India. Sorry remind me what was your point?

I can't be bothered doing the maths to be honest but the fact that there were only 3,000 empty seats suggests that Rovers pricing was not much out.

For example if they had reduced ticket prices to £25 would they have made as much money as they did selling 3,000 less at £30. I doubt it!

Come on some boffin work that out for me.

I didn't go yesterday but that was due to logistics not to do with costing. Rovers can't give their football away just like comet can't give their flat screen HD teles away. They are a business after all!!!

I gave my ST to a friend and then later bought myself a ticket - complicated I know. Anyway a Man Utd fan 50ish was sat close to my normal ST seat and was ejected. My friend said the Utd fan was aggressive and goading those around him.

I sat in row 22, seat 160, just across the aisle from the posh seats. There was at least one Man Utd fan in the posh, corporate seats - clearly identifiable by his annoying habit of standing up, clapping and cheering at the wrong moments ( the whole game!). Now I know this was corporate because another friend of mine was sat four seats away from him and was on the same jolly. It seems if you pay enough you can infiltrate the home areas.

I find that surprising Hughesy. I'd given my STs away and suddenly found out at 2.30 I could get back in time for the game. I rang the T/O - 3 hours before KO - explained the situation and bought a ticket without any problem. It was waiting for me to collect on arrival. I can also say I've bought at least 4 tickets extra on other occassions for similar profile games just on the basis of being an ST holder. Seems to me this lady got it wrong.

Archived