BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football League Clubs Raided

Are we sure Rovers haven't been raided. The Newcastle fans up here think it's got something to do with Souness, which makes me worry a bit!

The Stevens enquiry didn't investigate back as far as Souness's reign at Ewood so we should be off the hook.

I'm curious about deals like Fergusson and Amoruso but would rather the club stayed out any legal shenanigans.

The Stevens enquiry didn't investigate back as far as Souness's reign at Ewood so we should be off the hook.

I'm curious about deals like Fergusson and Amoruso but would rather the club stayed out any legal shenanigans.

The police have stressed there is no connection to the stevens enquiry

On the BBC website it mentions that the investigation is not connected to the Stevens inquiry which gets me worried!

Its not connected to the Stevens report and of course the Police can investigate anything they want and certainly back into the time Souness was Manager at Rovers to answer the question above.

A common denominator between Rangers and Newcastle is Souness and Boumsong.

I think we need to be careful with names and speculation on this thread.

Now that Newcastle have been confirmed as one of the teams, I'll bet one of the others is Bolton.

Reading that, after hearing that there's a good chance that club number two might be Glasgow Rangers, made me smile. Seen a common denominator in this yet Country Cousins? :rolleyes:

Having said that, if it was you surely the story would have broken? It's not something you can keep quiet is it? Mind you, there's another one out there yet.

Bet your a**e was twitching over there on t'moors though eh Trotter?

Not really. Right from the outset Plod has stated that this is not connected to the earlier enquiry. Add to that the fact that the Panorama allegations against BWFC were risible, our then manager (who may have had something to answer for) has slunk off into the Land of the Flabby Titted Men and the earlier enquiry actually praised BWFC for their support in the investigations (unlike some other clubs and individuals) and I have been fairly relaxed about today's activities. (I didn't think it was coming near BRFC's door either.)

I can't think of a nicer bunch than the Barcodes, Pompey and Rangers. (Pity West Ham couldn't have made a celebrity appearance, I suppose.)

Not really. Right from the outset Plod has stated that this is not connected to the earlier enquiry. Add to that the fact that the Panorama allegations against BWFC were risible, our then manager (who may have had something to answer for) has slunk off into the Land of the Flabby Titted Men and the earlier enquiry actually praised BWFC for their support in the investigations (unlike some other clubs and individuals) and I have been fairly relaxed about today's activities. (I didn't think it was coming near BRFC's door either.)

I can't think of a nicer bunch than the Barcodes, Pompey and Rangers. (Pity West Ham couldn't have made a celebrity appearance, I suppose.)

Plenty of boards were speculating that Bolton were one of the three. To be honest I really wanted West Ham to be one of them.

Try this link to Sky Sports.

Interesting that it was "City of London" police that raided Newcastle. The club have issued a statement saying "it wasn't directed at us" so I wonder who it WAS directed at and what the hells going on.

Archived