BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup 2010

Iceman

Sorry I know this is probably the wrong place for this topic…

But will you guys be coming to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup?Do you guys think we will host a good world cup?

If so please let me know,and we could all hook up and meet…will be great to meet some of you.

Cheers

Iccers

I might go as I have a friend down in South Africa who I'd like to visit at some point and it would be good to combine the two things, long time to go yet though. Personally I don't think that you should have been awarded it as I didn't agree with locking the tournament to a particular continent and don't think anyone in Africa is really properly prepared to host one.

Security is the one major aspect that the organising committee is looking at…you must remember that we held the cricket world cup and rugby world cup successfuly without any problems.Crime is a major problem around the world,not just South Africa.

Come to Cape Town,and I’ll show you around…I guarantee that you would return many times…one bit of advice though,take the bus and avoid taking taxi’s and trains to get around.

I might go as I have a friend down in South Africa who I'd like to visit at some point and it would be good to combine the two things, long time to go yet though. Personally I don't think that you should have been awarded it as I didn't agree with locking the tournament to a particular continent and don't think anyone in Africa is really properly prepared to host one.

I think you wrong there about the continent aspect…. Out of all the African Countries we are definitely capable of hosting the World Cup.Its only fair that we got awarded the World cup,after what happened with that clown from New Zealand who voted against us and allowed Germany to win.

:rover: as a vetran off many world cups i decided to hang my rattle up after germany,having a legit ticket for englands quarter final,and not getting in the ground till 25 mins after kick off did it for me.south africa will hold a great world cup,is it true they are selling real cheap tickets to the locals? :brfcsmilie:

I know there will be cheap tickets available,but im speaking under correction that it might only be for the 1st round.Its something like 20 Rand(about 2 pounds) or something crazy like that

Security is the one major aspect that the organising committee is looking at…you must remember that we held the cricket world cup and rugby world cup successfuly without any problems.

Neither of which attract the frightening numbers of a football world cup.

I think you wrong there about the continent aspect…. Out of all the African Countries we are definitely capable of hosting the World Cup.Its only fair that we got awarded the World cup,after what happened with that clown from New Zealand who voted against us and allowed Germany to win.

Why? For what reason do you deserve a World Cup more than Germany?

My friends dad is involved in the development of a power station for use in the World Cup in South Africa. It is currently scheduled to be ready in 2012.

I've not heard good things about the transport system or accomodation in some of the lesser-known venues. I went to Germany for a month for the 2006 World Cup and loved it but cannot say I'm planning to go to this one. Expense is a big factor, but I do also have worries about SA's capability to smoothly run such a phenomonally difficult occasion.

Security is the one major aspect that the organising committee is looking at…you must remember that we held the cricket world cup and rugby world cup successfuly without any problems.Crime is a major problem around the world,not just South Africa.

Come to Cape Town,and I’ll show you around…I guarantee that you would return many times…one bit of advice though,take the bus and avoid taking taxi’s and trains to get around.

Cape town is one of the safest areas isn't it? My mate went there and loved it. Johannesburg was the problem that most people i have spoken to have mentioned. Instead of car jacking you they just shoot you and take your car.

It's not just crime it's the type of the crime, with the common theme being the violent and fatal nature of the crime.

Still i don't think i'll be making it out. I'll just wait for it to head back to europe or england. :rover:

Ice

I thought I was the only SA citizen on this site. In fact, I thought I was the only Rover in SA.

Should be interesting to see how the organisers place the bigger nations. I assume the likes of Brazil, England, Italy etc will be based in the major centres like Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban.

That would be bad news for me as I am in Port Elizabeth. At least from a crime perspective this is one of the safest places to be (FIFA: are u listening? hehe)

Ice

I thought I was the only SA citizen on this site. In fact, I thought I was the only Rover in SA.

Should be interesting to see how the organisers place the bigger nations. I assume the likes of Brazil, England, Italy etc will be based in the major centres like Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban.

That would be bad news for me as I am in Port Elizabeth. At least from a crime perspective this is one of the safest places to be (FIFA: are u listening? hehe)

Hi there…

Well ive been a Rovers supporter for almost 17 years now.Ive been on the official message board,but was banned for life on there lol.i have used the BRFCS board before as RoverBoy,but didn’t use it much as most of my friends is on the official board.I know there are a few of the official board members that I know,like TimSouthamptonRover,and I think RTM is also on here.anyway mate nice knowing there is another SA rovers supporter.i always thought I was the only one lmao. B)

I was in S.A 2 years ago catching the Greyhound from Jo'Burg to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. The country itself is absolutely stunning, would be a shame for those who are going to limit themselves to the World Cup events, take a trip outside the precint of over priced beer and try get out to a national park for a week or something, sit back, relax and bathe in Englands failure to go past the group stages.

Safety there is pretty much in shambles. I remember driving in a car seeing a group of guys jumping a fence into someones yard however the cops where more interested in me on my mobile phone ringing the police to notify them. GET OF YOUR MOBILE WHILST DRIVING!!! :blink:

But with that, I definitely hope to be there complete with over sized blackburn flag :D

I was in S.A 2 years ago catching the Greyhound from Jo'Burg to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. The country itself is absolutely stunning, would be a shame for those who are going to limit themselves to the World Cup events, take a trip outside the precint of over priced beer and try get out to a national park for a week or something, sit back, relax and bathe in Englands failure to go past the group stages.

Safety there is pretty much in shambles. I remember driving in a car seeing a group of guys jumping a fence into someones yard however the cops where more interested in me on my mobile phone ringing the police to notify them. GET OF YOUR MOBILE WHILST DRIVING!!! :blink:

But with that, I definitely hope to be there complete with over sized blackburn flag :D

Lol I had something similar happen …I was on my mobile giving the police a ring,to say somebody was breaking into my place.Not realising my brother had come through the back door,police nabbed him threw him in the back of the car and we had to bail him out and explain. Bloody robbers got away..So yeah security here aint the brightest.. :rolleyes:

Archived