BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston - Saturday

Good to see us score from set pieces, we've been struggling to do that for quite some time. Samba's runs and headers which lead to the two goals is a great thing to see, he's got all the ability to be a real threat at set pieces - we're talking about 8-10 goals a season if Gamst and Bentley can keep the quality of their set pieces. No one can really stop the big man if the delivery is good, it will be interesting to see if we can keep that up.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, try reading and understanding the message a little more, as for Dunn hes still... too slow, when he ended up on the edge of the penalty area at the start of the second half on a one v one situation and he just froze stood still wondering what to do next and then lost the ball without getting a shot on goal for me was very poor indeed - if you think thats exceptable then when we come up against faster smarter opposition we wont win with Dunny in the team.

I remember in the semi final at Chelsea he, or maybe one of our players - I'm not sure - lost the ball with Dunn positioned at the edge of the opposition box. He sprinted nearly the full length of the pitch to break up the move and was one of our deepest positioned players. In terms of physical speed, I don't see mucn of a problem, and he looks in good shape too. I can't say I remember him being particularly slow in thinking of what to do with the ball at his feet either.

I haven't see any of our pre-season games, but on the showing of some of his performances last season, Chelsea in particular, I think he will be an important player this season. I would love to see it. I find it a bit strange how much stick he gets.

The Guardian predicts Rovers to finish 11th this season.

Also, out of genuine interest, does anybody know of any Rovers related bets concerning our final position in the league. If there is a bet on that we will finish in the top half and the odds are even half decent, I'll take it. I think we will do very well this season.

Also, out of genuine interest, does anybody know of any Rovers related bets concerning our final position in the league. If there is a bet on that we will finish in the top half and the odds are even half decent, I'll take it. I think we will do very well this season.

The closest I can think of from work is Premiership without the big 4, I think we're 14/1. But if you do it each way we can finish 5th, 6th or 7ths and you'll still win

Hughes will have a selection headache if Dunn plays ok but starts getting goals from CM. No-one else besides Reid is capable. Mind you with CC games and UEFA cup pre Xmas, everyone's going to get a game.

For Dunny it's make or break. If he fails he could end up in the championship next season (with someone else!). I think he'll pull through. His work rate has to go up a couple more notches though. He is our most talented player in the last 30 years in that position. Reid is an athlete, Savage non creative and Tugay doesn't often get that far up field these days.

By Xmas I can see Reid and Dunny being first choice though Hughes banks on Savage as a huge stabilising effect on the team, leading by example. However 33/34 and 6 months out is a big ask to come back. Savage without energy is a reserve team player.

I remember in the semi final at Chelsea he, or maybe one of our players - I'm not sure - lost the ball with Dunn positioned at the edge of the opposition box. He sprinted nearly the full length of the pitch to break up the move and was one of our deepest positioned players. In terms of physical speed, I don't see mucn of a problem, and he looks in good shape too. I can't say I remember him being particularly slow in thinking of what to do with the ball at his feet either.

I haven't see any of our pre-season games, but on the showing of some of his performances last season, Chelsea in particular, I think he will be an important player this season. I would love to see it. I find it a bit strange how much stick he gets.

So why tcj... did Dunny end up being substituted by Mark Hughes in that game after 60 plus minutes or so if he was as good as you say?

Dunny lacks speed ....against Preston he ran back, he ran forward, he gave it his all, i'm not faulting him for commitment but i'm looking for an increase in the probability of sucess for Rovers - i aint seeing it yet with Dunny though its only pre season. If i do i will be straight on here saying what i've seen and the positives to go with it.

He didn't. He was subbed in the 1st half of extra time. Get your facts right if you're going to (consistantly) lay in to one of our players

Apologies, i'm not anti Dunny i want him to do well, just like any local lad but Rovers winning comes above any local loyalties hope i'm making myself clear.

Apologies, i'm not anti Dunny i want him to do well, just like any local lad but Rovers winning comes above any local loyalties hope i'm making myself clear.

You've made yourself very clear, both now and in the past. The fact that you're on here slagging off Dunn after he's just put in a man of the match performance against Preston shows everyone your true feelings perfectly clearly.

Seen a couple of suggestions tcj, here's another comparison site, so a few bookies who are offering a top 10 finish bet.......... try here or here's a spread market.......go here, click 'football' then 'premiership' then 'season markets' then 'finishing positions'. At the time of writing, you can get 10.3 (sell price) so if you bet a fiver per place and we finsh 9th, you win 1.3 * 5 = 6.50 : on the other hand if we finish 12th, you lose 1.7 * 5 = 8.50

Archived