BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't like Benitez anyway and am beginning to dislike Liverpool FC even more after this love fest. <_<

I agree. 18 pages about Liverpoo on a Blackburn Rovers Messageboard!!!!

I was reffering to the Champions League Final, Arsenal came as Runners - Up (2nd) where as Liverepool actually won it (1st)

Don't you think that the league provides a better test of a team's quality?

Don't like Benitez anyway and am beginning to dislike Liverpool FC even more after this love fest. <_<

We have to be nice to Liverpool and keep them sweet if we want Bellamy back.

What baffles me is the stick Lucash got for leaving after so many god years service, yet Bellamy just walks out and can walk back in with an heroes reception.

Nothing against Bellamy, I've welcome him back,it's just business ain't it, but why such double standards towards Lucash.

You will have to play just as many games against top sides in the league as you will in the Champions League; however, unlike in the champions league the league will test you in all conditions and against all types of oppsitions and will also prove that you stand the test of time and haven't simply got through the odd two-legged tie by the skin of your teeth. They are both big competitions and both are worth winning, but the premiership is a much better test of how good a side is.

I gave up this a while a go but you are never going to convince him otherwise Eddie. First he was arguing he is the best manager, now he is only better then Wenger and we have conveniently forgot about Mourinho and Siralex.

Very hard to hit a moving target. You might as well let him have his fantasy.

And you are quite right, it wasn't a masterstroke bringing Hamann on because he should have done that from the start. Liverpool showed that whoel year that they couldn't play Gerrard and Xabi without Hamann as well, so why Benitez thought he "hmm I can't deliver in the Premiership with this formation maybe I can still over run Pirlo, Gattuso and Kaka with this formation" is beyond me, oh I know......because he is a fraud.

We have to be nice to Liverpool and keep them sweet if we want Bellamy back.

What baffles me is the stick Lucash got for leaving after so many god years service, yet Bellamy just walks out and can walk back in with an heroes reception.

Nothing against Bellamy, I've welcome him back,it's just business ain't it, but why such double standards towards Lucash.

Strange really, I think it's because Lucas didn't go to Liverpool seemingly choosing the cash option above the 'enhancement' he so strongly desired. I wonder if he will be proved right after all, and West Ham will do wondrous things next season <_<

I gave up this a while a go but you are never going to convince him otherwise Eddie. First he was arguing he is the best manager, now he is only better then Wenger and we have conveniently forgot about Mourinho and Siralex.

Very hard to hit a moving target. You might as well let him have his fantasy.

And you are quite right, it wasn't a masterstroke bringing Hamann on because he should have done that from the start. Liverpool showed that whoel year that they couldn't play Gerrard and Xabi without Hamann as well, so why Benitez thought he "hmm I can't deliver in the Premiership with this formation maybe I can still over run Pirlo, Gattuso and Kaka with this formation" is beyond me, oh I know......because he is a fraud.

Sounds like your a better manager that Benitez himself, might give the new owners a good word in for you, you'll have to sort out the travel out yourself though.

Don't you think that the league provides a better test of a team's quality?

You will have to play just as many games against top sides in the league as you will in the Champions League; however, unlike in the champions league the league will test you in all conditions and against all types of oppsitions and will also prove that you stand the test of time and haven't simply got through the odd two-legged tie by the skin of your teeth. They are both big competitions and both are worth winning, but the premiership is a much better test of how good a side is.

Answer the question.

Answer the question.

Like i've said before, when you play in Europe you test yourself againts the best, conditions??, when a team plays in a league it plays in one country only but when your in Europe you obviously go to different countires so its much harder because the kick off times are diiferent as is the climate.

Kick-off times are different? Are you seriously saying that Benitez is a better manager because he sometimes has to play an hour later than he might be used to? Come on. I mean even in England you play at various different times, so that's possibly the worst justification you've come up with yet. In the premiership the top 4 play 6 games against sides who have a serious chance of winning the champions league, they will then play four, maybe even six (depending on the season), against sides with a serious chance of winning the UEFA cup. Sides like Watford are still better than some of the smaller clubs teams that make it into European competition. You will struggle to find anyone in the world who considers any sort of club competition to be a better indication of overall quality than a league, be it of the manger or players.

Sounds like your a better manager that Benitez himself, might give the new owners a good word in for you, you'll have to sort out the travel out yourself though.

Sounds like it doesn't it :wstu:

Even Souness would have shown more tactical nouse

Your argument is in the crapper, kick off times now? FFS :lol: :lol:

This is getting silly now. Roar, just admit you're a Liverpool fan on a wind-up. So will Benitez be a great manager because his name has the letter Z in it, just like Zidane? Or that he chews sugar free gum, whereas other managers don't?

As for the climate argument, a game against Marsailles or Barcelona is hardly like playing on the moon without a spacesuit is it? A game in Moscow may be different because winter is colder there, but again, it isn't like you're knee deep in snow, and playing round reindeer who have strayed onto the pitch.

Your team lost the Champions League, and are miles away from winning the league. Get over it and stop making excuses.

This is getting silly now. Roar, just admit you're a Liverpool fan on a wind-up. So will Benitez be a great manager because his name has the letter Z in it, just like Zidane? Or that he chews sugar free gum, whereas other managers don't?

As for the climate argument, a game against Marsailles or Barcelona is hardly like playing on the moon without a spacesuit is it? A game in Moscow may be different because winter is colder there, but again, it isn't like you're knee deep in snow, and playing round reindeer who have strayed onto the pitch.

Your team lost the Champions League, and are miles away from winning the league. Get over it and stop making excuses.

Which team is harder to face. Watford or Barcelona

Portsmouth or PSV

Charlton or Galatasary.

You can say what you lot want but in my eyes Rafa is a good manager especially in Europe and his record speakes for itself.

Billy your not a footballer yourself so i don't think you can judge climate.

Anyway when you play in the Champions League you play the Best, not teams like Watford, Charlton, etc.

Kick-off times are different? Are you seriously saying that Benitez is a better manager because he sometimes has to play an hour later than he might be used to? Come on. I mean even in England you play at various different times, so that's possibly the worst justification you've come up with yet. In the premiership the top 4 play 6 games against sides who have a serious chance of winning the champions league, they will then play four, maybe even six (depending on the season), against sides with a serious chance of winning the UEFA cup. Sides like Watford are still better than some of the smaller clubs teams that make it into European competition. You will struggle to find anyone in the world who considers any sort of club competition to be a better indication of overall quality than a league, be it of the manger or players.

Which 6 sides have a chance of winning the Champions League?? Everton??

You name me one side that got knocked out in the Group Stages that are worse than Watford??

Sorry, that was supposed to be 6 games.

Levski Sofia are probably on a par with watford, possibly worse and the three sides that Liverpool faced in the group stages would not even be guaranteed a place in the top six in the premiership.

Sorry, that was supposed to be 6 games.

Levski Sofia are probably on a par with watford, possibly worse and the three sides that Liverpool faced in the group stages would not even be guaranteed a place in the top six in the premiership.

Levski go to the Quarter Finals of the UEFA Cup in 05/06, do you think Watford would've achieved that? Even we didn't achive that this season.

No, I am talking sense. They are cups and almost any side can go on a cup run. It all stems back to the original point that cup runs prove nothing. I'm sure that you will miss that though, even if you have ended up using it yourself.

No, I am talking sense. They are cups and almost any side can go on a cup run. It all stems back to the original point that cup runs prove nothing. I'm sure that you will miss that though, even if you have ended up using it yourself.

Alright i'm going to put this one to bed, Liverpool ARE the most succesful team in England, there nothing You or I could do about it! (18 League Titles and 5 European Cups) Besides just support our team so that one day we could be as succesful as them.

Archived