BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers On Radio 5

Brownie

My best mate, Dunny, is gonna be on Radio 5 at about 8.15 discussing Rovers. Says he's going to mention the media bias and the fact the newsmen are more interested in Spurs struggling than Rovers 7 match winning streak etc

Have a listen, should be good.

LISTEN LIVE TO RADIO FIVE LIVE | FIVE LIVE SPORTS EXTRA

Which is it? They talk about some scottish football on Radio Five..

Hughes on..

Some guy saying Samba, Nelsen, Friedel, McCarthy, Santa Cruz and even MGP would make the England squad..

Steve Claridge has always had a seemingly rabid dislike for Rovers. I'm not too sure why.

What did we ever do to him?

Anyway...he is the kind of guy who so pathetically tries to be a "character"....scruffy sod, socks rolled down, problems with gambling etc. To be fair he has managed to desperately carve out some media career out of it so can't fault him for that.

Steve Claridge has always had a seemingly rabid dislike for Rovers. I'm not too sure why.

What did we ever do to him?

Anyway...he is the kind of guy who so pathetically tries to be a "character"....scruffy sod, socks rolled down, problems with gambling etc. To be fair he has managed to desperately carve out some media career out of it so can't fault him for that.

Was he part of the Leicster playoff team whengood ol Speedie was ruthlessly hacked down in the Penalty box at Wembley :rover:

Was he part of the Leicster playoff team whengood ol Speedie was ruthlessly hacked down in the Penalty box at Wembley :rover:

No but he was part of the cambridge team that finished one place above us that season. they sold him midway through the season

No but he was part of the cambridge team that finished one place above us that season. they sold him midway through the season

Ahhh

I just think of Claridge being at Leicster for seemingly ever

Worst one i evr heard from Claridge was after we won the Worthington Cup. He was on "You're on sky Sports" talking about the final and then suddenly announced "Of course I didn't watch it" Thouhgt at first it was a wind up, said tongue in cheek but it wasn't. He was really passing comment on a game he admitted he hadn't seen

I think we worry too much of what some of these so called pundits think. Admittedly we are getting some praise now but in the case of Claridge all I see is a ex player whos big achievements were usually getting promoted followed by relegation. Who gives a F**k what he thinks

I am getting more concerned with all the positive attention we are getting now. It's all pointed towards Hughes, we know it's true but I have a feeling it's the media advertising him so someone will come and take him away so we will slide. Me and my conspiracy theories. I mean as long as we are bully boys no one would want him but now witht he pretty football we have shown we can play he is all the rage.

Graham Poll's on Eamon Holmes show.

Just been talking about decisions in big games and he mentioned the penalty-that-wasn't in the Carling Cup final vs Spuds.

"Me and the wife had a table reservation for dinner. If the match had gone to extra time, we'd have lost it."

I think the comment was made in jest! :rolleyes:

Archived