BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston - Saturday

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roque looks the spitting image of 'Rocky' Stallone in one of the pics on the Rovers site! :blink:

Mind you he does look well in the red & white halves. Can't wait to see the impact he has on the side overall, especially in the home kit. I must say I am looking forward to the new season somewhat. Bring it on!

Can't feel sorry for North End, though I don't wish them bad. I just hope Rovers remember that this was pre-season and that the real battle starts now, rather than resting on their laurels (tho I can't see Hughesey letting complacency set in this early).

:rover:

:lol: Ass Licker

Basically asking us to send him players on loan :lol:

I think what he said is fair play really. We really do look like a quality team now and I cant remember the last time we had so much quality all over the pitch and on the subs bench. Even back in the King Kenny days we didnt really have strength in depth and top players on the bench.

I do think however, that Simpson was trying to hide his team frailties by heaping praise on us, and you couldn't help sense the feeling of apprehension with the PNE fans on saturday and they must be relegation candidates. Oh well, that's their problem!

Lest we forget.............

Must say their support is abysmal given their location and population demographics. Should serve as a warning to us all should we slip up and get relegated for more than a year or two. If we had had their modern history over the last 25 years or so I shudder to think how many 'faithful' would bother to turn up at Ewood most Saturdays.

Thanks largely to the press and media ignoring all but the Prem league it seems to me that today's kids only want to see and be associated with top teams and top players ..... and those kids soon grow into disinterested adults with kids of their own. Even worse some a %age would turn into mickey mousers or mancs and be lost for good. :brfc:

:lol: Ass Licker

Basically asking us to send him players on loan :lol:

I travelled to the game with a Nob Ender and funnily enough I was telling him they should look into getting Gally on loan from us. Preston were dire on Saturday. They overachieved last season (then blew it at the end) and have since lost their best player. They'll struggle this season.

I travelled to the game with a Nob Ender and funnily enough I was telling him they should look into getting Gally on loan from us. Preston were dire on Saturday. They overachieved last season (then blew it at the end) and have since lost their best player. They'll struggle this season.

But i think it would be in gallys best interest to move to another club permanently though, Hughes obviously doesnt see him as a 1st teamer . Hes 22 now and needs to play regular football , which he wont get at Rovers. Its a shame as i rate him quite highly, i think he does a good job on the right wing.

• 2 weeks later...

After three games, no goals, one League point and a defeat at home to Morecambe it appears that PNE really are as bad as they appeared against us.

With Bolton also facing a mini crisis it can only be good news for the mighty Lancashire Uni.................. I mean Blackburn Rovers. :)

Sure would be nice to have us as the only Lancashire team in the Prem by this time next year ......................... with Blackpool as our strongest opposition!

Sure would be nice to have us as the only Lancashire team in the Prem by this time next year ......................... with Blackpool as our strongest opposition!

No, no, no, no ! I want all the Lancashire town teams in the Prem - including Burnley and Preston.

Or would you rather watch the delights of Reading and Watford ?

No, no, no, no ! I want all the Lancashire town teams in the Prem - including Burnley and Preston.

Or would you rather watch the delights of Reading and Watford ?

Reading & Watford anyday :tu:

Archived