BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all depends which Rovers team turns up. If it's the one before October the afternoon should be entertaining.

If it's the team that's packed their swim suits for the Summer, then least said the better.

May sound dramatic, but a lot depends on todays performance if not the result.

If the team put in an effort and perform I dont care if they lose 5-0.

Just woken from a strange dream, which included my car being broken into, with Kate Moss advising me on a couple of issues. And we lost 5-0, and for some reason I was cheering!

I need a bacon butty.

I think you might need something stronger than that Paul! Or maybe you had that last night? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to it now, should be a cracking atmosphere so hopefully the Rovers team will raise to the occasion and give us something to cheer about!

My team suggestions:

Friedel - Emerton, Ooijer, Nelsen, Warnock - Vogel, Reid - Gamst, Dunn, Bentley - Roque

or

Friedel - Emerton, Ooijer, Nelsen, Warnock - Vogel, Dunn - Gamst, Benni, Bentley - Roque

which can change to 4-4-2 anytime

Friedel - Emerton, Ooijer, Nelsen, Warnock - Gamst, Vogel, Dunn, Bentley - Benni, Roque

I reckon Samba will play instead of Ooijer though. We definitely have to play Emerton on right back though, because we need his pace against Ronaldo. A point that I'm sure a few have already pointed out.

Don't want to predict any score here, but hopefully we'll get something out of the game! Come on Rovers :rover:

I think you might need something stronger than that Paul! Or maybe you had that last night? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to it now, should be a cracking atmosphere so hopefully the Rovers team will raise to the occasion and give us something to cheer about!

My team suggestions:

Friedel - Emerton, Ooijer, Nelsen, Warnock - Vogel, Reid - Gamst, Dunn, Bentley - Roque

or

Friedel - Emerton, Ooijer, Nelsen, Warnock - Vogel, Dunn - Gamst, Benni, Bentley - Roque

which can change to 4-4-2 anytime

Friedel - Emerton, Ooijer, Nelsen, Warnock - Gamst, Vogel, Dunn, Bentley - Benni, Roque

I reckon Samba will play instead of Ooijer though. We definitely have to play Emerton on right back though, because we need his pace against Ronaldo. A point that I'm sure a few have already pointed out.

Don't want to predict any score here, but hopefully we'll get something out of the game! Come on Rovers :rover:

If Paal's attending there's no chance of victory. Pick you up at 4pm Paal.

I am really excited about this one but I fear the Mancs will rest several players and STILL give us a tonking. Remember us having no answer to John O'Shea's forward runs last season, all those Paul Scholes goals etc etc? At least Saha is injured! The Mancs' fixture list means RFW is certain to put a "weaker" side out against us:

Saturday 19th April

Blackburn vs Man Utd

Wednesday 23rd April

Barcelona vs Man Utd

Saturday 26th April

Chelsea vs Man Utd

Tuesday 29th April

Man Utd vs Barcelona

Just seen an explanation of why only 30,600 seats went on sale- its a combination of the front two rows of the Darwen End Upper not being sold because of Manc habit of standing up at games and the official capacity including seating for stewards and the press!!!

Read number 5 and cheer up! Nice to see it stated so clearly in black and white that we wererobbed against the Mancs. That said, Rob Styles today.. oh no!

I have left a comment at the bottom of the article as it seems few other Rovers fans have. We get so little support from the media, especially something as dated and yet as informed as that article and I think we should respond en masse to show these people that we do read papers and are worth writing about.

3-1 to United.Dreadfull characterless display from the Rovers.

Blackburn end chants, Hughsey Hughsey give us a wave,to no avail.

Santa Cruz scores a blinder in the 94th minute,a contender for goal of the season.

Everyones happy,swapping shirts,smiling like Cheshire cats.

All the Sky tv pundits agree,as they did before the game"Mark Hughes has done an incredible job at Blackburn" :mellow:

I have left a comment at the bottom of the article as it seems few other Rovers fans have. We get so little support from the media, especially something as dated and yet as informed as that article and I think we should respond en masse to show these people that we do read papers and are worth writing about.

A good read that. Just added my twopenneth.

As I awit the missus finalising her hair and nails for the wedding a manc scumbag and his intended I thought I would just pop on here and give my last thoughts.

I am gutted and I mean gutted at not being at Ewood, even more so I have ti witness a red fan getting wed causing me to miss the game.

I am attired in a nice blue and white shirt with my favourite Rovers lapel badge pinned on my heart.

Go on Rovers give em hell and for all you fans off to Ewood sing your hearts out and give me the reason to slope off and find a tv to watch the game !!

A good read that. Just added my twopenneth.

Nice one Bob, we have already turned the tide of the conversation Rovers way.

As I said it isn't often that we get that kind of educated, researched praise, outside lazy journalists copying each other as to whatever the latest opinion is, ie Rovers are dirty, Rovers can break the big four, Hughes is the next man Utd boss etc, Rovers have no fans...

Through the organisation of this board and eagle eyed board members posting links like this one we can conduct our own Rovers propoganda and try and turn the general perception of us a bit. If we hadn't posted on there no one outside Rovers today would have thought twice about us winning the league in the style we did.

The same goes for any negative blogs/articles, if we reply in numbers we can try to change the opinion of the ignorant masses who tend to believe the last thing they read anyway, let that last word be ours...

And the muppet referee at Ewood against Utd was Gerald Ashby by the way. (And Durkin at Old Trafford I think, showing his support by the colour of his hair!)

Gerald Ashby

:angry:

Drove past the Golden Cup at 11.50 by the way - riot van there and some Manchester Celebrities have made their presence known already. The police weren't very happy with them from what I could see.

Oh yes everyone - the circus is in town today.

It must be Beer O' Clock soon?

Drove past the Golden Cup at 11.50 by the way - riot van there and some Manchester Celebrities have made their presence known already. The police weren't very happy with them from what I could see.

what do you expect Bob

the Police must have been dreading this one for a long time; I hope that they have enough cells for the scum bags; god only knows what state the Darwen End will be in, and I expect other parts of the ground.

i've got my lucky pants on, and i'm off to The Lucky Bar to watch the game...come on you blue boys!!

what do you expect Bob

the Police must have been dreading this one for a long time; I hope that they have enough cells for the scum bags; god only knows what state the Darwen End will be in, and I expect other parts of the ground.

i've got my lucky pants on, and i'm off to The Lucky Bar to watch the game...come on you blue boys!!

I assume that you haven't used your lucky pants much nor spent much time in The Lucky Bar this season? :rolleyes:

When I went to Cherry Tree around 1:45, the was a "Croydon Coaches" coach ouside a pub with a number of police in attendance.

I really don't understand why Samba keeps starting. When players don't perform, Hughes needs to drop them. We'll get slaughtered here.

And why has Benni been stuck on the bench for so many games in a row? We need to change things up.

Archived