• Reid
    • Pedersen

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shots statistics according to the BBC at the moment

On target: Rovers 11 Villa 2

Off target: Rovers 7 Villa 0

THis was my worry for this season- we would get a footballing team together which could inflict real damage and the refs would take it away from us.

Shots statistics according to the BBC at the moment

On target: Rovers 11 Villa 2

Off target: Rovers 7 Villa 0

THis was my worry for this season- we would get a footballing team together which could inflict real damage and the refs would take it away from us.

Obviously the referee has ruined any chance we had of getting anything from this, although 2-0 with eleven men still would have been very tough.

However, you can't really say the referees are taking it away from us. If that statistic is right, that's 19 shots without scoring a goal. Referees can do many things but they can't put the ball in the net for us.

If that statistic is right, that's 19 shots without scoring a goal. Referees can do many things but they can't put the ball in the net for us.

I assure you, of those 19 shots only a couple was ever in danger of going past their goalkeeper.

I've felt for a long time that we don't finish teams off.

We've had so many games this season and in previous seasons when we have dominated games or had a high percentage of the play and we don't do anything to kill games off.

We could create 20 chances yet only test the keeper a couple of times and we'd then pay by teams scoring from 1 or 2 chances. i.e. Fulham on Sunday and Villa today + many examples earlier in the season.

Anyone remember Rovers v Crewe - We created so many chances (must have been 20+ shots on goal) yet Crewe scored with their only attack to win 1-0 at Ewood. Ahhh lol

Archived