BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United

We've looked superb so far, but the pessimist in me is saying that it can't possibly last.

The formation is a strange one, but it would seem that without the ball we play a 4-5-1 with Reid at RB, Emerton/Bentley/Vogel in the centre and Roque at RM. With the ball... well would seem like a 4-4-2 with Emerton as a MRC, MGP at AML, Vogel anchoring and Bentley roaming.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant first half performance, I know a few of us have moaned about Hughes' tactics recently but so far today they are spot on. We don't seem to be playing with a right sided player as such, Santa Cruz and Roberts seem to take it in turns to move over to that side both offensively and defensively, and it's working a treat. Bentley looks every part a £15m+ player today, he is oozing class whenever he touches the ball.

Vogel seems to be bringing a calming influence to the centre of midfield, it's actually quite welcome after seeing the relative recklessness of Savage and Mokoena there over the last few years. I have noticed his positional play is excellent, he seems very aware of who he should be covering at the back, which is very useful with Reid and Warnock both preferring to bomb forward.

Wasn't Rooney's challenge worthy of a sending off? Hold on to your hats for the second half.

A brilliant first half performance and the first thing you wish to mention is the refereeing? You need to get that enormous chip off your shoulder USA, it's bordering on obsession. A red would have been harsh, it was frustration rather than trying to hurt Samba. It's probably one of the tackles where you'd like a card between yellow and red, neither seems to fit the situation very well. Stiles did turn down a decent penalty shout from them, Samba definitely didn't touch the ball and seemed to touch Rooney...I think Rooney made the most of it though which is probably why it was refused. But still, I've seen plenty of those given to the top 4 so credit to Stiles.

Vogel is also standing out for me, he's playing really well.

Warnock has also stood out to me. He dispossessed Ronaldo on that one ball down the flank early and also flicked that one cross out of Ronaldo's reach. Both early that could have changed the game if Ronaldo had been allowed to do something.

Archived