BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One Of Only 3 Undefeated

PLZ Blue

With Newcastle losing last night @ Derby, the undefeated list leaves just us, Liverpool and Arsenal... pretty good company.

I am sure that we would all agree that we have had the toughest fixtures thus far having won against Man City and drawn with both Arsenal and Chelsea.

Our "easier" fixtures are now ahead with Portsmouth, Sunderland, Birmingham and Reading up next before we take on Spurs.

If we can keep our form up, we should be well placed by mid October.

With Newcastle losing last night @ Derby, the undefeated list leaves just us, Liverpool and Arsenal... pretty good company.

I am sure that we would all agree that we have had the toughest fixtures thus far having won against Man City and drawn with both Arsenal and Chelsea.

Our "easier" fixtures are now ahead with Portsmouth, Sunderland, Birmingham and Reading up next before we take on Spurs.

When do we play one of the bottom 3?

Derby away was easy but Newcastle were well beaten.

Everyone of our next four opponents is very capable of beating us.

No they aren't. that's 12 points in the bag :rover:

Blackburn Rovers v Portsmouth

Sunderland v Blackburn

Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City

Blackburn Rovers v Reading

We usually play well come Christmas and January, so will be interesting to see if things are the other way around this year.

The next four games should really at least mean ten points for Rovers, but when even Derby managed to pull off a win - everyone's able to beat everyone.

Long may it continue anyway, and to be honest - the top four aside I will be disappointed with anything less than three points in any game.

Tempting fate there....these are the games we usually loose. But i have to say i never thought we would get 9 points from those opening fixtures.

I was thinking it was more likely to be the other way around.

We could win every one. My guess is that we will survive all four.

.... then Spuds away... which we drew last season...

so who knows where this will end?

Come on the Rovers :rover:

Blackburn Rovers v Portsmouth - Rovers win

Sunderland v Blackburn - Draw

Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City - Draw

Blackburn Rovers v Reading - Rovers win

That's how I can imagine it panning out. We all know that in theory with the start we've made we should be taking 12 points here, but football (and indeed Rovers) never works out like that.

It's never easy going to one of the promoted teams after an international break. If you saw the game, Derby were flying all over the place. They were playing at a incredible tempo, something they can't keep doing over the course of the season.

(just looked it up)

Liverpool

Brum Home (win)

Reading Away (win)

Wigan Away (win)

Spurs Home (draw)

Then the Liverpool derby which they could lose

Arsenal

Derby Home (win)

Newcastle Home (can't call)

West Ham Away (can't call)

Sunderland Home (win)

Then at home to Bolton which normally they would lose, but this season…...

Could be an interesting next few weeks.

No they aren't. that's 12 points in the bag :rover:

Lets just hope the players don't think like that - thats why we lose to all the bottom clubs, we just think we turn up and it's 3 points.

I know what you mean though, it should be 12 points :rover:

October 14th is an international weekend so no game with Reading but the others are reasonable fixtures where we could remain undefeated for a bit longer. Anyone else thought newcastle were absolute rubbish last night; Allardyce has yet to prove the Messiah. Perhaps having Northern Rock on their shirts didnt help!!

These games are a big test. We need to make the most of our good start and win all of these games. It seems a lot to win 4 games on the bounce and have an unbeaten run stretching that far into the season, but if we really want to achieve things in the league then these are games that we have to win. We are better than all of them, so if we perform we will win.

Under the re-newed confidence with Hughes - I think we will win the home games and draw at Sunderland

I think there's more steel this season with our team and more belief . 10 points is a distinct possibility - 12 would have me on the verge of alcoholism :blink:

The cup games are mixed in there , though - a good away win tomorrow would set things up nicely with the opportunity for resting players . Not too bothered about the League Cup this time ....

Archived