BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes Targeted By Spuds!

ABBEY

I'm not cross about being taken for a male. Just pointing out a fact. I'm sure I've explained the reason behind the name before but if I haven't I teach German and like the German word for Wellies so used the English translation here(German word being long and hard to spell). I quite like being taken for a grumpy old man most of the time anyway.

I'm not cross about being taken for a male. Just pointing out a fact. I'm sure I've explained the reason behind the name before but if I haven't I teach German and like the German word for Wellies so used the English translation here(German word being long and hard to spell). I quite like being taken for a grumpy old man most of the time anyway.

Steady on now! I am not ready to relinquish my title just yet. :lol:

A solid manager but not much else, imo.

Bit of a smug @#/?. Don't much like him but he does seem to get his players to perform. Very positive outlook. Better bet than Sturrock huh 6? Sorry, couldn't resist.

It was in the papers last week anyway. I did hear a rumour from someone who might know that Hughes was getting fed up with the small crowds at Ewood and might look to leave because of it, however, and that worried me more than anything I read in the Sun.

Far more likely that he might at some point get fed up with the lack of financial backing from the Board and Trustees.

Shame there doesn't appear to be a credible takeover in the offing at present.

With regards to a credible take-over, the first we are likely to hear of it is that it is a done deal. There is no way the Board or Trustees would want another Dan Williams-style farce which was only of theitr making to the extent they had kept fans informed that they had appointed financial advisers. Everything after that was dreamworld stuff.

However, whatever the state of play in the negotiations with the mystery other party Alan Nixon says exists, Mark Hughes will be informed.

The news that the Ajax coach is definitely going to take a position at Chelsea is likely to set off a game of musical chairs. The obvious move is Jol to Ajax BUT Jol is probably earning three times more than Ajax were paying their coach and there is the little matter of the £5m pay-off if he gets sacked.

Then there is the issue of every manager Spurs have tried to get to replace Jol has rejected them. That alone should make a fifth or sixth choicer (in the eyes of the Spurs board) like Mark Hughes be extremely wary of taking the job. He can be under no illusion that a hesitant start with what is clearly an unbalanced squad combined with a higher level choice becoming available and his great career would have a huge great dent in it.

Those of us who don't think Sparky would be tempted to go to Spurs are probably about to have our theories tested.

I thought last night when watching SSNews that the Ten Cate situation is not good news. <_<

I doubt it.... but I wonder if Mourinho might be tempted instead of sitting on a beach hoping against hope for the old RFW to drop off his managerial perch sooner rather than later?

I doubt it.... but I wonder if Mourinho might be tempted instead of sitting on a beach hoping against hope for the old RFW to drop off his managerial perch sooner rather than later?

On one level, that would be extremely funny, watching the "special one" leave Chelski in his wake.

Would be a two edged sword for Rovers. He would probably turn Spuds into a genuine force meaning there was one more club we couldn't realistically finish above over the course of a season.

On the other hand, if he went to Spuds and BFS stayed at Newcastle for the forseeable future it's one less job to realistically tempt Sparky.

Mourinho is on gardening leave for the rest of this season so far as the Premiership is concerned.

That could have kept Jol in a job for the rest of the season but now the Ajax vacancy is appearing, Spurs might lose Jol after all if an exit to Jol's satisfaction (ie a sacking pay-off despite going under his own steam) is negotiated.

Spurs must also be aware that Chelsea are reported to be lining up Rijkard for next summer in which case Barca are bound to be interested in Mourinho.

Klinsmann reported to be eyeing the Spuds job.

Pre-job post-Jol check list:

1) Find out if the owners are doing a bunk

2) Find out if owners need you to achieve Champs League qualification and be an expert in planning laws and a stadium architect in order to do a bunk

3) Find out who the new guy is if the owner has bunked

4) Get rid of the wally who was responsible for last summer's transfer spending farce

5) Get rid of the rest of the wallies off the board or at least lock the boardroom and lose the key

Only then can he inherit the most unbalanced squad in the Premier League.

Klinsmann reported to be eyeing the Spuds job.

Pre-job post-Jol check list:

1) Find out if the owners are doing a bunk

2) Find out if owners need you to achieve Champs League qualification and be an expert in planning laws and a stadium architect in order to do a bunk

3) Find out who the new guy is if the owner has bunked

4) Get rid of the wally who was responsible for last summer's transfer spending farce

5) Get rid of the rest of the wallies off the board or at least lock the boardroom and lose the key

Only then can he inherit the most unbalanced squad in the Premier League.

Interesting. I would imagine those factors might just preclude Hughes from going too.

On one level, that would be extremely funny, watching the "special one" leave Chelski in his wake.

Would be a two edged sword for Rovers. He would probably turn Spuds into a genuine force meaning there was one more club we couldn't realistically finish above over the course of a season.

On the other hand, if he went to Spuds and BFS stayed at Newcastle for the forseeable future it's one less job to realistically tempt Sparky.

I make that two less jobs to worry about. Now we only have MU, Chelsea, Everton, Barcelona, Bayer Munich, and probably WHam, Villa and a few other assorted continental top clubs to worry about.

Archived